This may be in the wrong place but has anyone had luck getting an enterprise account working with native email/calendar?
    02-21-12 09:10 AM
    I have setup my enterprise account on the native email.

You have to go to accounts in the PlayBook Settings,
    click add new account,
    select email, calendar and contacts,
    click advanced setup,
    pick Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync,
    fill in your account info.

Once it has setup the account you will be prompted to setup a password for BlackBerry Balance.
    02-21-12 09:29 AM
    Great. Does it require it support from the company? Hoping I can handle without even having to tell them.
    02-21-12 09:33 AM
    Hi,

Yes, have just done it. You need to find out if you have OWA (Outlook Web Access) first.

Providing you do - do this....

Go into setting, then Accounts, then Add New Account, Email, Calendar and Contacts,
    Click on Advanced Setup, then click on Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Add a description i.e. Work, put in your Domain (this would normally be whatever you put in before your user name i.e. XXX\username - just put in the XXX - or whatever your Domain is not the back slash)

Put in your normal user name, email address and password.

Then put in the web address you would normally use to get onto OWA but without https
    so email.mycompany name.com then click continue.

Providing you have all the right info, all should be ok!

HTH

Elcuolo
    02-21-12 09:34 AM
    BES is not one size fits all for the PB. If your firm supports MS Active Sync, you can get BES. A number of companies don't, however, for security reasons. If not, you need to find out if they have the latest BES software and are going to add BlackBerry Mobile Fusion, which is what RIM is using going forward for enterprise on BB10. BB Mobile Fusion is scheduled to come out shortly, from what I understand. Companies that will add it right away are likely to be those that have active support for the PB.

My firm does not use Active Sync (it uses Good Technology for iPad/iPhone and Android support), so I'm left with Bridge for now. I would hope that Mobile Fusion will be added at some point, at least for BB10, but a lot of BB users have abandoned ship at my firm . . . .
    02-21-12 09:47 AM
    We are in the process of moving to Microsoft 365. Currently have groupwise. Once to MS I know there will be enterprise support of BBs just don't know about playbook. I'm doubting it.
    02-21-12 10:18 AM
    We are in the process of moving to Microsoft 365. Currently have groupwise. Once to MS I know there will be enterprise support of BBs just don't know about playbook. I'm doubting it.
    The key is whether your company will be supporting BB10 devices, not just legacy BBs. If they plan on continuing to support new BBs, they will have to get Mobile Fusion -- in which case, the PB will be supported.

So it may be months -- maybe even close to a year -- before you see PB support, depending on whether your company plans on supporting new BBs and whether they plan on doing so right away whenever the first BB10 device drops (which is tentatively scheduled for the latter part of the year).
    02-21-12 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD