i just download modern combat on my playbook... i was so exited because i just baught a LCD tv and HDMI a few weeks ago so i can rock it on the big screen, which ive been doing for the last two weeks... ok, now my question... why modern combat does not play sound through HDMI??? is my playbook wrong or is the tv?? thanks in advance!!
    02-20-12 06:34 PM
    Do you have HDMI audio turned on?
    02-20-12 06:36 PM
    Could be a setting on the tv as well. Check the sound settings. It's possible to change the audio in for each input on my tv.
    02-20-12 06:43 PM
    Do you have HDMI audio turned on?
    yes i do!! i ask because ive been playing for the last two weeks all my games and all of them do play sound!! i just did try all the games i got download and all of them do play sound.. but modern combat does not! moder combat does play sounds on your LCD tv???
    02-20-12 06:43 PM
    I now there is an issue with not playing audio through HDMI on your TV. It could be only Gameloft related issue, i was not sure. But known issue, no audio on your tv using HDMI connected playbook with certain games.

Skateman
    02-20-12 06:46 PM
    Could be a setting on the tv as well. Check the sound settings. It's possible to change the audio in for each input on my tv.
    the issue is only with moder combat.. i got sounds enable and everything sound.. browser,games,music.. they only thing does not is modern combat. does moder combat play sound in your tv?? that app does allow sounds through HDMI??
    02-20-12 06:48 PM
    I would contact the developer and see if they can help.
    02-20-12 06:49 PM
    I now there is an issue with not playing audio through HDMI on your TV. It could be only Gameloft related issue, i was not sure. But known issue, no audio on your tv using HDMI connected playbook with certain games.

Skateman
    ok... but does modern combat play sounds on your tv?? i just wanna know which one is the situation.. or somenthing is wrong while downloading or that specific game does not play sound through HDMI so i can just leave it alone!
    02-20-12 06:54 PM
    Angry birds does it too.
    02-20-12 06:57 PM
    No it does NOT.
    02-20-12 07:00 PM
    No it does NOT.
    ok.. thanks
    02-20-12 07:02 PM
    the issue is only with moder combat.. i got sounds enable and everything sound.. browser,games,music.. they only thing does not is modern combat. does moder combat play sound in your tv?? that app does allow sounds through HDMI??

I understand now.
    I don't have that game. Try a restart. Maybe someone with the game can confirm if it has hdmi sound or not.
    02-20-12 07:05 PM
    just plugged mine in, same issue, i got sound on all other apps though.
    Gameloft needs to know about this.. as i have just found out that Modern Combat is AMAZING on a 32" TV
    02-20-12 07:10 PM
    hdmi sound does not work on my angry birds, and I know my tv's. But it doesnt matter anyway, its a known issue among many.
    02-20-12 07:11 PM
    just plugged mine in, same issue, i got sound on all other apps though.
    Gameloft needs to know about this.. as i have just found out that Modern Combat is AMAZING on a 32" TV

Double post 2minutes apart? well thats odd...
    02-20-12 07:12 PM
    The same thing occurs on my version of the snes emulator.
    02-20-12 07:51 PM
    I think someone mentioned Gameloft does not really support the apps on the pb. That rim might have taken over support to get these games on the pb?????
    02-20-12 08:37 PM
    any luck with this?
    02-26-12 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD