It was my understanding that the only thing holding up RIM's official release of the bluetooth keyboard (with integrated carrying case) for the Playbook was the release of OS 2.0, since it's the first release to support it. The keyboard was supposed to drop at the same time as OS 2.0, wasn't it? Where is it? Everythig I've read about it suggests it's a bit better than the other options available.
    02-21-12 09:47 PM
    I would like to know the answer to this also.
    02-21-12 09:53 PM
    Where ever did you get this information from?? The reason for the delay until the Feb release announced back in Oct 2011, was that the native PIM apps and unified inbox weren't ready. You were able to use a bluetooth keyboard with the previous version.
    02-21-12 10:00 PM
    I have two bluetooth keyboards running with my pb. A visiontek VT2012 (which has worked on every version of PB OS) and a Zagg YW2-folzkflex (newer, but already worked on OS 1.xx). OS2's support of Bluetooth is even better than OS 1.xx, but it is certainly not the first to support keyboards.
    02-21-12 10:01 PM
    The OP is referring to a RIM brand keyboard /case combo that Kevin did a quick review and posted on YouTube. It was advertised to be released with OS2.
    02-21-12 10:04 PM
    Only reason my PB is caseless is because I have been holding out for this keyboard case. I was waiting all day today in hopes that there would be an announcement on crackberry saying it was available. All the reports I read was that it was already at distributors just waiting for OS2
    02-21-12 10:11 PM
    This is relevant to my interest.
    02-21-12 10:14 PM
    I have the convertible case, and my 9900(which is always with me) makes a very nice bluetooth keyboard and trackpad. I used to have a bluetooth keyboard from walmart, but it was horrible
    02-21-12 10:17 PM
    i have seen the BB case at the source in west edmonton mall, was like $80? i posted this info somewhere....i think its blackberry brand, although i am not 100% sure
    02-21-12 10:19 PM
    1425956 nailed it: It was a review from Kevin that I read which put into my head that the keyboard would be released on the same day as OS 2.0. I may have imagined reading the bit about OS 1.x not supporting bluetooth keyboards; obviously got them mixed up with stereo headphones. But yeah, like moviedude2k, I've held off on buying a case because I've been waiting for this one.
    02-21-12 10:20 PM
    OS 2.0.0.7971 supports HID the same way 1.0.x did. There are currently no settings available such as different keyboard profiles or support for AZERTY or QWERTZ keyboards, only QWERTY with one profile that we can't change.

Releasing the keyboard/case now would mean a lot of troubleshooting, support calls (not everybody is a crackberry), dissatisfaction and store returns. I don't think they can risk getting another product out to the market before it works as intended...
    02-21-12 10:34 PM
    02-21-12 11:16 PM
    There's been a number of threads about this and the latest guest was the keyboard/case would soon follow the official release of 2.0, presumably because it was designed to run the new OS. It looks like one of those items that shows up at those Wireless Giant Blackberry stores you see in Airports. I did a quick search and their website is being re-launched on 2/26/12. BTW, those stores are very well done. I came across one on a trip in January and I was shocked to see a store that new how to display Blackberry products! They were light on the Playbook though. I hope this is available soon because I am dying to try it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 11:22 PM
    i have seen the BB case at the source in west edmonton mall, was like $80? i posted this info somewhere....i think its blackberry brand, although i am not 100% sure
    Almost certainly the Hipstreet 3rd party case and keyboard.
    02-21-12 11:25 PM
    I think I'll just buy a $1 stand instead and use my 9900 as the bluetooth keyboard instead!

Heck, even the new virtual keyboard is pretty damned good with auto correct and the predictive suggestions.
    02-21-12 11:29 PM
    I have the convertible case, and my 9900(which is always with me) makes a very nice bluetooth keyboard and trackpad. I used to have a bluetooth keyboard from walmart, but it was horrible
    Love ur sig!
    02-21-12 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD