So I am up for an upgrade on april 16th. I just saw kevins blog with the bb10 pictures. I just want to know what you all think...upgrade in april? Or wait for bb10?
    See my main issue is, I do not want an all touch phone. I am on the torch now, and I never use the on screen keyboard. I love my bb keyboard.
    Also, will there be many apps right away? Or will it be like when os7 came out, and it takes awhile for devs to get it figured out? Will the playbook apps quickly be converted for 10? Since it is all qnx?

I could probably search all this, but I want to know everyones opinions.

The down side to waiting is...I'm on att...we all know how long the 9900 took to get here, I don't want to wait while all the other carriers have 10.

Also...rim...if you make a bb10 phone with a keyboard, and you change the layout, or move symbols around...I will die. That will keep me from upgrading to 10! I know where the ? And the ! Is. I know where ( and ) is. I know where all the punctuation and everything is. Pleaseeeee don't change that!
    02-13-12 07:42 PM
    One last thing...one reason I want to wait on bb10 is so all the bugs are worked out...
    02-13-12 07:45 PM
    I am considering the same thing. i have the torch 9800 now. i am eligible to upgrade to bold 9900 on att now. If I upgrade now, my upgrade to bb10 will be delayed until next April. I am not even sure bb10 will be available by then, so I don't think waiting is really beneficial.
    02-13-12 07:55 PM
    If it won't be available in 2012, ill get the 9900 for sure. I'm not waiting that long
    02-13-12 07:58 PM
    For me I will be switching back to blackberry when BB10 devices come out. I don't mind being a Ginny Pig. lol.. I feel that by then quite a few of the big bugs will be worked out because of playbook and many apps are being developed for the playbook as we speak so the transition for that to phone for developers should be a little easier so I think that the apps will be good. Once OS2 gets released for playbook I am pretty sure things will move a little quicker and this will help when BB10 devices are released.

another thing is to me if RIM messes this up than they are toast and they know that, so i am confident that it will be solid. I would wait and then if reviews are good and you like the devices after trying them go for it! IMO
    02-13-12 09:56 PM
    Lol we're all in the same boat. I'm on the 9800 myself and holding my upgrade from November. I figure as long as my Torch holds out, I'll wait on BB10. There supposed to be a keyboard device in the mix so I will try to wait it out. If not, I may have to learn to love the touch screen like my PlayBook.
    02-13-12 10:12 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    bold 9900 is pretty awesome .... go for it! ....
    sleepngbear likes this.
    02-13-12 10:36 PM
    It looks like the first phone will be all touch.

The Bold 9900 is iconic BlackBerry...it will still be cool when BB10 comes out.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    02-13-12 10:54 PM
    So I am up for an upgrade on april 16th. I just saw kevins blog with the bb10 pictures. I just want to know what you all think...upgrade in april? Or wait for bb10?
    See my main issue is, I do not want an all touch phone. I am on the torch now, and I never use the on screen keyboard. I love my bb keyboard.
    Also, will there be many apps right away? Or will it be like when os7 came out, and it takes awhile for devs to get it figured out? Will the playbook apps quickly be converted for 10? Since it is all qnx?

I could probably search all this, but I want to know everyones opinions.

The down side to waiting is...I'm on att...we all know how long the 9900 took to get here, I don't want to wait while all the other carriers have 10.

Also...rim...if you make a bb10 phone with a keyboard, and you change the layout, or move symbols around...I will die. That will keep me from upgrading to 10! I know where the ? And the ! Is. I know where ( and ) is. I know where all the punctuation and everything is. Pleaseeeee don't change that!
    All the apps on playbook will be on BB10. And any bugs that they find they will send out an update.. With the QNX system you can use your phone while it updates, the only phone that can do that... If best buy offers that free bb promotion i will grab ab 9900 while I wait...
    02-13-12 11:00 PM
    I think I'm going to get a 9900...I want to wait for the bb10 os...but I don't think I can hold out!
    I wonder if 10 will have nfc??
    Come on rim, let's "rock and roll this" and get bb10 out!
    02-14-12 04:01 PM
    My opinion is get the 9900 and enjoy it untill you feel it time to get a different phone. Os7 phones are great.
    02-14-12 06:01 PM
    I really think I will...I'm weak and I know I won't be able to wait...
    I really want a white 9900...I hope att releases one before april 16th!
    A guy at the att store said they don't make a white 9900...while a guy at best buy said he thinks they will have it by april.
    Guess I could always just replace the housing and keyboard
    02-14-12 08:59 PM
    yes that can, but you would void your warranty by it.
    and i'm not so keen changing housings when the phone is just brand new.
    maybe later on, i would search further or get the black one!! or you'd just wait.
    02-14-12 09:06 PM
    I won't change it right away. No way at all would I do that! I'd wait for the warranty to be over. We will see what's available in april and if white isn't there, good ole black here I come
    02-14-12 09:08 PM
    i did it haha, but that's because i dropped it two dents on the bezel.
    now i have a full black bezel on my bb ole.
    if you ask me black or white? black for sure. goodluck!
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    02-14-12 09:14 PM
    i have a style, really want the bold9900 but i am going to wait for the first bb10 phone that has a physical keyboard.
    02-14-12 09:20 PM
    haha funny how everyone wants to upgrade from the 9800 torch. I TOO am going through the same process, because i want a newer, more updated device, and the bb6 os isnt doing me much justice. i personally thought the bb10 devices were going to come next month or the month after. that is actually perfectly fine with me, but any longer would be a big nono ! im probably going to switch the the 9900.
    02-14-12 11:37 PM
    Anyone know if RIM has confirmed that bold style bb10 devices won't launch until 2013? I'm waiting also but if they delay the bold BB10 devices then I'm upgrading to a 9930. I just need to know if bold bb10 s dropping this year.... I will wait of Thats the case.
    02-15-12 07:00 AM
    I want to leave the torch because I'm tired of sliding the phone up to type. I like the keyboard right there and ready to go. I don't like sliding it. Other than that, the phone is fine with me.

And @twelvezero8 - they said it should be out this year. So we will see.
    02-15-12 09:36 AM
    I never heard that. All the rumors are stating that they are putting all their resources this year into the one touchscreen phone.
    02-15-12 11:31 AM
    get os 7 now because they ONLY bb10 phone they will be releasing this year is going to be the full touchscreen version.

the bold form factor wont be released until 2013.
    02-15-12 02:49 PM
    I'm sorry @twelve. I thought you meant any bb10 phone not the bold style
    02-15-12 03:39 PM
    Im going to wait for bb10. If you have waited so long, it will not hurt to wait a little longer for the real smartphones.
    Sawyerdoodle likes this.
    02-25-12 09:44 AM
    As a loyal BB fan I have been holding on to this Tour in hopes of making it to BB10. I just don't know what to do and waiting for BB10 is starting to turn into an unhealthy obsession.

Some of the rumors that I have seen, have BB launching a full touch and a bold or slider version in 2012. It is possible for me to wait, but I have been eligible for an upgrade for a year at this point.

Should I continue to stay strong and hold out for BB10 or pull the trigger on a 9930? I would love hear your thoughts. This is my first post.
    02-26-12 09:52 AM
    Welcome, ltcbfan!
    I wouldn't wait for BB10. I want a solid OS. I don't want to test beta versions...
    BB10 will have some bugs and problems when it's released. Look at PB OS2! For my PB, it's OK for me, but not for my phone. I will switch to BB10 when it works perfectly - and when they've released a device with physical keyboard.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-26-12 10:07 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD