Here is gmail app.
    This might salvage u all
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11307286/Gmail_2.0.7/Gmail.jad
    Thanks to husain for posting this. I searched all over crackberry and found this tiny post buried in a question about the old gmail app. Took me almost 9 pages deep to find this.
    Very sad that a major app was just 'pulled' from blackberry users and there aren't 50 thousand repeat threads on cb with a mirror download. Its a ghost town in here lately
    hanbok, illitero and coco123456789 like this.
    02-15-12 05:59 PM
    Posting as a link to make it easier...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11307286/Gmail_2.0.7/Gmail.jad
    AndrePrev and BB_BoldLover64 like this.
    02-16-12 07:54 AM
    Thanks to husain for posting this. I searched all over crackberry and found this tiny post buried in a question about the old gmail app. Took me almost 9 pages deep to find this.
    Very sad that a major app was just 'pulled' from blackberry users and there aren't 50 thousand repeat threads on cb with a mirror download. Its a ghost town in here lately
    Not that sad when you consider that you can just set up a gmail account on the phone without needing the app. My main email account is on gmail.
    02-16-12 11:36 AM
    Not that sad when you consider that you can just set up a gmail account on the phone without needing the app. My main email account is on gmail.
    Certain google apps based emails don't work through native email on the phone. For the longest time I couldn't add my school email address to the native email setup, however this gmail app worked.
    02-16-12 04:58 PM
    This is hosted on my dropbox account.

I'd prefer if folks used this link just so I can have a better idea of how many downloads I'm serving:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....0.7/Gmail.jad

In the last 3 months that link has been hit almost 9000 times. I suspect the file has been downloaded a whole lot more if folks are direct linking.
    BaneK likes this.
    02-16-12 05:03 PM
    And if traffic gets too heavy, I will be pulling it. Just sayin'. I'm not google. I'm just a nice guy (who needs access to his dropbox for things other than serving this Gmail app).
    02-16-12 05:04 PM
    And if traffic gets too heavy, I will be pulling it. Just sayin'. I'm not google. I'm just a nice guy (who needs access to his dropbox for things other than serving this Gmail app).
    Oh my god! Wow, didn't know husein pulled it off you. 9000 downloads, and you don't work for google. Thank you wu...."Wuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!"
    02-17-12 04:50 PM
    Oh my god! Wow, didn't know husein pulled it off you. 9000 downloads, and you don't work for google. Thank you wu...."Wuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!"
    No worries at all...I'm glad to provide the files for so many users who miss this app.

I just don't want to see my dropbox get suspended for too much traffic, but this is a fairly small app after all.
    02-17-12 05:05 PM
    All credit to fellow CB user wu-wei.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 02-18-12 at 03:41 AM.
    02-18-12 01:57 AM
    No worries at all...I'm glad to provide the files for so many users who miss this app.

I just don't want to see my dropbox get suspended for too much traffic, but this is a fairly small app after all.
    EXTREMELY SORRY. SORRY.
    I didn't know that its ur dropbox account or for that matter anyone elses. b'coz of my utterly lazy being I didn't even bother to read the URL. Extremely sorry once again.
    PS: I had found ur gmail app while googling frm a website which directed me to direct installation w/o redirecting me to uploaders account.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 02-18-12 at 03:43 AM.
    02-18-12 03:40 AM
    EXTREMELY SORRY. SORRY.
    I didn't know that its ur dropbox account or for that matter anyone elses. b'coz of my utterly lazy being I didn't even bother to read the URL. Extremely sorry once again.
    PS: I had found ur gmail app while googling frm a website which directed me to direct installation w/o redirecting me to uploaders account.
    No worries at all....we're good.

I know there are other direct links out there. Doesn't really bother me because it's not an app I developed. I'm just mindful of traffic and wanted to have a sense of how much is being used.

As I've said before, I'm happy to provide the OTA files for all the folks who like/need/miss/want this app. I think it's unfortunate Google decided to stop making it available. If they're going to stop development and support that's fine...but one would think they would still keep the app available.
    02-18-12 02:09 PM
    This is hosted on my dropbox account.

I'd prefer if folks used this link just so I can have a better idea of how many downloads I'm serving:

In the last 3 months that link has been hit almost 9000 times. I suspect the file has been downloaded a whole lot more if folks are direct linking.
    hi!

thx a thousand+ downloads for http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...il-app-698060/

but if this ever goes away
    I'd like to have it on my drop box

what files do I need?

can you please let me download the files that I need

can you email them to me at wpb317 at gggggmail.com

thank you,
    - Andrei
    02-26-12 02:02 PM
    Hi

how can i download the file without haveing drobbox?(i have never used it)
    Thank you
    03-23-12 08:17 AM
    Hi

how can i download the file without haveing drobbox?(i have never used it)
    Thank you
    You don't need dropbox to download the app - that's just where I am hosting it. Just click this link in your phone's browser:

hanbok and austriker like this.
    03-23-12 08:21 AM
    I hosted this as well in case WuWei's link generates too much traffic.
    http://www.scrapps.tk/blackberry/OS6...mail/Gmail.jad
    03-23-12 09:36 PM
    I just tried the link provided by wu-wei. It appears to download and install, but the app doesn't run. Something happens when I click the app, because the phone is busy for a few seconds (can't scroll or do any actions), then everything works again, but the app hasn't looaded. Any suggestions? Bold 9900 with OS 7.1.0.267
    03-26-12 11:12 PM
    The App downloaded fine on my 9900 running 7.1

Perfect thanks
    03-31-12 11:49 AM
    Well I just uploaded the app to my 9780. It works fine!
    And right now I just made a first LOGIN...just as I was saying to you that it doesn't work! well IT WORKS!
    04-02-12 04:37 AM
    Mine too is working fine.
    04-02-12 08:46 AM
    **Tip-
    I noticed the "search mail" feature, when clicked from the menu of my 9930, does nothing at all.....BUT, try this:
    Hit search, type your keyword, hit enter, and your search begins. You will be typing your keyword blindly, so be sure to type the word correctly, hit enter and bam, results will show! Hmm, I just had dejavu that I typed this tip once before.
    Ecm and svelt like this.
    04-03-12 11:39 PM
    Hi all,
    Is this the most updated version? I'm surprised it hasn't changed in years and there's no new email notification...
    05-03-12 02:19 AM
    RIM-CodeModuleGroup: Gmail:Google
    MIDlet-Name: Gmail
    MIDlet-Vendor: Google
    MIDlet-Version: 2.0.7
    MIDlet-Description: Google Mail
    RIM-COD-URL: GoogleMail.cod
    RIM-COD-Module-Name: Gmail

For respect to the original poster I will not include the COD file here. Extracted from my BlackBerry using BBSak.

Installed and running fine on my 9810.
    05-03-12 06:13 AM
    Hi all,
    Is this the most updated version? I'm surprised it hasn't changed in years and there's no new email notification...
    Yes, this was the last version Google published. It was pulled after Google decided to discontinue support for a native BlackBerry email app. Not unlike their recent announcement they were ending support for Google Sync. Whatever features this offers...well, that's all you get. No new versions coming. Probably ever.
    05-03-12 07:07 AM
    Please find attached COD working version of GOOGLE MAIL - GMAIL 2.0.7 old and discontinued application

Worked for me no probs installing it via BBSAK on my BB9300 curve 2.0.7
    06-09-12 07:21 AM
    Thank you so much! I was sent a replacement Tour the other day & was upset when I saw there was no Gmail app for us. I went so far as to look at my backups but did not see any for it so I wasn't sure if it was something I downloaded or that originally came with the phone. Where is the file located on my old cell? I'd love to try to find it
    06-17-12 11:21 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD