Now, I know 2.0 just came out and I am loving almost everything about it, but there are some minor fuctions missing that shouldn't be too hard to implement.

1) First and foremost, I want to be able to import my BlackBerry's contacts to my PlayBook directly. I don't have my contacts in gmail or yahoo because every once in a while those services fail me and send out an automatic spam email to all my contacts. I can't risk that, so I need to leave those contact lists empty. I only trust my BlackBerry with my data.

2) This is probably the easiest thing for them to implement, so let's get it together! I want to be able to organize my bookmarks. It really isn't hard to program this into the browser. Seriously, it should take a team of programmers about an hour to implement this.

3) Twitter app. I'm sorry, but the current twitter implementation is half assed. I want a twitter app that is similar to Twitter for BlackBerry on my phone.

4) Most consistancy with the keyboard. Some apps have the new keyboard with predictive typing and the numbers on the top line for passwords while others don't (video store). The keyboard should be the same throughout the OS.

5) All multi selection of emails in the Messages app. We can select multiple emails/messages on our BlackBerry Smartphones, but we can't on the PlayBook. It is important for some people who get 1,000 emails a day/week to be able to eliminate a bunch at once. This is very important for some people.

There are most minor details I'm sure, but these are the most important to me and seem like they should be implemented easily.

And looking ahead even farther to OS 3.0, I would like to see more of a "Super App" feel across the OS. I should be able to post something to twitter or facebook or send a link picture or link through email from anywhere in the OS, like I can on my BlackBerry phone.

All-in-all, this upgrade is great, but RIM can't settle down now, they need to keep pushing the envelope. They are making great strides and the new Bridge features are VERY innovative, but they need to keep going!

Keep up the good work RIM!
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 02-21-12 at 01:10 PM.
    yauchunh likes this.
    02-21-12 12:27 PM
    Love the suggestions, would you be happy to put them into Beta Zone?

The feature request system is pretty huge but the more we show what we'd like the greater the chance is that it will get included.
    02-21-12 12:34 PM
    Love the suggestions, would you be happy to put them into Beta Zone?

The feature request system is pretty huge but the more we show what we'd like the greater the chance is that it will get included.
    I'd love to. Care to explain how I go about that? I have a beta zone account, but barely use it.
    02-21-12 12:39 PM
    They also need to implement different keyboard settings for HID. Bluetooth keyboards are useless to type in another language than english.
    02-21-12 12:43 PM
    I'd love to have a fully functional bluetooth in my Playbook.
    02-21-12 12:44 PM
    Browser keyboard could use localized language fixes, such as tags for .de, .co.uk, .fr and so on based on the primary language settings.
    02-21-12 12:45 PM
    Now, I know 2.0 just came out and I am loving almost everything about it, but there are some minor fuctions missing that shouldn't be too hard to implement.

1) First and foremost, I want to be able to import my BlackBerry's contacts to my PlayBook directly. I don't have my contacts in gmail or yahoo because every once in a while those services fail me and send out an automatic spam email to all my contacts. I can't risk that, so I need to leave those contact lists empty. I only trust my BlackBerry with my data.

2) This is probably the easiest thing for them to implement, so let's get it together! I want to be able to organize my bookmarks. It really isn't hard to program this into the browser. Seriously, it should take a team of programmers about an hour to implement this.

3) Twitter app. I'm sorry, but the current twitter implementation is half assed. I want a twitter app that is similar to Twitter for BlackBerry on my phone.

4) Most consistancy with the keyboard. Some apps have the new keyboard with predictive typing and the numbers on the top line for passwords while others don't (video store). The keyboard should be the same throughout the OS.

5) All multi selection of emails in the Messages app. We can select multiple emails/messages on our BlackBerry Smartphones, but we can't on the PlayBook. It is important for some people who get 1,000 emails a day/week to be able to eliminate a bunch at once. This is very important for some people.

There are most minor details I'm sure, but these are the most important to me and seem like they should be implemented easily.

And looking ahead even farther to OS 3.0, I would like to see more of a "Super App" feel across the OS. I should be able to post something to twitter or facebook or send a link picture or link through email from anywhere in the OS, like I can on my BlackBerry phone.

All-in-all, this upgrade is great, but RIM can't settle down now, they need to keep pushing the envelope. They are making great strides and the new Bridge features are VERY innovative, but they need to keep going!

Keep up the good work RIM!
    YES !!! Please give us the ability to organize the browser bookmarks !!! I really thought that this function would show up in OS2.0....thanks for getting these suggestions raised to the proper folks.....
    02-21-12 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD