I recently bought my 9810 used. When I first got it i figured i would start with 7.1.0.205. So i wiped it and ran the install. During the first day of use I noticed that there was some lag and a lot of unregistered finger taps (sometimes 5 or more until an application was selected). Other times I would click on an application and the application above it would be selected. So, frustrated, I downgraded to the latest AT&T 7.0.0.583. The device worked great. So with the leak of 7.1.0.258, I decided to give it another try. Device upgrades and same thing. Screen is laggy with what seems to be the touchscreen configuration to be "off". Does anyone else have this problem or any insight to a fix? I checked the forums and the only other post regarding touchscreen issues is about the screen registering "multiple finger touches". Am I going to be stuck with this phone only being able to use 7.0? Thanks for your help.
    02-16-12 03:38 PM
    Same issues.

How do I revert back to 7.0?
    02-21-12 04:37 PM
    download the latest official AT&T 7.0 and install it. Remove the 7.1 that's installed using add/remove programs. plug your phone in and open desktop manager. Once its done connecting, it should ask if you want to downgrade your phone. I would do a backup first, the go ahead with the downgrade.
    02-22-12 11:50 AM
    I recently bought my 9810 used. When I first got it i figured i would start with 7.1.0.205. So i wiped it and ran the install. During the first day of use I noticed that there was some lag and a lot of unregistered finger taps (sometimes 5 or more until an application was selected). Other times I would click on an application and the application above it would be selected. So, frustrated, I downgraded to the latest AT&T 7.0.0.583. The device worked great. So with the leak of 7.1.0.258, I decided to give it another try. Device upgrades and same thing. Screen is laggy with what seems to be the touchscreen configuration to be "off". Does anyone else have this problem or any insight to a fix? I checked the forums and the only other post regarding touchscreen issues is about the screen registering "multiple finger touches". Am I going to be stuck with this phone only being able to use 7.0? Thanks for your help.
    Your not alone at all with this problem, I'm having the exact same issues to the point where I've downgraded all the way to 7.0.0.583 whose battery life sux for that matter. I highly doubt it has to do with anything physical because this phone was bouught brand new on Monday and it worked perfect on .261 up until now, so I dunno what's wrong. Can u confirm if your Torch is unbranded or branded.
    03-03-12 11:32 PM
    mine is an ATT branded 9810
    03-05-12 09:26 AM
    mine is an ATT branded 9810
    Any solutions yet?
    03-11-12 02:56 PM
    Just installed 7.1.0.267. Still the same.
    03-13-12 08:42 AM
    Just installed 7.1.0.267. Still the same.
    I installed the 7.1.0.267 also and even though the problem still persists it to a minimum, I've remained on the OS because its liveable and useable. I'm also trying to get Mecca El to work on a hybrid with different screen codings from .261 to try to fix the problem.
    03-13-12 08:52 AM
    i noticed that this problem isnt there if the phone is charging; and the problem is nearly gone if data is turned off. My wild guess is that there is some power management issue with this version of the OS. Thank god the 9810 has a mouse pad.....
    03-20-12 11:08 PM
    I installed the 7.1.0.267 also and even though the problem still persists it to a minimum, I've remained on the OS because its liveable and useable. I'm also trying to get Mecca El to work on a hybrid with different screen codings from .261 to try to fix the problem.
    Hey everyone!

If possible, can those that are having browser freezing - what we refer to as the "touch screen" is actually the browser; the other "browser" is the web browser - provide me a list of ALL installed applications on your phone? A large majority of freezing is due to "push" updating, mismatched, out of date, or non-compatible apps.

I just want to make sure I eliminate all possible issues before I point the finger at the OS versions
    03-21-12 11:09 AM
    Hey everyone!

If possible, can those that are having browser freezing - what we refer to as the "touch screen" is actually the browser; the other "browser" is the web browser - provide me a list of ALL installed applications on your phone? A large majority of freezing is due to "push" updating, mismatched, out of date, or non-compatible apps.

I just want to make sure I eliminate all possible issues before I point the finger at the OS versions
    All new OS versions were installed fresh, with no backups whatsoever from a previous OS but I'll give you a list of the apps I immediately load though

Advance OS and LED
    Battery Booster Pro
    Battery Saver
    Facebook Messenger
    WhatsApp
    Screengrabber (Don't use this anymore)
    TuneIn radio

That's about everything I immediately load after an OS reinstall
    03-21-12 11:14 AM
    And BBM beta
    03-21-12 11:15 AM
    I have the same issue with touch screen being non-responsive, etc with the latest 7.1 leak..and the issue goes away if I go back to at&t official 7.0 os...

Also touch screen is bit more responsive with 7.1 if I switched on and connected to Wifi. Can't wait to try 7.1.0.342 when it leaks.
    03-21-12 07:49 PM
    I have used backups and I am on BES. My phone has been wiped a few times and I have not carried over any apps from my previous phone. I downloaded the apps i needed directly from Appworld.

Twitter (3.0)
    Blackberry News
    Poynt
    Pageonce Free
    BeWeather
    Beepus
    Blackberry Bridge
    BB Traffic
    Patterlock
    Wikitude
    Endomondo Pro
    Screen Muncer
    Pandora
    BB Podcasts

If i go back to the ATT 7.0.0.583 the phone runs fine. Other then that its been crap with the screen. Im running 7.1.0.284 now.
    03-21-12 07:53 PM
    i have the problem too.
    this can reduce the problem , that i do :
    1. remove/uninstall whatsapp before update os
    2. pull out the mmc
    this will help, i have a try myself.
    use the mmc with sdhc speed ( more expensive than usual ), i use 32GB mmc Vgen= touchscreen virtual lanscape lag, i use 2Gb sandisk brand = lag too, i use 32Gb transcend= no lag.
    sorry if my english isn't well
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-21-12 09:17 PM
    i have the problem too.
    this can reduce the problem , that i do :
    1. remove/uninstall whatsapp before update os
    2. pull out the mmc
    this will help, i have a try myself.
    use the mmc with sdhc speed ( more expensive than usual ), i use 32GB mmc Vgen= touchscreen virtual lanscape lag, i use 2Gb sandisk brand = lag too, i use 32Gb transcend= no lag.
    sorry if my english isn't well
    I keep forgetting that memory cards can cause lag and calibration issues also. I haven't had that problem, but a reformat of the SD card may help.

Also, from the apps listed, attempt to run your phone without 3rd party apps for a few days after installing an updated OS, to see if the problem returns. Alot of us install monitoring and "performance" apps that are no longer necessary on OS7.0 and 7.1, because these OS'es come with those apps built in.
    03-21-12 09:56 PM
    when .258 was out I wiped my phone and ran it with none of my data or apps on it. I did have my 32gb mem card in it. Phone still had "lag" issues.
    03-23-12 07:02 AM
    I have used backups and I am on BES. My phone has been wiped a few times and I have not carried over any apps from my previous phone. I downloaded the apps i needed directly from Appworld.

Twitter (3.0)
    Blackberry News
    Poynt
    Pageonce Free
    BeWeather
    Beepus
    Blackberry Bridge
    BB Traffic
    Patterlock
    Wikitude
    Endomondo Pro
    Screen Muncer
    Pandora
    BB Podcasts

If i go back to the ATT 7.0.0.583 the phone runs fine. Other then that its been crap with the screen. Im running 7.1.0.284 now.
    Are you still on .284??
    03-28-12 03:35 AM
    One possible reason for lag would be the carrier not setting your account correctly, for the new phone. Getting it squared away could take several calls to tech support. One indication it's not orientated for the right device is a lot of timer spin.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-31-12 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD