freaking at&t. seriously.
    got my bill this morning, $335. my bill is usually $140'ish. so i call at&t.. after being on hold for 10 minutes, getting someone who couldnt help me, i was then told to call another phone number (they couldnt just transfer me?), i get put on hold yet again for another 10 minutes, only to get told...

they no longer offer the Berry4All unlimited with 1500 text messages plan anymore. now they offer an unlimited plan with 200 text or unlimited text. i now have 2 options. uh, 2???? are you serious?

what it comes down to ..is that i have to pay 15 extra dollars a month because THEY changed my plan. can anyone tell me how that's fair?
    oh & where was my notification of this change? since when is it good business to change something, charge your client, & not tell them about it?

moral of the story: ..if you're with at&t, watch your plan for changes. cause they obviously dont mind surprising you with these crazy charges!

09-08-08 02:27 PM
    Read your contract. They can change the plan on you. You have the choice to get out of any remaining contract or bargin with them for an equivelent plan for the same $$.
    09-08-08 02:37 PM
    AT&T is a rip off. I considered switching to AT&T so I could get the bold until I realized that their plans cost almost double what I pay on sprint. People can say what they want about sprint but they still give you the most for your money. I would rather wait an eternity for the bold then switch to AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 02:43 PM
    My account shows that "Maintenance" is being done to it till the 11th at 11pm. Why it takes so long is beyond me. But thanks for the heads up.
    09-08-08 02:48 PM
    Did they offer you credit back for their screw up? They should. That sucks about the plan. How much you have left on your contract?
    09-08-08 02:49 PM
    AT&T is a rip off. I considered switching to AT&T so I could get the bold until I realized that their plans cost almost double what I pay on sprint. People can say what they want about sprint but they still give you the most for your money. I would rather wait an eternity for the bold then switch to AT&T.

No Sprint is a rip off and the service sucks. Customer service is even worst. And yes, AT&T plans do cost more, just like Verizon. Point is, you get what you play for. There's a reason why sprint has lost over 2 million customers since the Nextel merger and are on the brink of bankruptcy. They have to have cheaper plans to get customers back because the company sucks.
    09-08-08 02:50 PM
    I had the Berry4All plan as well with unlimited data and 1500 texts, email, ims. When they came out with the new plans at&t didn't do anything to me. I did go over on my texts last month so I upgrade to the new unlimited data and unlimited texts, email, and ims. Its only 10 bucks more. It went from $40.00 to $50.00 a month for the data plan.

09-08-08 02:52 PM
    This is the main reason why you always read the fine print of a contract. sucks that it happened but hopefully its a learning lesson
    09-08-08 02:54 PM
    got my bill this morning, $335. my bill is usually $140'ish. so i call at&t.. after being on hold for 10 minutes, getting someone who couldnt help me, i was then told to call another phone number (they couldnt just transfer me?), i get put on hold yet again for another 10 minutes, only to get told...

they no longer offer the Berry4All unlimited with 1500 text messages plan anymore. now they offer an unlimited plan with 200 text or unlimited text. i now have 2 options. uh, 2???? are you serious?

what it comes down to ..is that i have to pay 15 extra dollars a month because THEY changed my plan. can anyone tell me how that's fair?
    oh & where was my notification of this change? since when is it good business to change something, charge your client, & not tell them about it?

moral of the story: ..if you're with at&t, watch your plan for changes. cause they obviously dont mind surprising you with these crazy charges!

Yeah I could see how that would suck, but at the same time if they say they in your contract they can change things in your plan without notice, then can't really be angry. When I was with VZW, I had my calling plan switched without notice. and when I noticed my bill was a couple bucks highers, I inquired and they told me why. We are so eager to get the cell phone, we don't care about the little legal stuff.

I would suggest instead of being angry, call and see if you can get a credit for the amount, get a different plan for the same money. If that doesn't work, then opt out of your contract. I believe they can make these changes, but you now have the option to get out of the contract. They'll help you out then LOL. If the person you speak to doesn't help, hang up and call back... it all depends on who you talk to.
    09-08-08 02:56 PM
    they have a plan for $50 which gives you unlimited bb/texts... i have it and i love it...calll them up..
    09-08-08 03:08 PM
    Att has unlimted data and txt plan get that first! About ur billing related issue if att did bill u wrong go report at bbb.org ! I had to do that because I was trying to be nice by contact att first after few 3 hrs b.s and no one in chaege no manger, b.s. I reported to bbb.org the very next day WOW! Att got manager and she is able to understand their billing mistake! Try that and good luck!

09-08-08 04:19 PM

Firstly, not sure if you changed a rate plan or added/removed a feature. Secondly, if you got transfered, do you have a FAN discount? If so, Consumer Care cannot handle your account and you were probably redirected to Business End Care or maybe National Business Ordering, to try to get the feature added again. Also, the feature is expired and cannot be added, once removed normally. I've heard yes and no on this, but there should be a billing ticket to have the feature readded; reason: unauthorized change.

Also, how long has the change been going on? Did the representative look at the notes to see why it was changed / removed. Nothing gets changed with out something being done prior and it's always noted, even if it's just a date, time, and who did it. Another thing to consider is, do you have access to Online Account Manager? Feature removal / adding is an option there. It could have been done there, on accident, by you.

A lot of things to consider and sorry for your frustration. It can get credited easily, but unless that billing ticket can fix it, you will have to pick a different package.

My account shows that "Maintenance" is being done to it till the 11th at 11pm. Why it takes so long is beyond me. But thanks for the heads up.
    I think you're in the Philly area? If so, they are doing billing system conversions. It is been going on for like a week now.
    Last edited by Inifekt; 09-08-08 at 04:28 PM.
    09-08-08 04:20 PM

Let me increase the size for you. I'm not going to lie, so I will outright call this B.S. Lol. Yes, I said it. We still have people on former at&t wireless and somehow we were worried about a expired feature over an expired company? You (might have) made the change (accidental or on purpose) and you want it back. Now if I am wrong on this, send me a PM and I'll get this looked into for you.

Your market is in the process of switching over to a much better billing system this can take up to that amount of time. You may just end up being able to get on sooner.
    09-08-08 08:42 PM
    Good Luck!
    09-08-08 09:53 PM
    Oh geez, text me a river. Att is taking over the air waves people, its just a matter of time b-4 verizon is bought by att. wait n see, all of us will be on att. The price went up? Bummer. Cancel your account then. You'll be back. Oh and one more thing, att is on your chit list? Maybe your on att's chit list because I've been with att since they started and my bill only goes up when I increase my plan. They like meeee. Nanner nanner. LOL

09-08-08 11:22 PM
    Oh geez, text me a river. Att is taking over the air waves people, its just a matter of time b-4 verizon is bought by att. wait n see, all of us will be on att. The price went up? Bummer. Cancel your account then. You'll be back. Oh and one more thing, att is on your chit list? Maybe your on att's chit list because I've been with att since they started and my bill only goes up when I increase my plan. They like meeee. Nanner nanner. LOL

Are you like, 12 years old?
    09-09-08 07:07 AM
    Having been with AT&T from day one I have nothing but good things to say about them. When we upgraded our phones we
    recieved two Curves (refurbished) for free and a 50$ credit due to a billing issue with the Curves. When we were activating the phones they were having problems with the activation and also recievied 25$ credit and two months of Tele nav free + the free trial offer for the incovience.They also have the best signal
    here in Strong Island NY never a droped call or reception issuses,any billing problems are adjusted and handled on the spot.
    09-09-08 07:22 AM
    Unfortunately, I had a similar situation with at&t...Jayden offered to look into it for me, but I still haven't heard anything back.

Hope you find a soulution.
    09-09-08 08:53 AM
    LMAO I was thinking 9 or 10

09-09-08 09:40 AM
    Work with att ANS troubleshooting, get calls like this all the time. Sometimes its caused by reps who don't have a clue what they are doing. They remove and readd the plan instead of trying other troubleshooting then they add a different plan back and don't inform the customer.

09-09-08 09:42 AM

LOL not for long. Seriously they(Sprint) are losing subscribers by the millions every single quarter. They will fall and you'll be left with a useless phone in hand. Their network is inferior period. and you will wait an eternity for the Bold because Sprint will not get it.
    09-09-08 01:28 PM
    No matter which carrier you are dealing with, the best way to get anything done is to be polite and to hold on to your temper. If you are not getting anywhere, either hang up and call back or ask to speak to a manager.
    09-09-08 03:54 PM
    . How did you know that?

09-11-08 09:20 AM
    . How did you know that? Are you magic?

09-11-08 09:21 AM
    I had a screwup yesterday. Switched to the 200 texts per month from the pay per text. When I got my bill, I had like 75 texts which they charged me .20 each for! I have to say, though, the guy I got on the phone was very, very good, and gave me a credit. I have a FAN, and when I imput my phone number I'm automatically directed to Business Customer care. I have had a few billing screwups, but they have corrected it and credited me every time. I really cannot complain thusfar, and I've been with ATT/Cingular for close to 8 years now.
    09-11-08 11:24 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD