First time poster, long time reader...

I've been trying to add my work email (Exchange 2010) in OS 2 and was wondering if anyone else has seen this error:

"An unexpected problem occurred with [email protected]. Some features may not be working correctly"

The choices I get at that point are to go back to the settings, which I've confirmed with another Playbook OS 2 user here on the same Exchange server and a grey Continue button.

I've been able to add Hotmail, Facebook, and LinkedIn with no trouble.
    02-21-12 11:46 AM
    I'm having trouble figuring out my server address...
    02-21-12 11:49 AM
    Try the server name you use for OWA.
    02-21-12 11:53 AM
    get your correct server address, my PB was able to figure it out when I gave it my exchange webmail server address.
    02-21-12 11:53 AM
    get your correct server address, my PB was able to figure it out when I gave it my exchange webmail server address.
    Thanks, but if I knew my exchange webmail server address, that would answer my question.

I said I'm having trouble figuring that out.
    02-21-12 11:59 AM
    Try the server name you use for OWA.
    What is OWA?
    02-21-12 12:00 PM
    Outlook Web App,...

It allows you to access you Exchange email through your internet browser.
    02-21-12 12:03 PM
    In our environment, IT had to enable activesync for me first and our server is not the exchange server on or owa url. It is activesync.ourdomain.com
    02-21-12 12:21 PM
    Yes, in a corporate environment admins may have to allow each users' account to access remotely.

Some companies allow it by default, others don't. Depends on policy.

Anyone who's having trouble with this should refer to his/her own IT department for help.
    02-21-12 12:23 PM
    Yeah, same here. I can't hook up my work email-mail as activesync is, by default, inactive and needs to be turned on.
    02-21-12 12:24 PM
    I'm one of the two guys here that manages the server so I know ActiveSync is on and the other Playbook user has no trouble.
    02-21-12 12:29 PM
    First time poster, long time reader...

I've been trying to add my work email (Exchange 2010) in OS 2 and was wondering if anyone else has seen this error:

"An unexpected problem occurred with [email protected]. Some features may not be working correctly"

The choices I get at that point are to go back to the settings, which I've confirmed with another Playbook OS 2 user here on the same Exchange server and a grey Continue button.

I've been able to add Hotmail, Facebook, and LinkedIn with no trouble.
    Please check logs. On exchange. Server. I had. This same way problem. And was my exhnage server with event I'd 1053
    grzetim likes this.
    02-21-12 12:31 PM
    adamo5000, thanks for the direction! Found that error code in the logs and Google lead to this:

Activesync issue on Exchange 2010 | cloud.kemta.net

Had to check the "Include Inheritable Permissions from this Object's Parent" for my AD account under Security Tab -> Advanced.

Thanks again!
    yurguis likes this.
    02-21-12 01:05 PM
    After many days of headaches I could finally setup my office's exchange account with my PlayBook thanks to this thread.

I solved it just like grzetim did.

Good Job!
    06-05-12 02:48 PM
    Grzetim. Thank you! Worked a treat.
    09-11-12 03:31 PM
    Awesome...
    Just in case someone else trips over this thread, I found we had a DNS problem at our office which prevented the lookup function on the PB. I went home and the auto discovery process worked from there. Later had to fix the DNS problem.
    09-11-12 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD