I hope this is just the new OS 'settling in'; my PB is unbelievable slow since the update. Just trying to add an email account is a 10 minute process, watching the spinning circle, waiting 10 seconds for the keyboard to open, or close, or switch between letters and symbols, waiting for the on-screen text to catch up to what has been typed.

I've restarted twice and don't want to do it again as that's a 10 minute process as well.

So far the experience is excruciating.
    02-21-12 08:45 AM
    I have no issue. I security wiped and downgraded to 1.08. Upgraded to 2.0 and installed all the apps from market and sideloaded Android apps. Everything is fast.
    02-21-12 08:47 AM
    I have note experienced these issues with my 64GB PB.

I have noticed it takes longer for apps to update through App World but I expect that will happen for the next few days.

A.
    02-21-12 08:47 AM
    leave it to chill for a while, i had issues with not being able to access the internet/app store, things being slow, i left it to one side for 20 minutes, and it was fine, ive restarted since and its fine, so, i know its hard, but put it down, and walk away for a bit.
    02-21-12 08:48 AM
    Had the same issue. Deleted my Yahoo profile. The POP setting did not allow me to choose how many emails to sync and I have 20000+. It's my junk mail account so I don't need it. Also... if your adding alot of accounts... it's got some syncing to do with all of them.

Hope it gets better for you.
    02-21-12 08:48 AM
    Ok thanks guys, I'll try to be patient while it sorts itself out.
    02-21-12 08:49 AM
    Yeah - I think patience is the key - although I am struggling with that. Mine seems awfully slow loading the browser and email apps at the moment.....
    02-21-12 09:01 AM
    I'm having issues with having to sign in with my Google account repeatedly.
    02-21-12 09:05 AM
    'Saving and verifying your settings' for adding Twitter and Linkedin accounts is taking forever as well
    02-21-12 09:08 AM
    Third PlayBook upgraded. No issues whatsoever with lagginess etc.
    02-21-12 09:12 AM
    laggy?? i cant be amazed enough by how smooth 2.0 runs!
    anon(2254645) likes this.
    02-21-12 09:31 AM
    QNX is "self healing".....all should be well as the OS sorts minor issues etc
    02-21-12 09:35 AM
    Mine was real laggy as well, but I noticed it only got that way after I tried to update asphalt6 from app world. Even after I exited app world, my pb was still laggy. I did a restart and everything is fine.
    I am guessing that app world may be having issues from traffic maybe ... I will just not use app world for a few days. I did notice that my contacts & calendar did take a bit to sync, but not too long.
    02-21-12 09:36 AM
    Try doing a hard reboot. I experienced the same things as you, did a hard reboot and it was all working again. Yahoo email was adding in about 10 secs, app world working as expected etc
    02-21-12 09:40 AM
    No lag here, for a major update it is fantastically smooth and fast.
    anon(2254645) likes this.
    02-21-12 09:51 AM
    it was extremely sluggish for me. i did a debrick and all is fine.
    02-21-12 10:36 AM
    I have no issue. I security wiped and downgraded to 1.08. Upgraded to 2.0 and installed all the apps from market and sideloaded Android apps. Everything is fast.
    Ditto.

My 64GB device is snappy and super-smooth with the new OS installed.

Way to go, RIM!!
    02-21-12 10:39 AM
    It is syncing and indexing all your email, all your music collection... Once the database is finished indexing, then the playbook will regain its speed.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-21-12 11:06 AM
    My 2.0 update has been smooth and the PB seems as fast as before. I'm using a twitter and 2 email accounts only.
    02-21-12 11:08 AM
    No lagging here either.
    I had one fatal error during update and had to retry but it all went smooth after that. The PB is running fast and smooth.
    02-21-12 11:09 AM
    wow...mine is laggy as heck, wifi doesn't work, accounts don't synch, bridge is connected but can't access anything (message icon doesn't work at all) and some apps take up to a minute to launch and load (not to mention the 8 minutes the PB takes to boot up in the first place). Doing a security wipe (wouldn't connect to DM for a debrick) and a reinstall after which (if THAT doesn't work), I'll give RIM maybe a week to figure out why OS 2 works for some machines and not for others after which, (if THAT doesnt' work) both my PB and phone will become paperweights and I will grudgingly, and sadly, say goodbye to Blackberry forever and head for the Apple Store.
    02-21-12 11:13 AM
    I'd imagine RIM's servers are being slammed today. As for the lag, in my case it stopped once the Google, Facebook and other accounts finished the initial sync.
    02-21-12 11:15 AM
    It took a bit to get my email set up and synched, but after that, running like a top. Thanks RIM!!
    02-21-12 11:24 AM
    Sounds like it's all coming together. I just ordred my 32gig yesterday and it should be here Friday. Hopefully by then the traffic will slow down and make things a little easier. Waiting does suck though!!
    02-21-12 11:25 AM
    Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but some of the videos I have had for a while on my PB are now laggy and have artifacts... This update is a little annoying.
    02-21-12 11:26 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD