I haven't upgraded to OS2 yet -- I'm utterly scared out of my pajamas at this point. So, here's my first question:

OK, I see "native messages, calendar, and contacts." But what about memos and tasks? Do those "stay on the PlayBook," or is it the same-old "they reside on your phone, not on the PlayBook? I sure haven't found anything that says much of anything about them.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!
    02-21-12 10:09 PM
    They are in the Bridge folder.

HTH
    02-21-12 10:54 PM
    I'm not too sure about tasks but you can always docs to go to make notes...not that big of a deal
    02-21-12 11:01 PM
    So, it sounds like it's what I expect -- there is no "native memo" app or "native tasks" app in 2.0.

Let me tell you, about 80% of what I want is some way to synch the about a hundred notes I've got in Outlook, and on my phone, with my PB. Without that, it's virtually not worth the risk of bricking my PB, not getting the Bridge to work so I can surf the net, and everything else.

And it's not like I haven't tried a whole bunch of App World apps -- I sure haven't found anything anywhere near satisfactory, yet.

So, this is a really big bummer for me.....

Thanks much for the help, though!
    02-22-12 12:41 AM
    I'm not too sure about tasks but you can always docs to go to make notes...not that big of a deal
    As I have been telling everyone, if we want PB to become popular, we can't tell consumers to find a workaround for what iOS/Android already has apps for.

I'd like a dedicated Memos/Tasks app. Tasks should be integrated with Calendar too, but in a less annoying way.
    02-22-12 12:44 AM
    I totally agree. I'm hurting for a native tasks app as well.
    02-22-12 01:32 AM
    They should have just told you to install Evernote. I'm surprised they didn't make native versions because they are fairly simple apps.
    02-22-12 01:50 AM
    I had also really hoped there would be native task and memo apps in v2.0. Hope it will be forth coming soon.
    02-22-12 02:29 AM
    I totally agree. I'm hurting for a native tasks app as well.
    Have you tried Conqu? It's free and works well for me.
    Barljo likes this.
    02-22-12 03:48 AM
    Evernote is annoying because you have to sign in to view.

I used it once to create a list of question to ask my doc. Got to the hospital and couldn't read them

Conq might be better.
    02-22-12 03:55 AM
    Also, in my opinion I'd scrap the bridge applications as being separate.

They should be native to each device. 'Bridging' could still be used to sync between BB phone and PlayBook.

If I create a note on my PlayBook using bridge, it still needs to be accessible on the PlayBook when bridge is off.

Just my opinion.
    02-22-12 04:04 AM
    Evernote only works in the clouds. My PB access is usualy where there is no internet service. I need Tasks & Memos. I use GTD a lot and cannot exist without these apps. Bridging to BB (9700) is fine, just the battery goes down quicker.
    Between my PC & BB I use Viira - highly recommended, in fact V Highly. PB app due out soon, not sure how it will work - with the Bridged Calendar or native.
    Chris
    02-22-12 04:49 AM
    Since OS2 I use Ultimate To-Do List to sync with Toodledo. That let's me sync PocketInformant on the BlackBerry and Appigo Sync/ToDo on Mac. There are Toodledo apps for Windows too including Outlook plugins.

Toodledo keeps my GTD system wireless.
    02-22-12 04:56 AM
    As I have been telling everyone, if we want PB to become popular, we can't tell consumers to find a workaround for what iOS/Android already has apps for.

I'd like a dedicated Memos/Tasks app. Tasks should be integrated with Calendar too, but in a less annoying way.
    It's only a workaround until someone develops an app.....;-)
    02-22-12 05:48 AM
    Completely agree - I live & die by Task management. Using Pocket Informant now on Berry and sync it to Outlook thru native Berry PIM (could syncc directly if I wished). Problem is now getting it synced to Playbook.

Could maybe sync Contacts and Calendar if I was willing to migrate everything to Google apps, but I'm not. Don't want to inject yet another app into the mix, don't like their non-privacy mucking about with my PIM data, and from what I've read on here it's not reliable anyway.

Now I find it confirmed there nothing to even sync Tasks and Memos to even if the sync tool existed.

The whole PIM side of the Playbook is useless to me. Too bad, I really like the hardware, screen, multitasking, etc. But it has to give me the core personal productivity functionality if it's ever to be more than a toy.

- R.
    02-22-12 11:43 AM
    As stated before, Conqu is handy, and as for me I just set stuff on the calendar as my todo list, its effective enough
    02-22-12 11:46 AM
    Hi everyone,

As a productivity-geek I just recentely released a new app that extends the power of the native blackberry PIM (tasks, memos, contacts).
    Its a GTD(Getting Things Done), with focus on simplicity and integration with the core blackberry features.

It won't solve the bridgeless-playbook issue, but at least you can still access all your info without extra apps

Check it out!
    WiseTasks for BlackBerry | GTD for BlackBerry
    cscott44 likes this.
    04-21-12 06:09 AM
    Your app looks great!!. I want to try it when the trial version is released.
    04-23-12 12:20 AM
    Hi Scott, thanks!
    There won't be a trial, but a free(limited) version is pending AppWorld approval.

I'm working on version2, which is bringing Geofencing(GeoContexts in GTD ) to the tasks in BlackBerry.
    04-23-12 05:45 AM
    Looking forward to that and will try it out
    04-23-12 09:10 AM
    Just to let you know that v2 is already out, and a free version is available
    enjoy!
    04-26-12 03:39 PM
    "it's virtually not worth the risk of bricking my PB, not getting the Bridge to work so I can surf the net, and everything else." This statement is so poor to the reality of the upgrade. I read a lot on this forum, as well has have updated over 15 playbooks and none have had any of these issues. Back-up your data as upgrades can do wonky things to data, then upgrade. If your data is missing, simply restore from the back-up. You don't want to brick it, make sure it is full power and plugged in when updating. Bridge works better with the update, not worse the wifi is much better post update as well and the browser is significantly smoother and faster. I don't understand where you are getting these poor / bad assumptions about the upgrade. Do it now for the love of ease and speed.
    04-26-12 03:54 PM
    Also, in my opinion I'd scrap the bridge applications as being separate.

They should be native to each device. 'Bridging' could still be used to sync between BB phone and PlayBook.

If I create a note on my PlayBook using bridge, it still needs to be accessible on the PlayBook when bridge is off.

Just my opinion.
    That ignores the fundamental security value of Bridge: No data on the device means no security breach if device is stolen. This makes the PB very attractive to business.
    Barljo likes this.
    04-26-12 06:12 PM
    Just to let you know that v2 is already out, and a free version is available
    enjoy!
    How do you get the free version? Only see the paid version in appworld.
    04-30-12 01:28 AM
    How do you get the free version? Only see the paid version in appworld.
    try this link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/105826/
    04-30-12 02:05 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD