in your opinon, what's the best headset?? looking for a new one.
    09-08-08 06:49 PM
    A lot of people like the Jawbone/Jawbone2 for it's noice reduction capabilities.
    09-08-08 06:49 PM
    I have a motorola h680 and my wife has a jawbone 2, and we both love them. Zero problems, great sound and battery life. One complaint might be the button arrangement of the jawbone, kinda hard to locate/press.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 07:05 PM
    I have been using a bluetooth for 4 yrs. I have had Jabra and they broke alot. I then had the Plantronics Voyager 510 and I loved it but after about a year now nobody understands me so I too just went on the Hunt for a Bluetooth and I was willing to pay top dollar for the best.
    I bought the new Jawbone 2 becuase Best Buy said that is the best and so did all the research. I returned it the same day as all the calls I made were terrible and nobody could hear me and I had to turn my volume all the way up to hear. It also is so sensitive every time you touch it disconnects your call. My friend had the exact same problem so I know it was not my phone.

I got the Motorola Motopure H12 and it is amazing. Nobody knows I'm on a bluetooth and I tested it and left myself a message and it was completely clear. You can get it on buy.com for half of Best Buy. It is very small ,lightweight and pretty comfortable.

Good luck!
    09-08-08 07:08 PM
    You so need to check out the Plantronics Discovery 925. This site has it the cheapest. The sound is great, people hear you clear on the other side, and it comes in pink as well...
    09-08-08 07:08 PM
    I got the jawbone and it is just great. Good battery life, and the noise cancelling feature works great. People don't know I am in a car making the phone call. The one down side is the flimsy ear piece. Mine broke the other day but the company is going to mail me out a new one.

09-08-08 07:52 PM
    Bought the jawbone 2... Hated it.
    Took it back to the store and bought the Blueant Z9i. Its the best headset I've ever owned, people are so surprised when I tell them I'm using a bluetooth headset.
    I suggest the Blueant Z9i

09-09-08 09:58 PM
    BluAnt V1...hands down..and I have tried a lot of headsets. I'm on the road all day with one in my ear.
    09-11-08 05:06 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing actually. Seems a lot of you have different opinions. I use my current Bluetooth a lot and it totally sucks. I have a Motorola HS850 which I know is cheap but it's what I had. I definitely need to upgrade to something else. I use it a lot in the car for conference calls, etc. I don't want to have to scream into it in order for people to hear me and I don't want people to know I'm on a headset. Does anyone think a wired headset would work better? I'm checking on the Blue ant, Voyager, and Jawbone to see if any of them will suit my needs. Let's keep this thread going for more opinions.....
    09-12-08 10:04 AM
    I have jabra bt8040 and I love it ! Small headset with great,clear sound when I use for talking and when I use for music!!! Sond is not bad at the all! My gf has jawbone2 she does not like it and ended up get BT8040

Last edited by artypuppy; 09-12-08 at 12:14 PM.
    09-12-08 10:47 AM
    Jawbone/Jawbone 2
    Plantronics Voyager 510
    Sennheiser BW900
    Joby Zivio
    09-12-08 02:33 PM

I got the Motorola Motopure H12 and it is amazing. Nobody knows I'm on a bluetooth and I tested it and left myself a message and it was completely clear. You can get it on buy.com for half of Best Buy. It is very small ,lightweight and pretty comfortable.

Good luck!
    I have the same. Nobody ever knows I'm on my headset
    09-12-08 02:45 PM
    Bought the jawbone 2... Hated it.
    Took it back to the store and bought the Blueant Z9i. Its the best headset I've ever owned, people are so surprised when I tell them I'm using a bluetooth headset.
    I suggest the Blueant Z9i

why is the jawbone bad?
    can you tell us specific details? I am thinking of getting jawbone
    09-13-08 06:32 PM
    I have the jabra bt8010 and it comes with a second earpiece which you connect to listen stereo and it has an lcd display

09-17-08 10:15 PM
    I use the Jabra BT8040 and I love it. It's small and comes with various sizes of ear pieces.
    09-17-08 11:32 PM
    I agree. Have had the Jawbone II for two months - lots of static, uncomfortable and buttons are inconvenient. Plan to replace asap.
    09-19-08 09:35 AM
    why isnt' there a bluetooth compatible with the BOLD?

I check plantronics, and others but their site don't show the bold.
    09-19-08 10:44 AM
    I'm still searching for a good headset that meets my needs. Need something small that fits well with good voice quality, has multipoint capability and is $100 or less. Noise cancellation would be a big plus, but it must have good voice quality under normal conditions. For whatever reason, this seems to be a tall order to fill.

I've considered the JB2, but am hearing about problems with fit and some static issues. Original JB is too big and fit problems seem common. Thought about the new Blueant V1, but the predefined speed-dial numbers seem like a pain. Also considered the Plantronics 925, but read about static and voice quality issues, plus I don't care for the style. Considered the Samsung WEP 200 and like the low price, but am concerned about fit without an ear loop for support.

Now I'm looking at the Blueant Z9i, Moto H12, new Voyager 835, and Jabra BT8040. Any recommendations or comments about these?
    09-20-08 11:21 AM
    Lg 770 is a very good headset that gets little recogntion but works well. headset

09-20-08 12:40 PM
    Many people (including me) consider the Plantronics 510 the absolute best for sound quality, though it is a bit big and lacks decent noise canceling
    09-21-08 10:17 PM
    Motorola S9
    09-22-08 03:51 AM
    I have both the Jawbone II and the Z9i. The JB II is very light and works great with both my WM device and my Curve. However I recently switched to the Z9i due to it's multi-point capabilities and the integrated shirt clip is pretty useful. Performance wise I'd say the Jawbone has a slight edge but you can't go wrong with either. The Z9i is a bit cheaper now too.

I will say that you can make the JB fit tighter, the Z9i is a bit loose for me but this also makes it a bit more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. This is mostly due to my ear shape, YMMV. Again, either is a great choice.
    Last edited by Milenkod; 09-26-08 at 12:03 PM.
    09-26-08 11:59 AM
    Decided to order the Z9i based on reviews and price is a lot less than the JB2.
    09-27-08 08:02 PM
    Based on reviews and my owning one for 3 months. The Blue Parrott B250 is rock solid, loud and noise cancelling like no one else.

10-09-08 04:17 AM
    The answers you get are going to be a varied as the people who respond. One headset might fight me just right and suck for the next person. I had an older Moto unit (can't remember the model) that worked fairly well but finally died. Bought a JB2 and took it back the next day as I simply couldn't get it to stay on and I hated the buttons. Ended up with the Blue Parrot B250. Big, ugly, but this mother works. I can talk the entire length of a 350 mile trip and still have battery left. Volume and noise cancellation are second to none.
    10-09-08 05:26 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD