I have the AT&T Bold 9900
    Is there a way I can get rid of those ghetto no-good apps and games that AT&T preinstalls on my device?
    All except WORD MORE & BRICK BREAKER. They're annoying
    I like how they allow Android devices to delete them. Idiots
    02-13-12 10:10 PM
    Actually, i bought an android phone from TMobile before and they had apps that came pre-installed and couldn't be removed so I had to root the device to take them off.

The only way to do that is to see if they allow you to uncheck the software when you update/reinstall the os. Otherwise use another carrier's os
    02-14-12 12:02 AM
    You mean those weird ones? If you try to hook it up to your computer, you might be able to do so via desktop manager.

I remember I had the 9000 a while back, and I saw these games come out of no where. I found out after selecting one of them, that it was a link to download the said game. I might be wrong, but as far as I know, they don't eat any space on your device. If I am wrong, please correct me.
    02-14-12 12:07 AM
    I have the AT&T Bold 9900
    Is there a way I can get rid of those ghetto no-good apps and games that AT&T preinstalls on my device?
    All except WORD MORE & BRICK BREAKER. They're annoying
    I like how they allow Android devices to delete them. Idiots
    Those can't be removed permanently because they are pushed to your phone by Carrier as Service Books, you can delete these but as soon as you restart or send service books these will come back unfortunately. But an easy solution is to create a Junk folder, add all of these there and just hide the Junk folder.
    02-14-12 12:29 AM
    They are NOT apps, just links to download and install apps - and as the poster above states...hide them in a folder and hide the folder. The memory they occupy isn't worth discussing. No big deal...
    02-14-12 07:08 AM
    Just to add - create a folder on your home screen and move the apps from home screen or from within home screen folders, then hide that new folder.
    02-14-12 03:18 PM
    They are NOT apps, just links to download and install apps - and as the poster above states...hide them in a folder and hide the folder. The memory they occupy isn't worth discussing. No big deal...
    Exactly.... this has been around since OS5 maybe even OS4.

Just to add - create a folder on your home screen and move the apps from home screen or from within home screen folders, then hide that new folder.
    This is what I do... moved to download folder and then marked as hidden.
    02-14-12 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD