1. Can I sync the calendar on my phone with the calendar on my PB? Seems like this should be possible via BB-ID but I can't seem to find out how. It would suck to have to reenter all of my appointments.

2. Is it possible to set up the calendar so it doesn't import all 500 facebook friend birthdays? I don't need to know when that kid from high school I haven't talked to for 12 years turns 30.

Thanks

p.s. Loving 2.0 so far!
    02-21-12 03:31 PM
    That's what Bridge is for I think. We all have a bunch to learn about this new OS2 stuff.
    02-21-12 03:47 PM

2. Is it possible to set up the calendar so it doesn't import all 500 facebook friend birthdays? I don't need to know when that kid from high school I haven't talked to for 12 years turns 30.
    SDM - I wondered the same because I didnt need to know/have all that birthday info on my PB. When in Calendar swipe down from the top and on the left there will be options such as "local", "facebook" and "gmail" etc. Click on the facebook option and that will/should disable any FB calendar info from appearing in your calendar.

Hope that helps, it did for me
    sdmcdowell05 likes this.
    02-21-12 03:57 PM
    Here's how I synced my BB and PB calendar:

1. Download Tungle (free app) - under Options choose which calendars you want to sync and how often to sync. I synced my MSN account with Tungle.
    2. I use my MSN account for my default calendar on my BB. I added my MSN account to my PB email and allowed it to sync my calendar, contacts, etc.
    3. Tungle automatically syncs all events from my MSN account with my BB and PB
    02-21-12 04:03 PM

1. Download Tungle (free app) - under Options choose which calendars you want to sync and how often to sync. I synced my MSN account with Tungle.
    2. I use my MSN account for my default calendar on my BB. I added my MSN account to my PB email and allowed it to sync my calendar, contacts, etc.
    Glad you got it working.

For those of us that use outlook, we'd have to
    a. use msn instead
    b. download a 3rd party app to sync
    c. quit using outlook

no good for me.
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    02-21-12 04:07 PM
    Thats what you can do with Google Calendars but you shouldnt have to do all of that. I thought this would be one of the BASIC upgrades with 2.0.

Take the contacts on your BB and sync with contacts in LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and its done. Same thing with the calendar items on the BB....sync to calendar in 2.0

Didnt happen. NOW, I have to sync with Google...extra step I shouldnt have to take...then sync my Google with the PB & BB. Pain the .

Twitter still is in a browser, so I end up using my BB for that. Facebook had an update but I cant tell the difference at all for that.

Adobe needs to have the ability to open more than one PDF or else from a business point of view, its useless. If Im in a meeting, with my agenda and reports on seperate pdf's...I have to open one, then close it before I open another.

I feel kind of jilted...I waited up most of the night, following the "road to OS 2.0" and feel very underwhelmed. What I thought was going to be fixed isnt...Im not a PB hater or I havent jumped ship like others talk about, but still. I was looking forward to a greatly improved product and got a SLIGHTLY improved product. Didnt live up to the RIIM hype and not even close to the Crackberry hype.
    whitbags likes this.
    02-21-12 04:13 PM

Interesting. I don't use MSN, but I may give it a try. One question: If you add an appointment to the calendar on your phone or PB, will it automatically sync with the master MSN calendar? Thanks!
    02-21-12 04:40 PM
    Is anyone having trouble syncing their Gmail Calendar? I have my gmail working fine but I do not see an option to sync my Gmail Calendar.
    02-21-12 04:57 PM
    I had to uncheck calendar sync in blackberry protect so I can sync my appointmets
    02-21-12 05:21 PM
    i can get my PB and CPU gmail calander to work good but the entrys from my BB is not showing up . ive downloaded the gmail sync program from google and still no go ...
    02-21-12 05:29 PM
    I just checked my calendar on my PB. After I downloaded BB Bridge 2.0 my appointments showed up on my PB. Hope this helps.
    02-21-12 05:31 PM
    Yes, it works fine on the bridge, just not the native app.
    02-21-12 05:36 PM
    I just checked my calendar on my PB. After I downloaded BB Bridge 2.0 my appointments showed up on my PB. Hope this helps.
    I downloaded the bridge 2.0 app the day before I updated the PlayBook to 2.0, still no calendar stuff. Evernthing shows up fine in the Bridge Calendar, as it always has. The issue is getting it to show in the native Calendar AND be sync'ed as it should. And more importantly, working with a way to sync it to Outlook for those of us who MUST use that for our jobs, not a workaround that the IT department where we work shuts off such as Yahoo or Gmail.
    02-21-12 05:36 PM
    I downloaded the bridge 2.0 app the day before I updated the PlayBook to 2.0, still no calendar stuff. Evernthing shows up fine in the Bridge Calendar, as it always has. The issue is getting it to show in the native Calendar AND be sync'ed as it should. And more importantly, working with a way to sync it to Outlook for those of us who MUST use that for our jobs, not a workaround that the IT department where we work shuts off such as Yahoo or Gmail.
    How do you sync your phone today? BES? Desktop Manager?
    02-21-12 05:41 PM
    For me if I make a apt on the native app its hows on the cpu calendar .but when I make it on the BB it will not sync up to anything.. Any idea
    02-21-12 09:06 PM
    Interesting. I don't use MSN, but I may give it a try. One question: If you add an appointment to the calendar on your phone or PB, will it automatically sync with the master MSN calendar? Thanks!
    Yes, if I add a meeting to my BB calendar it adds to my web calendar and in Windows Live (I use it instead of Outlook). You can also download a "connector" to sync with outlook or lotus notes. You can pretty much set up any email, not just MSN.
    sdmcdowell05 likes this.
    02-21-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD