Since android has google chrome browser, will we be able to convert it for playbook?
    02-15-12 10:58 PM
    Since android has google chrome browser, will we be able to convert it for playbook?
    Google Chrome for the Android OS requires OS 4.01 and is still in beta. I'm guessing we'll get a go once the Android Player has been updated.

Crossing my fingers for a 2012 release.
    02-15-12 11:04 PM
    The Native Android Browser, Dolphin, is similar to Chrome, and is available on app world for OS 2.0.
    02-15-12 11:26 PM
    The native browser is very good. It is already faster in the OS 2 betas. Also, it will render HTML5 as good or better than Chrome.
    02-16-12 06:40 AM
    The Native Android Browser, Dolphin, is similar to Chrome, and is available on app world for OS 2.0.
    Dolphin is not the native android browser. Android's native browser is called Browser just like the Playbook.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-16-12 06:49 AM
    Why not just compile the chromium browser source code for the Playbook?
    02-16-12 09:00 PM
    Because the source code isn't made for QNX, aside from potential driver issues.
    Why does anyone think chrome would be better than the native Playbook browser? I have an android device (NookColor oc'ed to 1ghz, currently running nightly ICS builds) and the Playbook browser (IMO) is better than any Android browser.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-16-12 11:00 PM
    Agreed. My Android browsers (stock and otherwise) are OK. IPad is better outside of Flash. PB is best for most browsing cases thanks to webkit. WebOS is the worst for me with the exception of BBOS4 and 5 (nonBolt) which are some of the worst i still see coming from phone companies.

Just my personal feelings on it .
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    02-16-12 11:13 PM
    Because the source code isn't made for QNX, aside from potential driver issues.
    Why does anyone think chrome would be better than the native Playbook browser? I have an android device (NookColor oc'ed to 1ghz, currently running nightly ICS builds) and the Playbook browser (IMO) is better than any Android browser.
    Just got rid of my rooted NC and started playin with the Kindle Fire. Tried sooo many roms with both, and no android browser has even come close to the PB browser...
    02-17-12 06:54 AM
    Agreed. My Android browsers (stock and otherwise) are OK. IPad is better outside of Flash. PB is best for most browsing cases thanks to webkit. WebOS is the worst for me with the exception of BBOS4 and 5 (nonBolt) which are some of the worst i still see coming from phone companies.

Just my personal feelings on it .
    I'd agree pretty much 100% with that, although I'd add that the ICS browser might be better than iOS (although iOS is still better than older android stock browsers).

Just got rid of my rooted NC and started playin with the Kindle Fire. Tried sooo many roms with both, and no android browser has even come close to the PB browser...
    The ROM doesn't help much, they still use the stock Android browser. Dolphin is the best alternative there is IMO.
    What made you drop the NookColor for the Fire? They're essentially the same stats.
    02-17-12 11:00 AM
    The native browser is very good. It is already faster in the OS 2 betas. Also, it will render HTML5 as good or better than Chrome.
    I am sure I saw an article showing the HTML score for the Playbook Browser murders any other browser.
    02-17-12 11:53 AM
    What about firefox?
    02-17-12 04:31 PM
    it's likely that not all the android apps will be available on playbook, i guess.
    02-18-12 12:55 AM
    The ROM doesn't help much, they still use the stock Android browser. Dolphin is the best alternative there is IMO.
    What made you drop the NookColor for the Fire? They're essentially the same stats.
    Yeah but a stock nook color doesn't have the android browser. All I was saying is that the PB browser is tops. As far as mixing up the extra tablets... It's for fun. Oh, and the KF runs MUCH better than the NC (faster, stereo, etc, etc... It's pretty much a no-contest)
    02-18-12 09:29 AM
    I don't know anything about the stock nook color browser lol, I only had the Nook OS on there for about 5 minutes

Once you overclock your nook to 1ghz it runs much better.
    02-18-12 09:32 AM
    Funny, I din't even see that in your device list. I was runnin cm7 as well. It was pretty cool, definitely served it's purpose for a while with netflix, angry birds, etc. Looks like the PB is coming around though Tuesday should be sweet
    02-18-12 09:36 AM
    I have CM9 on there lol, it's pretty rough around the edges still though.
    Yeah, I took it off my device list cuz I rarely use it since I got the Playbook.
    02-18-12 09:38 AM
    It's still there:

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
    Device(s): OS6 9650, OS2 Playbook, CM7 NookColor
    Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

02-18-12 09:42 AM
    Lol! I thought I took it off. Can't see all that on mobile.
    02-18-12 09:44 AM
    I just wanted the browser app for the all the apps that come with it, there are tons. Has anyone had success with it for the pbook?
    06-19-12 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD