Ok so I was checkin out the new YouTube app and the new features in OS 2.0 and I'm likin it so far. You can finally login and clear your history but find out there is no button to go to your subscription videos and what not. Basically what you would expect to see after you login to your account. I know you can search for the user videos manually but that's just a hassle. Is anybody else disappoint not to finding these key features or am I the only one?
    02-21-12 12:57 PM
    Yea the YouTube app is weak, i just use the Browser's youtube.com
    02-21-12 01:02 PM
    Yes, where are my favs vids?! What's the point of sign in to my account if I can't access anything?!
    02-21-12 01:05 PM
    Yea the YouTube app is weak, i just use the Browser's youtube.com
    I do to but I was expecting these kinda features to finally be there which should've been there along time ago. I also prefer the app over the browser since its more quicker but I guess I'll still be using both till those features come next year
    Last edited by luqman24; 02-21-12 at 01:09 PM.
    02-21-12 01:06 PM
    Yes, where are my favs vids?! What's the point of sign in to my account if I can't access anything?!
    Exactly what I said!!
    02-21-12 03:49 PM
    What's wrong with using the web browser?
    02-21-12 03:51 PM
    1 open browser
    2 type youtube.com and hit enter
    3 sign in
    4 add to favourites
    5 profit!!!
    02-21-12 03:53 PM
    1 open browser
    2 type youtube.com and hit enter
    3 sign in
    4 add to favourites
    5 profit!!!
    If the app had worked as it's suppose to, then you won't need to do steps 2-4.
    02-21-12 04:28 PM
    If the app had worked as it's suppose to, then you won't need to do steps 2-4.
    Why in my right mind would I use an app, when I can get the full experience. (that goes for anything)
    02-21-12 04:30 PM
    The Youtube app fails miserably.
    02-21-12 04:36 PM
    It's the you need an app for that mentality.
    02-21-12 04:41 PM
    Why in my right mind would I use an app, when I can get the full experience. (that goes for anything)
    Exactly.....
    02-21-12 04:52 PM
    What's wrong with using the web browser?
    Controls on the web browser is very inconvenient.

If it was an intention that web browser to be used instead of the youtube app, why bother putting youtube app on PB in the first place?

Please stop "why not use the browser" argument. While the browser is quite functional, nothing beats dedicated apps with UI designed for touch screen interface. Browser is there for a back up, in the case of tablet PCs.

I wasn't expecting miracles but was hoping they improve these built in apps, but I must say it was a little disappointing to see it didn't change at all. I wonder if RIM even recognizes those missing features.
    luqman24 and app_Developer like this.
    02-21-12 04:57 PM
    Controls on the web browser is very inconvenient.

If it was an intention that web browser to be used instead of the youtube app, why bother putting youtube app on PB in the first place?

Please stop "why not use the browser" argument. While the browser is quite functional, nothing beats dedicated apps with UI designed for touch screen interface. Browser is there for a back up, in the case of tablet PCs.

I wasn't expecting miracles but was hoping they improve these built in apps, but I must say it was a little disappointing to see it didn't change at all. I wonder if RIM even recognizes those missing features.
    As consumers I think we should be pushing for more "pc like" behavior from our mobile devices. For some things you will always need apps just like a PC needs applications but for things like you tube, using the browser is my preferred method. I don't want nor need every website putting out their own app.
    I will not stop the just use the browser argument. It works and works well.
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-21-12 05:07 PM
    As consumers I think we should be pushing for more "pc like" behavior from our mobile devices. For some things you will always need apps just like a PC needs applications but for things like you tube, using the browser is my preferred method. I don't want nor need every website putting out their own app.
    People will not complain if browser does everything well. The fact is these pages on the browser (except those that are designed specifically for mobile devices) are designed for PCs (ones with mouse), and not necessarily optimized for tablet experience. Especially for PB with smallish screen, fighting for tiny hyper links or buttons can become annoying very quickly.

That said, I am forced to use browser for youtube, and every time I do that I'm reminded of what's lacking there. It works, but definitely prefer dedicates app over browser.

My first iPhone (3G) had youtube app with these features out of box, I wasn't even thinking that was a feature until I saw them missing on my PB Youtube app. These things add up to "polished experience" you get from a device.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    02-21-12 05:25 PM
    Well not everyone has the same desire for things. I find the app is easier to navigate than the web version. Every platform has a designated YouTube app which I think wouldn't have been developed of no one was gonna use it. Just wish RIM is aware of these missing key features and updates it asap.
    Last edited by luqman24; 02-21-12 at 05:43 PM.
    02-21-12 05:41 PM
    Well not everyone has the same desire for things. I find the app is easier to navigate than the web version. Every platform has a designated YouTube app which I think wouldn't have been developed of no one was gonna use it. Just wish RIM is aware of these missing key features and updates it asap.
    Anyone with half a brain would prefer an app over the browser for various reasons. First, there less ads. It is easier to control the playback, select resolution, jump to parts of the video etc. If they had the obviously missing functions, such as support for subscriptions, I wouldn't complain; but, they don't. It is pathetic. I don't know how they prioritzied adding upload support before subsciption support. The number of people who use youtube for consuming media vs. the number that use it for uploading their own media has to be way lopsided to the former. That was a really stupid move on their part. It is good that they added the upload feature, but I, an I believe many others, will never use it.

That being said, I will be using the browser until they get this sorted out.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-21-12 05:51 PM
    :::

Does this Special Touch TV interface Work for you...?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

:::
    02-21-12 05:51 PM
    The browser makes scrolling difficult. I want to see my subscriptions.
    02-22-12 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD