Hi,

I just downloaded the new OS for the Playbook. Looks great for e-mail etc., but I've noticed that my "Favorite" has disappeared from my home screen. Any way to get it back? I used it more than anything. I've tried looking in "Help". At one place it talks of "managing home screen", but then says "look in the applications section" which I can't find.

I must be missing something simple.

thanks.

John
    02-21-12 05:41 PM
    Its all folder based now, really, you probably have no need for multiple screens. Create a favorites folder or create folders based on tasks and lump your apps based on that. I missed the favorite screen for a bit too, but I'm liking the folders now that I have it set up. Maybe you can get it back to the way it was in OS1, but I havent seen it. Give folders a try
    canada john likes this.
    02-21-12 05:50 PM
    There aren't any more tabs in OS2 but you can create your own folders and also your own custom panes. Just touch and hold an app you want to move until all the apps start pulsing and then move the app to the right of your screen until it disappears. Then touch a spot on your screen and the icons will stop pulsing. You should now be able to swipe right to left & find a new pane with the app you moved in it. You can repeat to add more apps.
    canada john likes this.
    02-21-12 05:52 PM
    Like so
    02-21-12 06:02 PM
    Make a new folder called favorites. I have folders called games, news, media etc etc

Clears up all the clutter. You can even move a folder onto the dock.

Great addition to the OS
    canada john likes this.
    02-21-12 06:03 PM
    from the main page/home screen... if you swipe to the right, there is an extra canvas with "maybe" icons there already... you can sortof designate that as you "favourite" screen/canvas. If there are already exisiting icons, you can delete them as you would have normally before (by holding down on the icon till you see the trashcan to delete it). Funny thing I noticed is that when you to the right, you only get one extra blank canvas, but when you are on the delete screen... you can actually see there are 2 extra canvas (3 including the main), but can't seem to access that third canvas when you get out of delete mode.

Of course, there is always the folder method as mentioned above to designate your favourite apps.

Hope this helps. =D

PS.... loving the new 2.0 OS!!!
    canada john likes this.
    02-21-12 06:06 PM
    This is my homescreen
    02-21-12 06:20 PM
    02-21-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD