View Poll Results: Are You Happy with OS 1.0.8.6067

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 77.03%
  • No

19 25.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Are you happy with RIM's current OS 1.0.8.6067 or are you contemplating getting rid of your PB if the infamous OS 2.0 doesn't come out until say June?
    02-16-12 12:02 PM
    I like it, and I don't even have a BB handset for bridge. It could be improved, but then again...can't everything be improved?
    02-16-12 12:04 PM
    Really!!! I'm very happy with the latest OS, running just fine.
    Willard814 and Scotter75 like this.
    02-16-12 12:05 PM
    I've been adamant as h*ll about letting people know how I feel about this in hopes they think on it themselves. Why are there so many threads about fiending for 2.0, yet tons of other ones about people (myself included) who have real emotions about their PB and have talked about how wonderful they think it is. If anyone loves their PB half as much as I do, then haven't they noticed that they're not using OS 2? Sure, it may be better, or may not. But I can't see pulling hairs over changing something that's mighty kick*ss right now in it's present state.

"Just sayin'..."
    Willard814 and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    02-16-12 12:07 PM
    Both of my Playbooks has it. I am not that greedy of apps... except Kindle app, but... I can wait .
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:08 PM
    Those aren't the only 2 choices, but I'm very happy with mine.
    Yes, i'm happy about it, but with OS.2.0 coming soon i can't wait to move out to it.
    Willard814 likes this.
    I am happy with 1.0.8.60.67, but I am looking forward to the potential shown in OS 2.0.
    There is NO WAY it will be "delayed until..." (yes, I know it can be argued that it is delayed already as it wasn't out last summer), with the problems that RIM has had, and with the new people in place who haven't given any hint of a change in dates, or (further) delays, other than to continue saying it's due in February, there is no reason to believe that it will be delayed past the end of February.

Si.
    Last edited by simu31; 02-16-12 at 12:11 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:09 PM
    its alright, but i wish it had a few more misc features like to eliminate the backlight timeout or a user-designated corner swipe feature (from the right side, as left is the keyboard), particularly standby mode + airplane mode.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:10 PM
    I've been adamant as h*ll about letting people know how I feel about this in hopes they think on it themselves. Why are there so many threads about fiending for 2.0, yet tons of other ones about people (myself included) who have real emotions about their PB and have talked about how wonderful they think it is. If anyone loves their PB half as much as I do, then haven't they noticed that they're not using OS 2? Sure, it may be better, or may not. But I can't see pulling hairs over changing something that's mighty kick*ss right now in it's present state.

"Just sayin'..."
    That is exactly my point! Thanks BitPusher!
    02-16-12 12:11 PM
    For sure... Very happy with it. With that said I'm still looking forward to 2.0 and future updates, but wouldn't get rid of it if 2.0 was delayed.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:13 PM
    That is exactly my point! Thanks BitPusher!

Aye
    Besides, my course of action will be to watch for the inevitable "What do you think of OS 2" threads and be a little more certain everything is kosher before jumping on such a big update.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:14 PM
    Aye
    Besides, my course of action will be to watch for the inevitable "What do you think of OS 2" threads and be a little more certain everything is kosher before jumping on such a big update.
    I agree... I'll let the lab rats test it out first before bricking my PB! lmao
    02-16-12 12:24 PM
    Is happy synonymous with content? 'Cause I like my Playbook with 1.08. I like it more with the beta. But I'm sure not content. Without adding the few missing items its like returning a kickoff 95 yards and taking a knee before crossing the finish line. PB is very close and I'm hopefull OS2 will carry the ball over the line.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:26 PM
    I agree... I'll let the lab rats test it out first before bricking my PB! lmao
    that's a good thing to do, but it can work out all different on each PB and each user too!
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:28 PM
    Ive been very happy with my Playbook since it's release. Sure like so many others there are a few aspects could be improved/modified. I have not stopped using my Playbook since I received it, it goes everywhere with me. However, I am very excited about 2.0 and what it offers and what it means for the Playbook and RIM. Like with any gadget, electronic, etc we all look forward to the next big update/version/hardware/etc. Its what tech junkies do.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:30 PM
    that's a good thing to do, but it can work out all different on each PB and each user too!
    Perhaps, but law of averages
    Besides, this was preached by a legend, we'll call him "Mr. Loaf", who once told us "two out of three ain't bad."
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:37 PM
    Happy with it at work and happy with it at home. And as I've stated before, of course I'll be happy with improvements or upgrades too, but they aren't necessary for my current needs. Yes, I have additional wants, and always will, regardless of platform. I bought the PB taking it as it is, not depending on any changes. If 2.0 comes, fine, if not, I'm still good.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:37 PM
    Just need a little tweek.. and it's quite perfect..
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:42 PM
    Voted Yes.

Will I be even happier with the update? Yes to that too.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:45 PM
    I can't say I dislike OS1 but in comparing it to the OS2 beta I run on my other PB I see its limitations. The typing on OS1 alone is enough to appreciate the difference OS2 will bring. As a so called early adopter (June) this upgrade will finally make a great machine into the one to beat.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:50 PM
    I'll never get rid of the Playbook. Has been a brilliant travel companion so far.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:53 PM
    That DM7 fiasco has upset me so much (if anything puts at risk my Outlook sync, I go absolutely bonkers!), that I am a bit cautious about OS2. On the other hand, it is true that it should not have any impact on Outlook and I don't have anything vital I could not reload on my PB, so it does not matter that much after all.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:55 PM
    Happy...YES, .....Extremely Happy.....NO, Hopefully 2.0 will bring me total JOY
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 12:56 PM
    That DM7 fiasco has upset me so much (if anything puts at risk my Outlook sync, I go absolutely bonkers!), that I am a bit cautious about OS2. On the other hand, it is true that it should not have any impact on Outlook and I don't have anything vital I could not reload on my PB, so it does not matter that much after all.
    I use Outlook too and I love it! If RIM messes with that I'll freak out too, but not enough to break anything!
    02-16-12 01:12 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD