Ok, I read all the comments on the video showing the contact functionality in 2.0, I thought I was lost knowing PB would not synch to BB contacts, but somehow it worked for me (well I think so, but I will try and explain).

So downloaded 2.0 and first thing I did was make sure my BB id was in the settings. Added my FB and LinkedIn Ids as well and then Gmail. Now I dont have contacts in Gmail, so I knew I didnt need to synch these up. At first glance, only my FB and Linkedin contacts came up but I really wanted my BB list to synch to PB.

So all I did is turn bridge on, and got into the contacts, sure all my contacts were there, BB, FB, Linkedin. So to my surprise, I turned off Bridge and Bluetooth and these contacts were still there. Now you would ask these just synched to my FB contacts but to confirm, I have certain contacts that are not on any social networking (just phone numbers) but these are now in my PB contact....So I would only think somehow it recognized these and just kept them. There was a few duplicates, but that was due to the names not matching (shorter versions) or the phone numbers (+1 area code). Once I edited these, all the info got synched to 1 contact for each PB contact and voila.

I hope others try this and get the same results.

PS...Now I will try and add a new 'test' contact to my BB and see if this gets picked up when doing the same. If so, guess this would be an easy work around. Will post the result.
    Next, try and do the same for calendar.
    02-21-12 09:56 PM
    To my unsurprised mind, this was too easy to be true.
    When I launched Bridge again, any previous synch with those contacts were no longer there. Also any edits that I had made to merge contacts, these were removed too. No duplicates but the additional info that wished was there, is no more.

Oh well, it was worth it for the hour or so it was there.
    02-21-12 10:21 PM
    Sad, mines not
    02-21-12 10:30 PM
    It was a mixed bag for me. I synced my yahoo account and linkedin account and ended up with a majority of my contacts added. I had to do the little link command for the duplicates though. Only thing is the contact photos on my phone didn't carry through.
    02-21-12 10:44 PM
    um....i have contact in gmail but no contact in hotmail
    i can only see hotmail have a "contact sync" and gmail doesn't have the "contact sync" option? @.@???
    02-21-12 11:06 PM
    it shouldnt sync but dhould just copy.
    02-21-12 11:19 PM
    um i don't see it copy to the contact at all
    all the contact that i have in the build in contact list are from facebook and twitters @.@...
    02-21-12 11:45 PM
    I need a way to import and keep sync my BB contacts with PB.
    So on my PB, i will have one contact with all relevant details about that person.

I don't want to see most of my contacts from facebook on my PB contacts at all.
    02-22-12 12:33 PM
    ya me too...
    or just use the bridge...
    02-22-12 12:55 PM
    ignore...........................
    Last edited by sf49ers; 02-22-12 at 01:12 PM.
    02-22-12 01:02 PM
    I need a way to import and keep sync my BB contacts with PB.
    So on my PB, i will have one contact with all relevant details about that person.

I don't want to see most of my contacts from facebook on my PB contacts at all.
    the beauty of the contacts app is that it is intelligent, if it finds the same profile of the contact on different places then it will intelligently merge them into one contact. Once it pulled all the data from all the social sites most of my contacts are merged but for some they specified their last name as an initial or something else and for those contacts I had to correct their name manually and it merged them into one contact. Also if two people has the same first and last names it looks at other information like Birthdate, place they live, place they work etc before merging them into one.
    02-22-12 01:10 PM
    You should be able to delete a misleading thread like this.
    02-22-12 01:29 PM
    the beauty of the contacts app is that it is intelligent, if it finds the same profile of the contact on different places then it will intelligently merge them into one contact. Once it pulled all the data from all the social sites most of my contacts are merged but for some they specified their last name as an initial or something else and for those contacts I had to correct their name manually and it merged them into one contact. Also if two people has the same first and last names it looks at other information like Birthdate, place they live, place they work etc before merging them into one.
    I figured it out.
    My problem seems caused by me. I have no idea how to fix it.
    Some how, I have 2 Unknown Contacts list in my BB, with my 2 Gmail list. I dont sync gmail contact with BB, so they both empty.
    And it seems phone made one gmail list as my primary contact so when i sync with PC or bridge to my PB, there is no contact to sync.
    I need a way to delete those 2 unknown lists and make one list, and make that as primary so that it sync with PC and Bridge contact works too.

Anyone have any idea?

I did try RSET in contacts and that didnt make the unknown list primary, but just empty the contacts.
    Last edited by kunamvahees; 02-23-12 at 12:33 PM.
    02-23-12 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD