I've checked out the current Adobe Reader and tried searching the App World but there still doesn't appear to any new options for decent PDF support. Anyone find anything yet?
    02-21-12 05:56 AM
    I've checked out the current Adobe Reader and tried searching the App World but there still doesn't appear to any new options for decent PDF support. Anyone find anything yet?
    this was for me also the first thing i've checked... but i can't find any interesting pdf apps, espacially regarding editing of pdfs
    02-21-12 06:29 AM
    I dont even needing a editing app, just something with memory and search function that scrolls smoothly. Why has this been so hard to get for a company built on productivity?
    02-21-12 07:32 AM
    I can't even open my bank statements in pdf :/ there not corrupt and work fine on my computer.. Ugh
    02-21-12 08:39 AM
    I could not agree more. Adobe PDF reader for play book is next to useless. Docs to go is good and one would think a decent PDF reader would at least have the ability to search and bookmark a PDF document.

The lack of this functionality is a deal breaker for me.

I only got the play book due the size. I need a true mobile device and this was the main reason The PB trumped the iPad. That and the reputation of blackberry business products.

Will need an update soon or I will be an ex customer.
    02-21-12 09:13 AM
    we need iAnnotate to make a playbook app, heh
    02-21-12 09:15 AM
    I've been waiting for a decent PDF reader since I got my PB.. on day TWO!! I swear this must represent a good third of my posts here and is the thing I was most anticipating with the release of OS 2.0: a decent (Android?) PDF reader that will remember what page I was on, lets me search a doc, supports bookmarks and maybe even annotations if we're lucky.

ANDROID DEVELOPER COMMUNITY: there is a definite market for this! seriously!!
    02-21-12 09:18 AM
    Jotsy is a pdf editing app. It's been out on beta (which had quite a few issues) and is supposed to be released with the new OS 2.0. Don't see it yet but I'm really excited about it. I think it will provide us with what we are looking for in a pdf app.
    02-21-12 10:02 AM
    my understanding of Jotsy (correct me if I'm wrong) is that you had to do something on PC first? or create a profile or something? it seemed a bit convoluted to me when I read about it (and then I forgot about it).

I want something like GOODREADER on iOS. now THAT was boss
    02-21-12 10:46 AM
    my understanding of Jotsy (correct me if I'm wrong) is that you had to do something on PC first? or create a profile or something? it seemed a bit convoluted to me when I read about it (and then I forgot about it).

Yes, that's one of the issues I was referring to. That's all supposed to be fixed in their new version.
    02-21-12 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD