installed 2.0 this morning and I noticed that the Poynt app is not connecting to GPS, anybody else have the same problem?
    02-21-12 09:26 AM
    Are you outside? Clear skies? No obstructions? Patient? Planets aligned?
    02-21-12 09:33 AM
    It seems to be working fine on mine. I just checked gas prices and other than being shocked at how much prices rose overnight it found all my local stations just fine.
    02-21-12 09:36 AM
    i noticed my facebook app was unable to use GPS as well.
    02-21-12 09:36 AM
    Yes, I'm having the same issue. But way back when I first installed Poynt, it took a long, long time for it to finally pick up the satellite. Once it found it, it picked it up fine thereafter. Hopefully the same will hold true this time. At this point, however, none of my GPS apps are working.
    02-21-12 09:38 AM
    I can connect those to GPS. But it the location is way off. Says I'm in Ohio but I'm actually in Texas...wtf?!?!?!
    02-22-12 12:31 AM
    Same problem here. Could not connect but after waiting a bit it finally did. A little off though, I'd say about one block over. Granted, it is cloudy so that may affect it but Poynt on my torch is much closer.

Now, is this a hardware issue or software related?
    03-24-12 09:13 AM
    I find that it is quite slow picking up GPS. I usually stand out next to a window, so that I'm still within WiFi range.

It is quite faster just imputing your location manually. Mind you, your location services may not be as precise.
    03-24-12 02:21 PM
    Just checked, since i haven't check up on all my apps since the 2.0 update, good to know poynt is working and everything else, happy face.
    03-24-12 02:30 PM
    If an app that uses "GPS" puts your final location more than about 50 feet off, that's a strong hint that the app is not actually using GPS. It's probably using your ISP location information, i.e. Wifi.

Poynt can also get location info via pairing to your BB phone. Another source of confusion...
    03-24-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD