ive only had my playbook for a few days but ive noticed that there seems to be a few issues with the browser, the browser seems to crash often and can be slow sometimes, also on my playbook when i press to restart my playbook after the browser crashes and the browser stops working it seems to freeze as its restarting, anybody else having these issues? thanks

im running OS 1.0.8.6067
    02-20-12 12:05 PM
    OS 2.0 update supposed to be out tomorrow. maybe it will fix the issue you are having, or it will be more glitchy since it's new OS. I doubt any patch will be out for OS 1.0.8 after 2.0 is released so.. hope that 2.0 + future patches will improve more stuff.
    02-20-12 12:13 PM
    I don't have those issues but i wouldn't think about it too much. If you have the same issues after the OS2 release then start the trouble shooting.
    02-20-12 12:16 PM
    is it all sites? or just a few? if so which ones so we can try them out..
    02-20-12 12:27 PM
    Sites like Crackberry benefit greatly from turning off Javascript (browser options, content, javascript).

Also some folks have had trouble with their routers - I recall someone with a supplied router in the uk from their isp or service company got a newer one. Or check threads on tweaking router settings.
    02-20-12 12:32 PM
    Thanks for the solution F2. I was having serious issues with my browser just closing. I really got concerned when I couldn't log in to Crackberry because the browser would close as soon as Crackberry started to load. I tried your fix (javascript) and everything (so far) seems fine and actually quite a lot faster as well. What does Javascript do and will I miss it?
    02-23-12 07:07 PM
    I've heard a few people make this complaint, I must be one of the lucky ones I've never had a browser crash
    02-23-12 07:24 PM
    Thanks for the solution F2. I was having serious issues with my browser just closing. I really got concerned when I couldn't log in to Crackberry because the browser would close as soon as Crackberry started to load. I tried your fix (javascript) and everything (so far) seems fine and actually quite a lot faster as well. What does Javascript do and will I miss it?
    Certain features don't work like parts of the private messages near the top, things like that.
    02-23-12 07:48 PM
    I've noticed a considerable slow down in the 2.0 brower. When i initially open it, it takes a good 2 seconds to load my bookmarks. And it seems to have become laggy when transitioning thru pages....i think its using alot of memory. With nothing but the browser open, and only 1 tab i had just under 300 mb of free memory. So where is the other 700 going when i have absolutely nothing else running in the background?

Anyone else notice slow downs since the update?
    jrarrmy likes this.
    02-24-12 02:37 PM
    I use the PB almost solely for web browsing, and it was pretty bad in 1.x but even worse in 2.0.

It doesn't crash, it just works fine for a few minutes and then bang!... the web site I was on appears to slow to a crawl, and other sites I then visit hardly load. Remember how sites use to load where you'd see a very basic text only version... yeh, just like that

Restarting the browser cures it temporarily.

I'll try bouncing my router, for what good that might do.
    03-02-12 02:47 PM
    I use the PB almost solely for web browsing, and it was pretty bad in 1.x but even worse in 2.0.

It doesn't crash, it just works fine for a few minutes and then bang!... the web site I was on appears to slow to a crawl, and other sites I then visit hardly load. Remember how sites use to load where you'd see a very basic text only version... yeh, just like that

Restarting the browser cures it temporarily.

I'll try bouncing my router, for what good that might do.
    try clearing your cache, history, local storage and cookies.
    03-02-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD