How do you access mail in Gmail folders/labeled? All I see is mail in the inbox. I have Gmail filters that labels (move to folders) many of my incoming mail and that seems to be inaccessible.
    02-21-12 07:31 PM
    That's an option you can configure in GMails settings. On your desktop, go into Gmail > Settings > Labels and tap the checkboxes in "Show in IMAP". BTW: the PB messages app requires some of the system labels, don't uncheck those.
    mellisdesigns likes this.
    02-22-12 03:19 AM
    Thanks for that as I was also going to ask this question but, I've checked my gmail settings and every label is ticked as "show in imap" yet all I get on my playbook are only the newest emails I receive.. any ideas?
    02-22-12 03:51 AM
    Sorry it's not constructive but I've got the same problem here. The client picked up all my gmail folders but refuses to find any emails when I try to refresh any of them. From the other posts in the forums it looks like RIM did a half arsed job of implementing IMAP.
    Another irritant of the email client for me is that it insists on started in 'All Accounts' wherever it was when it was shut down (why can't I set a default account and get it to start there?).
    I love my Blackberry and I'm trying real hard to stay positive but 10 months waiting for this release and still issues with baisc functions! For me it may be time to accept that RIM just aren't up to producing solid software anymore!
    02-23-12 10:50 AM
    No decent IMAP implementation = RIM fail.
    Awful.
    (Where are my email folders?)
    02-23-12 02:45 PM
    I have one google apps account and one gmail account set up on my PB in the native email app and I have access to ALL MY LABEL NAMES. They are available when you select a folder to save a message. You are correct that you cannot search archived mail yet, however if you have your blackberry you can do an advanced search and search your entire gmail account.
    02-23-12 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD