So, the logical answer is the 9930.. smoother, faster, lighter, better keyboard..just more of the same... but not so fast (as in not so fast as to make a decision..lol)

It really gives me nothing that I dont have already..simply a better user experience and the ability to actually use the browser in anger vs emergencies..

I was stuck in the "I want a physical keyboard" but test drove the photon and epic touch today and particularly on the galaxy s2 epic touch 4g (or whatever it is called) i was able to type as fast or better than on the 9650..all due to the screen size.

With android i would get texting apps/wifi and skype giving me poor mans international roaming..things that are not available on the BB.. not to mention a screen 2x size and tons of games.

BBM is of almost zero value now...eveyone has gone...lol

the epic touch seems a bit big, but the photon.. that looks a good phone.. any thoughts?
    02-18-12 02:10 PM
    ive tried android and iphone a half dozen times this past year, after a few days im always back on BB

it is up to you needs

just do a forum search for people switching there are thousands of threads identical to this one, and all the answers are already here
    02-18-12 02:13 PM
    For me the answer was an HTC Droid Incredible 2. I still have 6 months left until my upgrade so I picked it up used off contract. I'm still a bb fan, have my playbook, and will return when bb10 drops, which will line up with my upgrade perfectly. So I like to say I'm just "visiting" android for a while. Not going to lie though, I'm actually enjoying it so far.
    02-18-12 02:27 PM
    Ohh cmon mark. I like bbm'ing you. Haha

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 02:16 AM
    I loved my 9650 but the 9930 is a giant leap forward. In every respect it just works fantastic.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    02-20-12 03:09 PM
    Agreed...but it does not offer any additional features..

What is ironic here is that when travelling internationally, I end up using my wifi Ipad for texting/wifi and for skype/wifi calls.. neither of which i can do on the 9650 and both features that can be supported on Android..and before you ask..yes, yes i DO feel dorky talking to my ipad in a coffee shop!

I loved my 9650 but the 9930 is a giant leap forward. In every respect it just works fantastic.
    02-20-12 05:15 PM
    Agreed...but it does not offer any additional features..

What is ironic here is that when travelling internationally, I end up using my wifi Ipad for texting/wifi and for skype/wifi calls.. neither of which i can do on the 9650 and both features that can be supported on Android..and before you ask..yes, yes i DO feel dorky talking to my ipad in a coffee shop!

Haha I'm sure that feels weird doing.

02-20-12 07:59 PM
    Well, i got the 9930 and have to say it is very polished.. of course coming from the 9650 after 10 mins its back to just being the phone..but wait.. os5 > os7.1 so go play all the new cool games!!!..

facepalm... brickbreaker.. lol

I may look at the samsung galaxy player 5.0 to get some portable VoIP and android jollies though... and unlike the wifi tablets its got gps
    02-23-12 08:00 AM
    Yes same phone in a way but I can go same device for as long as they keep making it faster. There's itouches and android tabs if I get antsy.

I have an itouch but since I got the 9900 I haven't wanted to touch the ipod because browsing this thing is fast! Lol

02-23-12 07:49 PM
    I've owned an Iphone and most of the androids higher end ones that Sprint offers and I always end up back at my 9930 so I would say maybe try a iphone or android because Sprint gives you 14 days to return/exchange.
    03-12-12 10:43 PM
    I know for me, since I have a PlayBook and I want to get another year out of it, I'm going to stick with BlackBerry and the Bridge for at least another year.....I guess I'm leaning towards the BOLD 9930.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-12-12 10:50 PM
    Get it spencerdl.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-12-12 10:53 PM
    I get an upgrade this month. can't wait to get a 9930!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-07-12 02:50 PM
    pfft im still stuck on my second blackberry ever...first the 8350i(nextel) now the 9330 yes thats nine three three zero LOL

i skipped the 9930 in hopes that the new phones were hitting at the beginning of '12 like was hoped and didnt want to waste an upgrade @ the end of last year. now im in the same boat until the actually drop later part of this yr.

im @ the point where a 9350, 9860 or 9930 (basically any os 7 device on sprint) would feel like a huge jump for me.

:: sigh ::
    one day ill get a newer phone lol
    04-13-12 12:12 AM
    pfft im still stuck on my second blackberry ever...first the 8350i(nextel) now the 9330 yes thats nine three three zero LOL

i skipped the 9930 in hopes that the new phones were hitting at the beginning of '12 like was hoped and didnt want to waste an upgrade @ the end of last year. now im in the same boat until the actually drop later part of this yr.

im @ the point where a 9350, 9860 or 9930 (basically any os 7 device on sprint) would feel like a huge jump for me.

:: sigh ::
    one day ill get a newer phone lol
    lol to funny ,I went from a 8330 to yes 9330... holding off my upgrade with Sprint to see what they have to offer by the end of this. yr..

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 07:47 PM
    Chrisy520 hun get one too.
    04-15-12 07:09 AM
    lol to funny ,I went from a 8330 to yes 9330... holding off my upgrade with Sprint to see what they have to offer by the end of this. yr..

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk
    i was so excited towards the end of last year to see new bb's drop q1/q2 of this year...thinking we were going to see ONX/playbook os style blackberries...but then bam got hit with reality that they werent coming as hoped until late this year.

my playbook is holdin me over till they come but if these phones dont meet my expectations i hate to say i might join the android masses :\
    04-21-12 10:13 PM
    i was so excited towards the end of last year to see new bb's drop q1/q2 of this year...thinking we were going to see ONX/playbook os style blackberries...but then bam got hit with reality that they werent coming as hoped until late this year.

my playbook is holdin me over till they come but if these phones dont meet my expectations i hate to say i might join the android masses :\
    That's how I ended up staying with my 9330-for reason just like that..Bam nothing to upgrade to since RIM is moving so fast with OS's-geez OS 6 is not even that old-jumping to 7 really didn't make sense to me for partial speaking todays BB will be EOL when the release of BB10. Tried android-for a week when I was waiting for my replacement it was not up to my expectation ..I was missing my berry
    04-22-12 08:44 AM
    I got my Sprint Curve 8330 in June of 2009 and was kinda bummed I didnt research BlackBerry more to find out they where releasing the Tour 9630 in August. Good thing, my friend at work got a Tour, and never liked it. The next year, I had a Sprint Premier upgrade and passed on the Bold 9650, in hopes of RIM releasing an overhauled OS. So after passing on 2 upgrades, after my contract expired, I decided to get a Bold 9930, instead of waiting another 2 months for a iphone 4S. I LOVE my Bold 9930, the BEST Qwerty keyboard on ANY smartphone. while it lacks so many apps I use on my ipad2. It none the less is IMO the best communication device on the market.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD