I've been running OS 2.0 Beta for several months on my PlayBook, and have had almost 0 issues.

However, on Monday I updated the Bridge software on my Blackberry 9930 to 2.0.0.25. Since that update the unread message count showing on my PlayBook for bridge messages has not matched the number of unread messages showing on my 9930. This is the first time that has happened.

This morning I updated to the official OS 2.0 release hoping that would fix the issue. No such luck. I show 107 unread messages on my PlayBook, and 1 on my 9930.

I have tried marking all messages on the 9930 as read and no change. I am thinking the culprit is the Bridge application on my 9930. Anyone else having a similar issue? It's not a deal breaker, but for the OCD amongst us, it's a bit annoying.
    02-21-12 09:29 PM
    I've also used the Beta for as long as they've been available... One thing I don't like about the new Os is, yes the messages app is awesome but it is very annoying when I get, a ding on my phone then a bridge ding, then afew moments later a Messages app ding.. I wish we could choose which apps get bridged... Personally I would only pick Bbm.

As for your unread count issue, I usually disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect it and all stuck Bbm or message notifications dissappear.

Another thing I wish... Has nothing to do with bridge. I wish we had USB OTG support.... Maybe dingleberry will come up with something for us all.
    02-21-12 11:04 PM
    I've also used the Beta for as long as they've been available... One thing I don't like about the new Os is, yes the messages app is awesome but it is very annoying when I get, a ding on my phone then a bridge ding, then afew moments later a Messages app ding.. I wish we could choose which apps get bridged... Personally I would only pick Bbm.

As for your unread count issue, I usually disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect it and all stuck Bbm or message notifications dissappear.

Another thing I wish... Has nothing to do with bridge. I wish we had USB OTG support.... Maybe dingleberry will come up with something for us all.
    In the bridge app, you can choose what bridge functions you want on your PB. Its in the menu.
    02-22-12 12:45 AM
    Figured out the issue, I like to file messages to various follow up folders but leave them unread so I know to go back to them.

On my 9930, and in the old version of the Bridge, these unread messages are not included in the message indicator count.

Looks like with version 2 of the bridge app it includes ALL unread messages even if they are in a folder other than the Inbox.

Something to be aware of.
    LoraxLorax likes this.
    02-22-12 01:43 PM
    Figured out the issue, I like to file messages to various follow up folders but leave them unread so I know to go back to them.

On my 9930, and in the old version of the Bridge, these unread messages are not included in the message indicator count.

Looks like with version 2 of the bridge app it includes ALL unread messages even if they are in a folder other than the Inbox.

Something to be aware of.
    Thank you for posting this. I was having the same issue and it was driving me NUTS. I don't file emails into separate folders, but there were emails in my junk email folder that I must have saved or not deleted. Once I marked them as read, the message indicator matched.
    06-25-12 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD