OK I think I see my problem.....After some troubleshooting, Me thinks I owe TELUS an apology.

IF I disable wifi, my browser will automatically work through bridge. HOWEVER, if I keep it enabled but make sure that there are no wifi networks available for it to connect to, the browser will keep trying to connect via wifi instead of switching over to bridge.

Seems that this is a bug, which will hopefully be fixed in a few hours......time to take down my TELUS cartoons???

Did TELUS disable Bridge Browsing on the New Update? I now have my bridge working but there is no browser!

This PISSES ME OFF....Not just because it shows that they are cheap )*@#$)$

BUT also because on the 15th a Telus Rep told me about a data plan that they had for only $5 that would give me more bandwidth. I was tempted to wait & see, but I was close to my limit anyway, & they had a good point, with improved bridge, functionality, there is a good chance I would need more data.

IF they have disabled it, THAT IS FRAUD!!! They talk me into paying more for an increase in data, claiming that I will probably need it with OS2.0 & I should "act now while the sale is on" Meanwhile they know that they are going to disable it!

I can't go back to my old plan either, as it's no longer offered

WELL JOKE IS ON THEM!!!...IF that's what they did, I will simply use RROYY's vs!!

TELUS you ruined a GREAT NIGHT for me!

Last edited by bbpandy; 02-20-12 at 11:41 PM.
    02-20-12 09:00 PM
    Do not Over react. Bridge Browser is gone for all OSBB members. (Thats all US and some Canada. )
    jordandrews90 and Yaceka like this.
    02-20-12 09:07 PM
    This doesn't shock me at all. The "BIG THREE" have been pushing hard to cap home internet and charge it like cell phone data plans. People are not going over their data limit like they thought we would. Everyone does their downloading while on wifi.

Everyone in this country needs to fight tooth and nail to make sure they don't set a cap on home internet.
    02-20-12 09:09 PM
    no problems for me.... bridge browser works great for me
    and so does the remote
    02-20-12 09:10 PM
    You just need to open your browser on your phone, visit a website and from the BB logo menu select "View on [tablet]".

EDIT: As you can see, my phone is bridged, the browser is working and Wi-Fi is off. This is actually a good thing, as the bookmarks aren't split between two browsers now.
    Last edited by Harborcoat; 02-20-12 at 09:24 PM.
    02-20-12 09:11 PM
    yep I can confirm that there is no bridge browser!! Just use ur regular browser!!! ) get that data boy I got the At&T 50$ plan so 15 cheap!
    !
    02-20-12 09:11 PM
    What do you mean bridge browsing is gone? This is one of the best features. I'm on Rogers, it was working yesterday.
    02-20-12 09:12 PM
    Why are we throwing a hissy fit?

I downloaded the update from RROYY.com, and although "bridge browsing" is gone, I still have internet access to all of my apps including the regular browser.
    02-20-12 09:13 PM
    no problems for me.... bridge browser works great for me
    and so does the remote
    Next time you reboot your PB you'll probably find the bridge browser icon gone.

Not to worry because the regular browser has been working over the bridge for some time now.
    02-20-12 09:13 PM
    Get the ota at rroyy.com. Delete your current bridge software. Screw them!
    02-20-12 09:14 PM
    My bridge browser works. I'm on Rogers
    02-20-12 09:14 PM
    Wait for OS 2.0 update tomorrow, Bridge browsing might not work with 1.0.8 but maybe it will with 2.0... it's a bridge update to support 2.0 after all.
    02-20-12 09:16 PM
    The separate bridge browser was unnecessary. Ever since a few updates ago, the regular browser would default to a Bridge data connection when wifi was not available. There was no need for a separate icon.
    02-20-12 09:17 PM
    I wonder if it is because the regular browsers work using the bridge if WiFi is not available?

whoops, I guess I am one post too late
    Last edited by m_rkus; 02-20-12 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Posted late
    02-20-12 09:19 PM
    Do not Over react. Bridge Browser is gone for all OSBB members. (Thats all US and some Canada. )
    Never heard of "OSBB Members" who are they?

& yes I WILL have a hissy fit because THEY TALKED ME INTO UPGRADING MY DATA BECAUSE THEY CLAIMED I WOULD USE A LOT MORE, WEB-SURFING ON MY PLAYBOOK TRHOUGH BRIDGE!!!!

My phone bill has now increased by $60 a year...that means I now pay $360 a year JUST for data!...which I will hardly use if I can't use bridge browser!
    Falconlynx likes this.
    02-20-12 09:20 PM
    Next time you reboot your PB you'll probably find the bridge browser icon gone.

Not to worry because the regular browser has been working over the bridge for some time now.
    rebooted and still works

edit: im on a bes...maybe thats why i still have it?
    Last edited by Codeisoz; 02-20-12 at 09:24 PM.
    02-20-12 09:21 PM
    The separate bridge browser was unnecessary. Ever since a few updates ago, the regular browser would default to a Bridge data connection when wifi was not available. There was no need for a separate icon.
    Agreed.

My Bridge Browser is gone with the new Bridge 2.0, but it makes no difference since the regular browser works fine.
    02-20-12 09:23 PM
    I don't know where you got that idea from. I just tried it. No Wifi = no surfing
    02-20-12 09:26 PM
    Mine got a bit rearranged, but it's all there and working.
    02-20-12 09:27 PM
    replying from a TELUS bridged connection on my PB with the new bridge on my 9900...calm down - it works fine.
    02-20-12 09:27 PM
    Never heard of "OSBB Members" who are they?

& yes I WILL have a hissy fit because THEY TALKED ME INTO UPGRADING MY DATA BECAUSE THEY CLAIMED I WOULD USE A LOT MORE, WEB-SURFING ON MY PLAYBOOK TRHOUGH BRIDGE!!!!

My phone bill has now increased by $60 a year...that means I now pay $360 a year JUST for data!...which I will hardly use if I can't use bridge browser!
    I don't think you get it. You can still use the normal browser through the bridge. Just old useless icon was removed.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    02-20-12 09:28 PM
    isnt the bridge browser and normal browser integrated into one now?

i tried it with my wifi set to off and it worked like a charm
    02-20-12 09:33 PM
    I turned Wifi off in my Pb and wifi off in my BB 9800 and the regular browser on the PB works, slow though on the Rogers network
    02-20-12 09:43 PM
    isnt the bridge browser and normal browser integrated into one now?

i tried it with my wifi set to off and it worked like a charm
    I tried it too. Turned off my browser & tried to surf. Nothing loaded. Turned my router back on & my PB browser worked again.....Hopefuly this is just an issue that will be fixed in 10 hours with PB OS2.0........
    02-20-12 09:46 PM
    Tethering is free on Telus... So what is the problem????
    02-20-12 10:04 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD