I bought a 9780 from a buddy of mine the other day and he wiped his device before he gave it to me. I then wiped it when I got it yet still when I finished installing a new OS and loading my backup file onto the BB I get his emails strangely.... I'm not really sure why this is occurring either since he hasn't been using the device for a few weeks now as he purchased an Android. I've just finished wiping the phone again and will see what happens after I reload the OS and my backup file but any suggestions in case this method doesn't work?

Thanks
    02-20-12 04:32 PM
    I think it's because his device is still setup at the email service for BlackBerry.

It's instantemail.tmobile.com for me or something, but basicly it's the same thing. Can't remember the site though.

It's where you setup all the email adresses you want to recieve the mail on, it can be doen through your device, or through there. The device and the account are probably still paired.

Hopefully someone else will fill me in here .
    02-20-12 05:36 PM
    I bought a 9780 from a buddy of mine the other day and he wiped his device before he gave it to me. I then wiped it when I got it yet still when I finished installing a new OS and loading my backup file onto the BB I get his emails strangely.... I'm not really sure why this is occurring either since he hasn't been using the device for a few weeks now as he purchased an Android. I've just finished wiping the phone again and will see what happens after I reload the OS and my backup file but any suggestions in case this method doesn't work?

Thanks
    I would suggest he had a BIS acount registered all his email address,s to that phone. perhaps he can go into his bis account and delete the address,s
    02-25-12 02:13 PM
    Generally, these days with RIM BB servers, the moment you insert another SIM into the phone, the server will recognize the change and adjust accordingly.

However, its evident his PIN is still stuck to his BB server. You need to get that off.

Incidentally, did he setup BES accounts in this phone you've got now ? If so, even a wipe won't clear his email account. You will need to delete the certificates 1st. Then wipe.
    02-25-12 11:37 PM
    Generally, these days with RIM BB servers, the moment you insert another SIM into the phone, the server will recognize the change and adjust accordingly.

However, its evident his PIN is still stuck to his BB server. You need to get that off.

Incidentally, did he setup BES accounts in this phone you've got now ? If so, even a wipe won't clear his email account. You will need to delete the certificates 1st. Then wipe.
    Yes he did and I'm not receiving my own emails at the moment because of it. How do I do that??
    02-29-12 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD