I have a BB Curve 8320 through T-moble and just installed the 4.5.0.55 OS using the guide in the sticky thread.. The install went well but my 3rd party apps do not seem to load or be able to reach the internet now.Every time I try to load gmail or google maps it shows the app loading bar and just sits there. I have even reinstalled the apps and they still not working. Jivetalk and Opera mini just seem to timeout. Any ideas? I was using 4.2 OS before.

###Fixed####

I had to change my plan on T-Mobile

I had the total internet plan instead of the blackberry unlimited plan.
    Last edited by dakor; 09-08-08 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Fixed
    09-08-08 02:31 PM
    Did you disconnect the USB Cable from the phone?
    Also try a battery pull.
    09-08-08 02:43 PM
    When I installed os 4.5.0.77 it set a bunch of application permissions - could this be causing the issue?
    09-08-08 02:46 PM
    In apploader just before you started the OS upgrade, did you select the backup and restore option, or use the backup 3rd party apps with the proper upgrade instructions? Plug your device in and start DM. Start apploader and select add/restore applications. You might try to unselect the apps not working and remove them from your device. Then go and reinstall them OTA from scratch. You'll lose your settings this way. One other thing, with the email problem, make sure you resend service books: click Manage Internet Email, click service books, click send service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 02:50 PM
    Oh, make sure you check your browser settings. Go through the internet setup again.

09-08-08 02:53 PM
    I removed all the 3rd party apps re downloaded and reinstalled all of them from scratch and still got the same problem. I do not think its a permissions issue because I allowed everything lol. Can you explain this service books thing?
    09-08-08 02:57 PM
    ###Fixed####

I had to change my plan on T-Mobile

I had the total internet plan instead of the blackberry unlimited plan.
    09-08-08 03:13 PM
    Glad you got your problem fixed. In answer to your question about service books -- from BlackBerry Help:
    Service books determine which services are available on your BlackBerry� device. If your device is integrated with an account that uses the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your system administrator can send service books to your device that determine whether features such as remote address lookup and wireless calendar synchronization are available. Service books arrive on your device either over the wireless network from your wireless service provider or system administrator or through the BlackBerry Desktop Software when you connect your device to your computer.

Since you are on BIS, you need to send service books to yourself to let your device know what you are supposed to have on your device. So when you send service books, you are updating your BlackBerry and letting it know how to handle email, etc.

09-08-08 03:41 PM
    Cool thanks for the info!
    09-08-08 03:58 PM
    It seems like 90% of people using 4.5 OS are still having some issues.
    09-08-08 04:59 PM
    In apploader just before you started the OS upgrade, did you select the backup and restore option, or use the backup 3rd party apps with the proper upgrade instructions? Plug your device in and start DM. Start apploader and select add/restore applications. You might try to unselect the apps not working and remove them from your device. Then go and reinstall them OTA from scratch. You'll lose your settings this way. One other thing, with the email problem, make sure you resend service books: click Manage Internet Email, click service books, click send service books.

hey man i just bought this blackberry 8320 in canada been with rogers for quit a long time the problem is that this blackberry is with T moble and rogers OS wont work on it i was wondering if you know where i can get a Tmoble OS 4.5 that does not require a T moble account or T moble carrie please waiting for long time...
    03-21-09 11:25 AM
    Tip that applies to everything electronic, not just phones: When you plan to upgrade and OS, install apps one at a time and test for problems after each one. This way you an isolate problems much easier.
    03-21-09 12:20 PM
    hey man i just bought this blackberry 8320 in canada been with rogers for quit a long time the problem is that this blackberry is with T moble and rogers OS wont work on it i was wondering if you know where i can get a Tmoble OS 4.5 that does not require a T moble account or T moble carrie please waiting for long time...
    You dont have to use a Tmo OS on that device. If Rogers is a gsm network and they have an OS for your 8320 all you have to do is download it and delete the vendor.xml file. Its in C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader. Should be near the bottom. Then follow the upgrade/downgrade link in my signature to get etter instructions.
    Also, is this 8320 unlocked?
    03-21-09 01:46 PM
    The latest 8320 OS is posted in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
    03-21-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD