The ones in the device system/toolkit folder. You can copy them but you can't delete them because the directory is set as "read only" and you can't change that. Any one know the .COD file(s) that contain these videos? They're using 18.11MB memory I would like to free up.
    02-18-12 12:07 PM
    The ones in the device system/toolkit folder. You can copy them but you can't delete them because the directory is set as "read only" and you can't change that. Any one know the .COD file(s) that contain these videos? They're using 18.11MB memory I would like to free up.
    BB BOSS 2.2 has an option to remove the Startup Video in the Media Files section.
    02-18-12 12:10 PM
    Did that. They were still loaded.
    02-18-12 12:12 PM
    Use the built in file folder, I don't remember exactly where they are but once you find them they will delete from there.
    02-18-12 12:22 PM
    Can't even get to that folder with the native files app. Have to use a 3rd party (FileScout) to see that directory. I did use the native files app and searched all file by name and deleted from there. But that just deleted them from the list and didn't delete the actual files.
    02-18-12 12:34 PM
    I even tried to inject empty cod file of toolkit during OS installation,
    But old ones are not deleted.
    Post some tricks if known
    02-18-12 12:38 PM
    Did that. They were still loaded.
    If new videos are not uploaded during OS installation. Old ones will stay there.
    No matter how much changes you make in alx file.
    02-18-12 12:41 PM
    I've tried BBBoss and BBSAK and both don't see these videos as well.
    02-18-12 12:55 PM
    I've tried BBBoss and BBSAK and both don't see these videos as well.
    Those videos are stored as a content not as cod files. (Although they are installed as cod files as they are packed in cod files)
    And they are stored at some read only location.
    02-18-12 01:12 PM
    They are accessible via the built in file management app, use the "show hidden" option and look in "system" for "samples", inside this folder you will find all media samples, then just delete the relevant files.
    02-18-12 02:12 PM
    Ffs.

Delete the entire folder.
    02-18-12 02:32 PM
    Ffs.

Delete the entire folder.
    You can't. It's a "read only" folder.
    02-18-12 03:04 PM
    Kid? I'm 38 you knob. On my phone I get a delete option, maybe you don't because you are special.
    daveshiz likes this.
    02-18-12 03:36 PM
    Yes, you can delete in the 'samples' folder as andrew posted. But these videos are in the 'toolkit' folder and they cannot be deleted.
    02-18-12 03:46 PM
    Ok, misunderstanding there folks, my most sincere apologies.

Please leave my socks out of this though "kid".
    02-18-12 03:55 PM
    Hey kid, you seem to be having trouble reading as well as writing.

You might notice I apologised for my misunderstanding of the OP, you might also notice I've been around a while.
    02-18-12 04:04 PM
    On Appworld you will find "PB Taskmanager", using this app you can delete whatever you like.
    Do be careful though.
    02-18-12 04:16 PM
    don't see where you can delete it using this app. I'm using the trial version
    02-18-12 04:53 PM
    They are in "modules".
    02-18-12 05:02 PM
    They are in "modules".
    The list of modules is long, but I haven't found the videos in it yet. Do they have different names from how they appear in FileScout?
    02-18-12 05:41 PM
    The videos cannot be deleted. This has been answered.

Not possible with OS7

End thread.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-18-12 10:46 PM
    They are in "modules".
    BS.
    You simply cannot delete those encrypted core files from the device awith any apps!
    And from 5xx series they have been un recognizable cods even for BBSAK when you system read..

Ouh yeah that is what the app you suggested says
    02-18-12 11:17 PM
    Seems a waste of time putting in the ability to get that close to deleting them and then bottling it but I think you've ended this "discussion".
    02-19-12 01:37 AM
    Seems a waste of time putting in the ability to get that close to deleting them and then bottling it but I think you've ended this "discussion".
    I really wonder what is the purpose of putting in these videos in such a bulletproof way. I understand that RIM wants them to be available to new users, but I don't see why DM doesn't have an option to remove or reinstall them at any point.
    02-19-12 09:20 AM
    I suppose the thinking might be that as the current Blackberry has plenty of memory the videos may as well stay.

I only poke around looking for things to delete out of habit, unless you run a large amount of apps it is probably unnecessary to strip everything out, I after all have two maybe three third party apps at most.
    02-19-12 11:08 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD