I have been using Desktop Manager and it has been working beautifully until I upgraded to Version 7 2 days ago. Suddenly it wouldn't even open! I removed version 7 via control panel and then tried to load version 6 again, but now I get an error that a newer version of DM is already loaded!!! How do I get rid of this and go back to version 6 that worked so well for me?

Please help!! I am ready to throw my phone out the window, closely followed by my laptop!! It feels as if this issue has consumed all my time the past 2 days!

Stienie
    02-17-12 11:22 AM
    I would check the task manager, see if a process is still running.
    Then reboot before trying to reinstall.
    02-17-12 11:27 AM
    I tried that, but still get the error that a newer version is installed! I'm sure it must be referenced in the registry files, but I'm petrified of scratching around there!
    02-17-12 11:58 AM
    Perhaps you can find a reg cleaner to optimize and remove all left over junk.
    02-17-12 01:00 PM
    I guess I will have to, but the last time I tried that I messed up badly!!
    02-17-12 01:29 PM
    Have you gone to settings and deleted both versions of 6 & 7? Turn off web access and then reload 6. It worked for me...good luck!
    02-17-12 01:45 PM
    I have been using Desktop Manager and it has been working beautifully until I upgraded to Version 7 2 days ago. Suddenly it wouldn't even open! I removed version 7 via control panel and then tried to load version 6 again, but now I get an error that a newer version of DM is already loaded!!! How do I get rid of this and go back to version 6 that worked so well for me?

Please help!! I am ready to throw my phone out the window, closely followed by my laptop!! It feels as if this issue has consumed all my time the past 2 days!

Stienie
    I am having the exact same issue. I had a support call with RIM today, and we scoured the registry, and everything else to remove every trace of BBDM7 (as best we thought possible).

Trying to install BBDM6 then fails with a windows error.....an admin scurity policy error. After some research, this IS a windows error that is somehow colliding with BBDM. I am not sure I understand it myself, but there was an extremely honest attempt to resolve my issue on the part of RIM, and, we both had to give up. Yes, I am an admin on my machine, so, ...... wtf LOL

Things are REALLY hosed up. Now, the rest of my machine and its apps appear to be fine. It really seems like it took some talent to get this so hosed up....

Bottom line is this, after several hours on the phone with a VERY helpful (and extremely competent and patient) RIM upper tier tech support person, we resolved that the only option at this moment is to wait for the "fixed" BBDM ver. 7. Out goal was to get BBDM6.1 back up and running as a work around. No luck at all.

I know this doesn't help you, but thought I would share.

I must say, my hat is off to the RIM support crew. This certainly wasn't for a lack of effort on their part, or mine. It just is, I suppose.... for now.

Let's just hope they can get it resolved sooner rather than later. I am synch-less right now.

what a pain in the back of the front..... geeeez
    02-17-12 02:09 PM
    I uninstalled every version of BBDM that i had on my laptop, restarted it, downloaded DM6.1 from the ATT blackberry website, did a clean install and now it works. happy to have DM back on my pc.
    02-17-12 02:21 PM
    yeah, Im having the same issue..Windows 7 home 64bit..I cant find any trace of BB DM, but when installing 6.1 it says I have a newer version already..

I thought of reloading the DM7,then trying to uninstall it again, but of course, now BB has removed the DM7 from its site...

I knew I should have just waited....
    02-17-12 08:05 PM
    Have any of you tried CCleaner? It is an excellent registry cleaner. Try running it after uninstalling Desktop Software 7, then reboot PC, and then try installing Desktop Software 6.
    02-17-12 08:24 PM
    yep. I have CCleaner already, and have done that several times. I dont see Desktop 7 anywhere. did the reboot, tried to load DM6 and says 'already have a newer version'..

Im just going to wait like GrumpyAeroGuy ..

pretty sad that they put DM7 out there, they have issues, then they pull it and we are stuck hanging...starting to sound pretty common...
    02-18-12 07:21 AM
    I was lucky I guess and could remove DM7 via the control panel (Vista). When I reinstalled DM6, I could not configure the synch settings. I rebooted a couple of times and it suddenly worked.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 02-18-12 at 08:29 AM.
    02-18-12 07:49 AM
    DM 7 was a disaster for me. Now I cannot load 6.1
    it keeps asking for a CD Rom or disk.
    I have uninstalled everything, run cc cleaner, rebooted, nothing.

Arghhh.....
    gustavb likes this.
    02-18-12 09:39 AM
    Same problem here. Used cc cleaner, went through every possible file and moved them off the machine (inc backups) but when loading 6.1 get the newer version message.

Will have to wait (impatiently) for a solution synch-less I suppose which means carting my iPad to get my calendar.

Do I hear Android calling for my next phone ???
    02-23-12 06:57 AM
    I have now given up, just got home with my new Samsung Galaxy S2 ANDROID phone! This was just the last straw!!! I'm not saying never again BB, but right now BB is not my favourite word! My Samsung sync'd seamlessly with my desktop!!! Yeah!!
    02-23-12 09:06 AM
    I have now given up, just got home with my new Samsung Galaxy S2 ANDROID phone! This was just the last straw!!! I'm not saying never again BB, but right now BB is not my favourite word! My Samsung sync'd seamlessly with my desktop!!! Yeah!!
    Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain --- AND, I sympathize with you as I, too, am a slave to RIM fixing something that wasn't broken to begin with as well.

Just hope you bought 3-4 chargers... you're gonna need 'em.
    02-23-12 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD