Has anyone tried Print to Go? I thought it's an awesome idea and one that no one is talking about.

It also looks like this is one of those special The Astonishing Tribe apps because it's one of the nicest looking and feeling apps I've tried in a while. Performance is fast, clearly not a crappy AIR app.

Unfortunately they don't have a Mac version for the PC side of things right now... Hopefully it's coming soon!
    02-21-12 12:06 PM
    Yes! I think the name of it doesn't really give merit to what it does. It should be called "print to blackberry" or something.
    02-21-12 12:17 PM
    I can't get it to work....
    02-21-12 12:18 PM
    my installer on windows crashes
    02-21-12 12:32 PM
    Sigh. I installed and printed to get but the window where you are supposed to enter your bbid never came up.

Well, in theory its great. I use "send to kindle" all the time which is a similar concept.
    02-21-12 12:40 PM
    I tried it - followed the instructions to sign-in/pair the device, yet the P2G dialog on my PC is stuck on "locating device..." and seems to be making no progress.

Note: My PB is literally 2 inches away from my PC. I can only guess the P2G client is trying to go out through the BB NOC infrastructure to find my PB...which is right next to it. Talk about a wasted round-trip fraught with complications.

Maybe it needs something opened up on the firewall?

I was really looking forward to this feature as a means to work around the atrocious Adobe Reader App. Very disappointed.

RCK
    02-21-12 12:42 PM
    I tried it - followed the instructions to sign-in/pair the device, yet the P2G dialog on my PC is stuck on "locating device..." and seems to be making no progress.

Note: My PB is literally 2 inches away from my PC. I can only guess the P2G client is trying to go out through the BB NOC infrastructure to find my PB...which is right next to it. Talk about a wasted round-trip fraught with complications.

Maybe it needs something opened up on the firewall?

I was really looking forward to this feature as a means to work around the atrocious Adobe Reader App. Very disappointed.

RCK

Reboot your playbook after the installation on the PC.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:44 PM
    I downloaded the driver and didnt have any problems. I already 'printed' many of my note for class to my PB using the print to go option. It's a really cool little feature. It sucks that some people are having trouble with it
    02-21-12 12:45 PM
    Installed fine on PC (Windows 7 64 bit) and already sent a 500 page .pdf file to my PB in one minute flat!! awesome
    02-21-12 12:53 PM
    does pb need to be on same wifi as the pc?
    02-21-12 12:59 PM
    no MAC version = fail
    02-21-12 01:03 PM
    works great for me also windows7
    02-21-12 01:06 PM
    i thought it was a great concept but unless the documents you are dealing with are HUGE, i actually dont see a benefit to this over email.

now, universal printing FROM the playbook would be awesome
    Harborcoat likes this.
    02-21-12 01:10 PM
    Definitely need to get it on the Mac.
    DannyJK and Lhendr like this.
    02-21-12 01:13 PM
    wow, super late double post...sorry
    neilguy likes this.
    02-21-12 01:13 PM
    Does that mean I can print some web pages and view them on playbook offline?
    02-21-12 01:52 PM
    rennigeb, it should let you "print" anything from your PC that you could normally print... it's just a PDF generator as far as that part goes. So: yes.
    02-21-12 01:56 PM
    Thanks peter9477... That's good. I don't need to print out physical copies of google map anymore
    02-21-12 02:02 PM
    I'm having the same problems, signing into to BlackBerry ID services no problem, but the window where you enter the code doesn't display for me. Using Windows 7, is it maybe the default browser I'm using....using Chrome.
    02-21-12 02:05 PM
    Installer took forever, configuration took forever and it did not work. I rebooted the device and then everything worked just fine. Yes, a very understated feature of 2.0.
    02-21-12 02:19 PM
    I have been waiting over an hour for the pc version to install. This is the 3rd time I have tried. win 7
    neilguy likes this.
    02-21-12 02:22 PM
    Sadly if you PC is connected to a different network than your PB is, the PrintToGo function does not work. This is the case for me at my office, our Wireless is outside the LAN connection. :-(

Print Error
    We're Sorry

-Please ensure that your desktop computer and tablet are connected to the internet and are on the same local network.

Too bad because this is an amazing innovative feature!

*EDIT* I was easily able to work around this issue by connecting my laptop to the wireless connection at the same time as the corporate network. This allowed it to work.
    Last edited by FreeJACLive; 02-21-12 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Solution
    02-21-12 02:28 PM
    It's like it times out, I have to enter my BlackBerry ID a second time with a red warning saying it timed out. I was quite excited about Print to Go, but certainly not working for me.
    02-21-12 02:30 PM
    Installation and set-up worked flawlessly for me on two Windows 7 64-bit machines. I love this app. Just need a better PDF reader that supports annotations!
    02-21-12 02:34 PM
    So I got myself logged on but I can't see any progress bar whatsoever and nothing seems to happen. Is that supposed to be?
    02-21-12 02:52 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD