I activated my 9930 today. Every time I press my menu button it makes my screen lock. Also when I am typing a text it locks out.
    So after talking to Verizon and then their Blackberry support, they have decided to send me another 9930. They said it is a defect in the phone.
    My husband (who has a work issued Torch), family, friends and even the support at Verizon have tried to convince me to switch to the Iphone.
    I am going to my local Verizon store to exchange to a new 9930 without a this screen lock problem.
    Ack! I know I will face more Iphone pressure at the Verizon store...
    02-21-12 10:25 PM
    I think your phone is not broken. This had happened go me before and this is caused by pressing alt and caps at the same time. If press alt caps two time again it will take u out of this lock mode. Also this can cause back button to turn to app switcher as well.

Anyway, my friends also wNts me to buy an Android phone.
    02-21-12 11:15 PM
    I think your phone is not broken. This had happened go me before and this is caused by pressing alt and caps at the same time. If press alt caps two time again it will take u out of this lock mode. Also this can cause back button to turn to app switcher as well.

Anyway, my friends also wNts me to buy an Android phone.
    I was hoping your tip would work. Sadly it did not work. Menu button still locks the screen and it still randomly locks. I am going to keep looking around and see if anybody has had this problem.
    If I don't fix it tonight I will go to the Verizon store and exchange it for another 9930.
    02-21-12 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD