Recently, i have decided to put my 9800 to rest since it has a few mechanical issues thanks to my negligence. i went into a local AT&T store and inquired about the 9810. The rep stated that the phone has a lot of freeze issues and it has a high return rate. He went on to suggest the 9900. I kindly declined his offer to walk over to the 9900 as I'm saving my funds for BB10.

Can anyone confirm these allegations? i find it sketchy that he was trying to sell me a more expensive model.
    02-15-12 11:00 AM
    Well I have 9810 for 4 months never freezes and I'm a heavy user but depends if you have tons of apps and music and videos in the phone that is why i have everything on my sd card only apps are on phone memory good luck
    02-15-12 11:08 AM
    Recently, i have decided to put my 9800 to rest since it has a few mechanical issues thanks to my negligence. i went into a local AT&T store and inquired about the 9810. The rep stated that the phone has a lot of freeze issues and it has a high return rate. He went on to suggest the 9900. I kindly declined his offer to walk over to the 9900 as I'm saving my funds for BB10.

Can anyone confirm these allegations? i find it sketchy that he was trying to sell me a more expensive model.
    Happily, no freezes in 6 months.
    02-15-12 11:38 AM
    I don't have any issues and I think his opinion depends on what he's comparing it to.
    02-15-12 12:06 PM
    I only had my 9810 freeze once, but I blame a crappy app update for that. I was updating a weather app & after it installed, I tried opening it & it ended up freezing. I don't blame Blackberry for that, and even when I had my Bold 9700, I never had freeze issues with that either.

In the end, I've had the Torch 9810 for just over a month now & I have had no problems with it at all. It's a solid Blackberry, as always
    02-15-12 12:17 PM
    With the stock TMO firmware my 9810 lag a lot with hourglass often. Upgraded to 7.1 hardly see any lag except installing app.
    02-15-12 12:39 PM
    I don't have freeze issues with my 9810. I've had it since release last August. I had a 9800 before that. I have had the occasional non-responsiveness to keyboard presses. Opening the slider and closing it again seems to fix that. I suspect it's an issue with my screen lock program.

One thing I did, and also did on the 9800, was to turn off compression on the SD card in Options. I find I get far fewer "spinning clocks" with that compression off.

Coming from a 9800, I think you'll love the 9810. It has what was great about the 9800, but even better.
    02-15-12 01:29 PM
    thanks everyone for your input!

i just got back from a different ATT store and i wanted to view the white torch 2. He (the rep) also tried to sell me the bold. I'm assuming the reps are getting special merits of some sort for selling the bold.
    02-15-12 03:46 PM
    just an fyi, the rep also slipped and stated that BB will be rolling out new devices "soon". i know it was just a ploy to get me to buy a newer model BB
    02-15-12 03:51 PM
    HELP! I have a 9810 and I'm experiencing a plethora of lag time I don't have many apps on my phone and my videos and pics are on my card, but my phone is lagging/stalling at least 20 times every hour. I've did the compression thing, deleted any and all apps I dont use and do so many battery pulls thay my head is spinning. What shall I do? Get a replacement phone? I"m at wits end! Help!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-29-12 03:06 PM
    Remove your sdcard and use the phone for a day. See if it still freezes. If not then it's a sdcard issue.

If not, i'd do a minimal backup, upgrade to 7.1.0.258 wiping your data, and then restore the backup.
    Last edited by papped; 02-29-12 at 05:53 PM.
    02-29-12 04:18 PM
    Only time I see hourglass is when DL and/or Installing in AppWorld. This is the case for me both when I used stock OS and now with leak 7.1.
    02-29-12 05:39 PM
    My phone freezer everytime I lock it. There is no hourglass, its just non responsive
    03-01-12 12:14 AM
    Are you using a case?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 01:03 AM
    Nope! No case
    03-01-12 01:06 AM
    My 9900 is freezing on my quite a bit lately. It does the hourglass freeze sometimes and others it will just freeze showing no response to anything, not even the little arrows in the right hand corner up top. I'm not too sure what the deal is, I'm waiting on 7.1 to be released for my carrier, but I might end up installing another carriers version.
    03-01-12 01:49 AM
    My 9900 is freezing on my quite a bit lately. It does the hourglass freeze sometimes and others it will just freeze showing no response to anything, not even the little arrows in the right hand corner up top. I'm not too sure what the deal is, I'm waiting on 7.1 to be released for my carrier, but I might end up installing another carriers version.
    There is no difference in versions from carrier to carrier as long as the update number is the same. If AT&T releases 7.1.0.258 and so does Verizon, they are the same. If there is a leak (non-carrier approved) of 7.1.0.258, it is the same as the carrier approved versions. The only difference is in how you install them.

I would go ahead an update to the latest for the 9900 which I think is .262.
    03-01-12 10:04 AM

My 9810 had major freezing issues. Sufficiently frustrated me that I actually went and bought another phone outright so I could have some reliability. End of the line for me is when I needed to make a "911" call and the thing froze. Luckily I carry a 9780 for work which is stripped to nothing, and is amazingly reliable.

I realize the standard CrackBerry response is that I should reload the OS, or update - but I just wasn't willing to keep fighting with my BB anymore. Felt like I was always doing something preventative or reactive to keep the thing going properly.

Happily, no freezes in 6 months.
    I wish this was me. App World killed my phone regularly, just pushing the screen up to get the keyboard, and after a phone call my touch screen wouldn't work for a few minutes. Irritating.

This isn't posted as "BB Hate;" if BB10 is any good I will come back and I am still loving my PB, however, I really don't think the 9810 is a great device.
    03-01-12 11:45 PM
    My 9810 runs fine on the .258 leak.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 01:55 AM
    Mine freezes every once in awhile. When it gets bad, I shut down and do a battery pull, and im up and running again. I'm planning on updating once I get my comp problems sorted out.
    03-02-12 08:15 PM
    Well since I updated to .583, my phone no longer freezes every few minutes...doesn't freeze at all now!
    03-04-12 08:35 AM
    Switched a week ago from the 9800 to the 9810. I've been having major issues with non-responsiveness due to huge data flying.. Not that I am doing anything to cause the data arrows to fly but at least twice a day for about 15 min or so, my arrows fly like a mosquito on crack.. Can't do anything during that time.. I am assuming it's an att issue..
    03-04-12 09:03 AM
    Switched a week ago from the 9800 to the 9810. I've been having major issues with non-responsiveness due to huge data flying.. Not that I am doing anything to cause the data arrows to fly but at least twice a day for about 15 min or so, my arrows fly like a mosquito on crack.. Can't do anything during that time.. I am assuming it's an att issue..
    try a battery pull or two and see if it straightens it out. if not maybe youre 9810 has issues, just take it back to att and get a new one. shouldnt be a problem if u have the receipt . last thing u can try is to install 7.1 os if youre not currently running it.
    03-04-12 10:04 AM
    Going back to the OP, the AT&T rep also tried to sell me on the Bold. When I was also in the AT&T store, I asked the rep if there were reports of the 9900 stopped working. He kind of thought about it and said no, but he wanted me to elaborate. I told him I've read that there were some reports of consumers charging the phone overnight and the phone did not turn back on. He then said that he does remember of just one incident that he knew of that that had happened.

I then asked him about any issues with Torch and he said there were more complaints/returns for the Torch, so he recommended the Bold. One specific thing he mentioned was some customers complained about the battery life. In any case, I'll still go for the Torch when I upgrade.

I also asked him why AT&T raised the price of the Torch when the phone has already been out on the market for 6 months. I wasn't really expecting a genuine answer but he said, "I don't know. AT&T seems to be the only company to do that." After he said this, he gave one of those, "I know what you mean" kind of chuckle.
    03-05-12 09:49 PM
    hmm.. I have my 9810 for 3 months and up and still not a single freeze? I had never update it though..
    03-08-12 04:44 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD