Now that I have my email synced with the new App, is there a way to turn off the bridge notifications since I am receiving mail through the actual Playbook now?

It is so annoying to have the thing beep twice, once for the Messages App and then again for the bridge. This update is a little cumbersome...
    02-21-12 11:17 AM
    I have not seen anyway to stop the double notifications. The only solution is shutting off Bridge while in wifi. You just have to remember to turn it back on when you leave wifi. Also there will be no BBM on the playbook with the bridge off.
    02-21-12 11:30 AM
    This is a ridiculous oversight. I am pretty disappointed, its as though we are being punished for bridging...
    02-21-12 11:32 AM
    You can go into bridge and select which feature with, such as mail notifications of to be disabled, that way you could still have bbm
    02-21-12 11:41 AM
    Yep, go to the Bridge app on your phone. Highlight your PB and press the menu button. Then select Device Properties from the menu. From there you deselect the email accounts you have set up on your PB to stop the double notifications.
    02-21-12 11:49 AM
    Thank you! Still finding it difficult to believe we can't send our BB contacts straight over to the PB, there should be an app called BBSync...
    02-21-12 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD