Hey there,

'Messages' on Playbook OS 2 is checking my email OK (ie, I have messages) but constantly prompts me to re-enter my password, saying my info has changed or is incorrect.

I know the password is definitely entered correctly, and Messages has been able to get emails before.

OS is 2.0.0.7971, freshly installed after a security wipe.
    02-21-12 06:29 AM
    I have the same issue. I added Gmail on my playbook after I added my work email (exchange). My Gmail loaded and I could see my emails. A little later it prompted me for my password again so I entered it. Kept popping up so I deleted the account. Now I can't even add my Gmail account back on.

I never rooted my playbook or installed the beta.
    02-21-12 07:10 AM
    Same thing with me. Anyone have solution? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    02-21-12 08:18 AM
    Same issue with me. FB/Twitter and other e-mail worked fine - just GMail giving errors.
    02-21-12 08:31 AM
    I am having the same problem. Deleted it to try again, now I can't add accounts at all. I have 2 playbooks and both have the same issue.

*sigh* I really wanted to give Blackberry a chance, and I really wanted to like it, but this is just unacceptable. Compared to my iPad, the playbook is terrible software wise. My browser used to crash but I thought 'let me wait for the new OS' and it still crashes randomly. Now the email/contacts/calendar doesn't work because it keeps forgetting the password.

I have been watching the forums on how patient people were/are in general with the playbook. Never again will I buy a blackberry. I know I will get replies like "Sorry to see you leave, don't let the door hit you on the way out"... that will just be delusional people talking. I don't like apple, but their product works. This was just a mess from day 1 (paid full price when it came out...). Anyway, just wanted to let off some steam.
    02-21-12 08:32 AM
    I went to my desktop Gmail and reset the password. It worked fine after that.
    02-21-12 08:33 AM
    Thanks - I've reset my gmail password too. I'll wait an hour and see if it starts complaining it again, then post the results here...
    02-21-12 08:47 AM
    I'm having the same issue.... all of the other ones are fine...

This is more than annoying...
    02-21-12 09:00 AM
    Hrm, still seems to forget every so often after changing my gmail password and updating the password on the PlayBook.
    02-21-12 09:06 AM
    same here - worked great for about an hour, but now it prompts me every 5 minutes for my Gmail PW - this and Print To Go not working - more ammo for the BB haters

UPDATE - I deleted and re-installed GMAIL from Accounts - it's been working fine since then, but that's only been an hour or so - I'll see if it lasts the rest of the day
    Last edited by rhartmz6; 02-21-12 at 11:04 AM.
    02-21-12 09:56 AM
    Hi,

I had the same problem on the new PlayBook version, but I think I fixed it. I remembered that I had the same problem some time ago when setting up my gmail account on my blackberry smartphone, and it was actually Googles fault. Google sometimes requires a captcha to be answered which of course fails when the blackberry server tries to fetch mails. You can solve the captcha once manually though to fix it. Just go to this page: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptchaV2 and solve the captcha if prompted, then reload your messages within 10 minutes after that. That fixed it for me.
    Zwickliffe, celek78 and Skier1960 like this.
    02-21-12 03:03 PM
    Same here.
    Worked fine at work (using Cisco leap) between 7am and 3 pm - at home, keeps dropping (rogers, linksys, WPA)
    Only Gmail, with app specific password

let us know if you want to try something to debug

PS: using https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptchaV2 seemed to have helped... more to come
    PS2: Same issue occurred after 10 min. definitely using the DisplayUnlockCaptchaV2 helps... for a while... now setting up my account to fetch email only every 15 min and not as a push
    PS3: Nope, trying DisplayUnlockCaptchaV2 and this time closing the Mail App

Update on Deb 23rd
    I kept the native GMAIL but only Synch calendar and contacts
    I created a separate IMAP connecting to imap.google.com and smtp.google.com and synch email only
    So far so good - even the push :P
    Last edited by celek78; 02-23-12 at 04:44 PM.
    02-21-12 03:03 PM
    I solved mine. Deleted Gmail account. Went to Accounts. Add New Account. Email, calendar and contacts. Advanced settings. Gmail. Entered all info and all has been working for a couple of hours now..
    02-21-12 03:28 PM
    Been working fine all day. Gmail,hotmail,twitter,fb,exchange etc. No issues at all.

Lovely version
    02-21-12 06:03 PM
    Hi,

I had the same problem on the new PlayBook version, but I think I fixed it. I remembered that I had the same problem some time ago when setting up my gmail account on my blackberry smartphone, and it was actually Googles fault. Google sometimes requires a captcha to be answered which of course fails when the blackberry server tries to fetch mails. You can solve the captcha once manually though to fix it. Just go to this page: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptchaV2 and solve the captcha if prompted, then reload your messages within 10 minutes after that. That fixed it for me.
    Mine worked for a while then had to delete and do all over again. Then I read your post and DUH the LITTLE Light in my head went on!!!

Thanks its been good for a while now...
    Last edited by skier1960; 02-21-12 at 06:52 PM.
    02-21-12 06:46 PM
    Been having this problem too. Have you guys resolved it permanently? Have you tried going into your gmail settings and enabling 2-step verification and then creating a unique password?
    02-21-12 07:25 PM
    Hey there,

'Messages' on Playbook OS 2 is checking my email OK (ie, I have messages) but constantly prompts me to re-enter my password, saying my info has changed or is incorrect.

I know the password is definitely entered correctly, and Messages has been able to get emails before.

OS is 2.0.0.7971, freshly installed after a security wipe.
    I had this problem, but I solved it by going to the advanced settings and setting gmail via imap instead of the default email setting, but first you have to enable imap for your gmail. My account has been stable for 12 hours now.
    02-21-12 07:35 PM
    Hrm, still seems to forget every so often after changing my gmail password and updating the password on the PlayBook.
    try imap in the advanced setting
    02-21-12 07:39 PM
    Still having the issue after setting imap. Odd, it worked without an issue all day but now that I'm at home and not at work it's not liking the usual password.
    02-21-12 08:08 PM
    Enabling two-step verification and then using device specific passwords via google's advanced settings didn't work. I did however attempt an amalgam of everything suggested here and it has been stable overnight.

IMAP was already set when Messages was still forgetting my password. I eventually deleted the account, changed my password, then re-added the account, and for good measure visited that site to circumvent captchas (on my playbook). We'll see how it holds up in the near future.
    02-22-12 01:12 PM
    ok, mine has worked for the past couple of days without requiring the password again. I used 'Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync' instead and put 'm.google.com' for the domain and server address fields. So far so good.
    02-23-12 11:02 AM
    Resolved for me (the OP) to now.

I used @skier1960's fix: "Deleted Gmail account. Went to Accounts. Add New Account. "

All good for two days now.
    02-23-12 12:10 PM
    Hi,

Worked perfectly! Thank you
    02-23-12 12:34 PM
    I got a different problem, no problem with Message but browser don't remember my Google password and once I get plugged some weird sound comme from speaker, very very strange.
    02-23-12 07:27 PM
    Had the very same issue on the first day. It happen 10-12 hours after OS2 was running and email accounts setup. My solution was:
    - Delete Gmail account in PlayBook settings
    - In Google settings changing the password.
    - Setting up the Gmail account anew in PlayBook settings

My Gmail account is setup as Exchange/ActiveSync account.

Since then haven't had any issues.
    02-23-12 07:53 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD