Try it for yourself. I've tried every OS and the latest one is ridiculous.
    Enjoy!
    skibnik and Mecca EL like this.
    02-16-12 04:27 PM
    i would hate to rain on your parade, but you cant really say how amazing battery life is without using the OS for more than a few days...... never the less 12 hours.
    homer1475 and Blacklatino like this.
    02-16-12 04:30 PM
    Well after updating my phone to 7.1 205 my battery seems better almost a whole day then yesturday I updated to 258 and seems better only had it for a day but have not charge my phone since yesturday 3pm so it is good so far I hope that after installing lots of apps stays the same
    02-16-12 07:35 PM
    Still crappy for me. 5 hours with 45 min of calls and 2 hours of apps. Not good enough.
    02-16-12 08:03 PM
    Anyone looking to upgrade their battery should get one of the gold batteries off Ebay. It increased my capacity to 2430 mah.
    02-16-12 08:53 PM
    Anyone looking to upgrade their battery should get one of the gold batteries off Ebay. It increased my capacity to 2430 mah.
    can you prove it ?

I found a lot of high capacity battery that say like 1800 mah or 2600 but if you remove the sticker it's actually a 1000mah. Don't just trust the sticker.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-16-12 09:05 PM
    You must not make very many changes to your phone. Or have a high tolerance for consistently needing to recode the battery after resets.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-17-12 01:10 AM
    Well after updating my phone to 7.1 205 my battery seems better almost a whole day then yesturday I updated to 258 and seems better only had it for a day but have not charge my phone since yesturday 3pm so it is good so far I hope that after installing lots of apps stays the same
    its very hard to read posts that run with no punctuation it makes me read it like a robot danger wil rogers danger but if thats the norm i guess ill just need to live with it and keep my opinionated comments to myself sorry for the crack back i just had to say it.

I ugraded last night, so far so good. Can't comment on battery life. Too early. I've never gotten very good battery life on any berry I've owned, though. I'm pretty curious about the hotspot and at&t charges. The OS seems more responsive than....585 (I think thats what I had)
    02-17-12 10:52 AM
    can you prove it ?

I found a lot of high capacity battery that say like 1800 mah or 2600 but if you remove the sticker it's actually a 1000mah. Don't just trust the sticker.
    There is no way that I can prove it to you. You will just have to take my word for it. Instead of having to charge it at night I can charge it mid day the next day with a full day of business use. 2 days later if It is on standby.

Kraski, The battery came with a microchip that duped the factory battery without a computer. I have reset the phone and the battery doesn't need to be recalibrated. There are a lot of s*** batteries out there, but the gold one is legit. The sellers name is e_cell.
    02-17-12 12:25 PM
    Kraski, The battery came with a microchip that duped the factory battery without a computer. I have reset the phone and the battery doesn't need to be recalibrated. There are a lot of s*** batteries out there, but the gold one is legit. The sellers name is e_cell.
    OK. That means that, once again, I've learned something new and useful. And thanks for the seller's name. Something to do when other things aren't depleting my wallet.
    02-17-12 05:41 PM
    There is no way that I can prove it to you. You will just have to take my word for it. Instead of having to charge it at night I can charge it mid day the next day with a full day of business use. 2 days later if It is on standby.

OK. That means that, once again, I've learned something new and useful. And thanks for the seller's name. Something to do when other things aren't depleting my wallet.
    OK....I guess I'm a little numb here but....what is/how do you calibrate a battery? This could be the reason for crap crap battery life on all my berries!
    02-17-12 05:48 PM
    it this think thicker that an OEM battery?
    02-17-12 05:53 PM

There is actually one way, remove the golden sticker arround the battery, and tell us what's under it, that's how we found out when it's a fake one, it's just a sticker over a lower mah sticker, but sometime they do remove the old sticker before putting a new one, don't remove all of it if you don't see anything behind it.

Maybe he's legit, I wish he is, because that would be nice.
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 02-18-12 at 09:38 PM.
    02-18-12 09:20 PM
    I've almost reached my limit with the 9810. The battery is enough to make me switch to a 9900.
    02-18-12 10:44 PM
    i would hate to rain on your parade, but you cant really say how amazing battery life is without using the OS for more than a few days...... never the less 12 hours.
    I hate to rain on your parade, but the phrase is "much less" not "never the less"
    NinjaB likes this.
    02-19-12 01:18 AM

I will ask you to use some logic, because don't you think that RIM (the most famous company for prolonged battery life) would have included a gold battery with that capacity already with the phone? Those gold batteries are still cheaper than an OEM battery from RIM. So don't you think they'd include it or sell it claiming that much more capacity if they could? lol.
    AcADIeN and tsells like this.
    02-19-12 02:29 AM
    So have you used the Blackberry Analyzer to prove that your battery is actually lasting longer instead of possibly getting your hopes because of a new O/S?
    02-19-12 09:32 AM
    So have you used the Blackberry Analyzer to prove that your battery is actually lasting longer instead of possibly getting your hopes because of a new O/S?
    I haven't but I can verify that my batterly has been much better because of the of the battery saver option. I go full days with moderate web surfing, hours of listening to music and calls here and there and my battery life is about 30% at the end of the day.
    02-19-12 11:38 AM
    I haven't but I can verify that my batterly has been much better because of the of the battery saver option. I go full days with moderate web surfing, hours of listening to music and calls here and there and my battery life is about 30% at the end of the day.
    Well lets get some graphs up and see if we can see how well this O/S battery optimizations are. Im sticking with .205 for the moment until I get some better proof instead of "yeah its great on the battery" comments with no actual data. My .205 has a drain rate of 3.25% and the highest drain is Memory Booster and then the browser. Some hard data is an excellent way to compare O/S's. Btw, that is over a weeks time frame for those statistics.
    02-19-12 12:00 PM
    I will ask you to use some logic, because don't you think that RIM (the most famous company for prolonged battery life) would have included a gold battery with that capacity already with the phone? Those gold batteries are still cheaper than an OEM battery from RIM. So don't you think they'd include it or sell it claiming that much more capacity if they could? lol.
    Their fame for battery life is based on past history for the phone using juice frugally, not high capacity batteries. There was no need for high capacity batteries. Fast forward to OS6 and OS7 and there is a need. But RIM and whoever they use for batteries have no experience building high capacity batteries or designing them not to have an effect on the comfortable usability of the phone or the looks of the phone. And, as much as RIM says it's going to continue supporting OS7 devices, their focus right now is on the upcoming BB10 devices. So, let me ask you to use some logic. If you were RIM, would you divert engineering resources toward higher capacity OS7 batteries or keep everything focused on making the new BB10 product the best it could be, including battery life?
    02-19-12 12:34 PM
    I've almost reached my limit with the 9810. The battery is enough to make me switch to a 9900.
    I just switched from � 9900 to 9810 because of the very poor battery life on my 9900.
    I find the 9810 battery lasts way longer. But to be honest, I only got my 9810 one week ago, so it has to prove its self � little bit more.

Why is everybody raining on eachothers parades, please don't.
    02-19-12 01:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure Apple holds the title on battery life (mostly because they use 3G). My experience with battery life on the 9810 has been abysmal. So bad in fact that I can say for a fact that I can literally count more hours when I'm using the gold battery.

Berry Junkie, there is a micro chip that comes with the battery. you have to sync the old battery code with the new one when you first get it otherwise the phone does not read it as OEM. To sync you acually have to put the new battery in so the phone can write an error code, then you take it out and link the two batteries physically with the chip and it works. It's not any thicker than the original battery.

AcADIeN, I cut a little section out of the foil sticker and it appears to be just one sticker. I weighed both batteries on a scale and the gold one is a few grams heavier.
    Last edited by skispeakeasy; 02-19-12 at 04:39 PM.
    02-19-12 04:37 PM
    Try it for yourself. I've tried every OS and the latest one is ridiculous.
    Enjoy!
    the last .190 I use is horrible, esp in US which I roam last week.
    I have just upgrade to the leaked .258 yesterday and i will be in Beijing today, will see how it works..(too bad .258 has no Chinese input..)
    02-19-12 07:35 PM
    I just switched from � 9900 to 9810 because of the very poor battery life on my 9900.
    I find the 9810 battery lasts way longer. But to be honest, I only got my 9810 one week ago, so it has to prove its self � little bit more.

Why is everybody raining on eachothers parades, please don't.
    interesting, I am a 9810 user just want to give 9900 a try
    02-19-12 07:38 PM
    I've been using .258 for a few days know and I think the battery life is the best of any 7.0 or 7.1 OS I've loaded thus far.
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-20-12 12:34 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD