Source

So this is kind of strange. I don't use Instant Streaming, can anybody confirm that it's blocked?
    02-14-12 11:25 AM
    Streaming fine for me - just checked it.
    02-14-12 11:38 AM
    It was blocked last week but seems to be working fine now.
    02-14-12 11:45 AM
    I don't use it either but recently began thinking about trying. It's alarming if our choices become limited to just Apple and Google products. Thanks for posting this.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-12 11:47 AM
    Sorry to say - it seems some content is blocked or should I say - requires an update for streaming. From my short test, I could get TV episodes to run but not movies? I will run a few more to be sure.
    I would have to call BS on the flash update since it runs the movies fine for about 20 seconds.....
    02-14-12 11:55 AM
    Kinda reminds me of the Movie Tucker. Someone came out with a better product and the big boys killed it.
    The Playbook has better specs than the pathetic Kindle Fire and even the iPad2. However, they are keeping content from BlackBerry in an effort to get us to buy their crap.
    Fortunately, there are always alternatives and all apple an amazon are doing is giving up my business.
    I use 7 digital to buy music now instead of iTunes or Amazon MP3. I use Kobo instead of Kindle. I use ReutersInsider instead of Bloomberg.

I don't care if it is Apple or Amazon because I don't support them and never will again. I though Microsoft was bad but Apple is worse.

I'm sticking with my BlackBerry 9930 and my Playbook. Every time I see something like this it just increases my conviction that I don't want to let these two dominate the market. Maybe the will or already do but it won't be from me. I know where I stand.

Go RIM!
    ralfyguy, CDM76, kemj and 11 others like this.
    02-14-12 11:57 AM
    I just tried and I get an error message a few moments into the video saying I need to update Adobe Flash. This is BS ...Amazon is trying to push their Kindle Fire and that's why they're disabling support for the PB; it has absolutely nothing to do with the flash version on the PB, if that were the case, the video would not play from the beginning. Amazon is starting to be EVIL
    kenorian likes this.
    02-14-12 12:08 PM
    I just tried and I get an error message a few moments into the video saying I need to update Adobe Flash. This is BS ...Amazon is trying to push their Kindle Fire and that's why they're disabling support for the PB; it has absolutely nothing to do with the flash version on the PB, if that were the case, the video would not play from the beginning. Amazon is starting to be EVIL

Did you try streaming tv episodes - they are still working for me but movies will not.
    02-14-12 12:13 PM
    Did you try streaming tv episodes - they are still working for me but movies will not.
    I actually had posted this in another thread but it doesn't matter. The fact that you are able to watch streamed tv episodes vs movies is just another confirmaton that they are trying to block PB's out of the stream. There shouldn't be any difference between streaming movies and tv episodes. Anyways, just pure BS from Amazon. I hope more people would start boycotting these other players. We need diversity...and people like Apple or Kindle or whatever, that's fine, but don't leave us only with those as the only choices.
    kylecowan likes this.
    02-14-12 12:27 PM
    TV episodes work but movies not. I just sent them a email letting them know I was very upset. This is the main reason why I paid for my Amazon Prime membership.
    02-14-12 12:33 PM
    There are a couple threads regarding this issue and so far there's no clear answer. Some people recommended installing simplebrowser+. I did and it works fine, I used it five min ago. So far I've only had problems with one tv show. But even with simplebrowser+ lots of folks are saying that some shows/movies work and others don't. Makes me think that could be a server issue.
    02-14-12 12:35 PM
    Just let them block their crap. Makes me even more stubborn and more if a hater. I will not let them force me to buy anything else. I'll never subscribe to their stuff if they try to get me to this way. PB rules!!!!!
    02-14-12 12:45 PM
    Ok just tried to stream with the native browser and was able to pick up the movie I was streaming with the simplebrowser+ right where it left off. However, when I tried an show episode from my library, stuff I paid for, it won't let me!
    02-14-12 12:54 PM
    Some TV shows get the error, while others do not. My 10yr old is really upset that he can't watch "Star Trek, Deep Space Nine" anymore, but it seems like all of the rest we like are OK.
    02-14-12 12:56 PM
    Well...Glad I read this post, was almost and Amazon prime member. Not going to waste my time now. I guess it's there lost revenue. Only way to show these companies is not to continue on with their paid services. I know it's not popular, but when these companies loose enough money they will learn..
    pbbd002 likes this.
    02-14-12 01:11 PM
    Prime Member, I have just got done watching a few episodes of Greys Anatomy
    02-14-12 01:16 PM
    Start sending angry emails boys and girls, this is crap and were not gonna take it. Here you go:
    Amazon.com Help: Contact Customer Service
    02-14-12 01:16 PM
    Before everybody starts marching with their pitchforks... consider for a moment that perhaps it wasn't intentional on Amazon's part. It could very well turn out that it was a blunder, and could be fixed.

Just sayin.
    02-14-12 01:23 PM
    Source

So this is kind of strange. I don't use Instant Streaming, can anybody confirm that it's blocked?
    It works fine for me!

Some Amazon content will not work out of the US. Perhaps the streaming is being blocked for Canadians.
    02-14-12 01:24 PM
    Some TV shows get the error, while others do not. My 10yr old is really upset that he can't watch "Star Trek, Deep Space Nine" anymore, but it seems like all of the rest we like are OK.
    Star Trek DS9?!? Sir, you've raised your son right!
    BigRedJim, Lhendr and Ferretling like this.
    02-14-12 01:28 PM
    I was online last night watching "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" & it worked fine. This was huge, since my wife has a Kindle Fire, & Netflix isn't available yet on the PB. We share the Amazon Prime all the time. Makes me a happy camper.
    02-14-12 01:32 PM
    i tried it last nite. no go. got d error flash update needed.
    02-14-12 01:36 PM
    i tried it last nite. no go. got d error flash update needed.
    From what I understand, it shouldn't work for you guys in Canada anyways.
    02-14-12 01:46 PM
    It works fine for me!

Some Amazon content will not work out of the US. Perhaps the streaming is being blocked for Canadians.
    Not working here in Illinois and I have been using it since April.
    02-14-12 02:00 PM
    Before everybody starts marching with their pitchforks... consider for a moment that perhaps it wasn't intentional on Amazon's part. It could very well turn out that it was a blunder, and could be fixed.

Just sayin.
    No, no... already, there has been one proclamation of the Evil World Order created by Amazon and Apple to attack PB owners.
    02-14-12 02:01 PM
143 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD