View Poll Results: Will you buy/rent content from video store?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 19.15%
  • No

13 27.66%
  • Maybe/undecided

25 53.19%
    To me, it looks like RIM has jumped on the overpriced digital media content train. At least, whomever runs that video store has. Pricing seems ridiculously high for content of that size and sometimes quality. Twenty dollars for a digital copy of a movie I can buy a hard copy of for half or less seems excessive to me. I've seen this kind of pricing before and have made sure to stay clear of it and it looks like I will again. The library seems small too, but I suppose that is because it's new.

Will you be using the video store to rent or purchase movies or tv shows?
    02-22-12 01:15 PM
    No way. Even Zune is cheaper and I don't use that for movie rentals/purchases either. Do have the Zune pass for music though.
    02-22-12 01:17 PM
    I looked through it some, saw the pricing, and I'm waiting for them to hopefully come down.

It looks interesting though, it has some promise but the prices are wayyyy to high imo.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-22-12 01:18 PM
    The Video Store service is not available in Canada therefore my answer is no.
    02-22-12 01:19 PM
    Not available outside the US.....
    02-22-12 01:20 PM
    I chose YES in the pole, but I would like to recant, those prices seem to be quite expensive .
    02-22-12 01:23 PM
    Do the rentals actually download to the PB for offline viewing? If so, then maybe yes--though prices are indeed high. If they need to be streamed then definitely no.
    02-22-12 01:32 PM
    I'm in Canada, so I won't be using it anyway... Now if they were to release it in Canada then I'd look into it, but until then I'll stick with recording off of my tv to my pvr and then moving those files to my computer, then to my PlayBook... There's no service outside of the USA with a decent catalogue... Stupid CRTC...
    02-22-12 01:46 PM
    prices are way overpriced though, but maybe i will getting some ones though.
    if it comes available over here i hope they make it a less expensive.
    02-22-12 01:51 PM
    All I can say is "Maybe" & I stress that. I have Amazon Prime - which I find works best in Simple Browser & I await Netflix to arrive on the PB... so, PAYING again for something that I already pay for... hmm.... it's gotta be something really rare that I can't find anywhere else for me to do it... that's all I can say...
    02-22-12 01:58 PM
    Posted this in another thread, though since there are so many 'Video Store' threads going on right now, I figured I might as well spam too... so here are some clarifications on the Video Store:

If you visit BlackBerry Video Store and login to your account, the RoxioNow support people say that you are able to stream those rentals on your Computer as well when you view "My Library" from your computer. No need to copy files/etc (they are DRM protected anyways).

Yes, you can purchase/rent a movie and have it stream immediately, or wait till it downloads and watch 'offline'.

RoxioNow supports streaming to other devices, much the same as NetFlix does (It has recently been renamed, and was once known as CinemaNow). CinemaNow is an app on the XBOX 360 (US Only) as well.

RoxioNow/CinemaNow is available in Canada right now! The PlayBook however, is not a supported device in Canada (much the same as... NetFlix!). As a Canadian, you can go to CinemaNow.com and setup an account to stream content to your computer.
    02-22-12 02:31 PM
    very doubtful...
    02-22-12 05:28 PM
    i don't rent or buy movies, so many online places to watch and pirate, i mean borrow, i mean rent for free.
    02-22-12 05:31 PM
    I'll try it out. Hope the prices lower though.
    02-22-12 05:34 PM
    If by video store you mean torrent client for dvd rips. Yeah.
    Paying a streaming rental service is already available to me with my videotron cable thing
    02-22-12 05:36 PM
    Reminds me...I need to figure out how to put movies I own on my PlayBook. Everyone is saying goes handbrake but I can't that to work.
    02-22-12 05:39 PM
    No not important.I will go to tube and use PPV. The PB is great but to small for me to watch movies. Also at what cost.
    02-22-12 05:41 PM
    Redbox movies are $1. So, probably not.
    02-22-12 05:41 PM
    I have netflix, satellite, and too much free stuff to watch to buy or rent. Most of my video watching is done while also doing something else.
    02-22-12 08:29 PM
    Not until they have something that I want to watch.
    02-22-12 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD