I have a very odd email reconcilation error:

I have a BES user that does now seem to be able to have mail reconciled as it should. Email deleted from his BB does not leave his mailbox. Here is what I have tried so far:

- checked the settings for email reconcilation (Delete on handheld and mailbox enabled)
    - Did a battery pull
    - deleted the [cmime] service book then undeleted it
    - resend service books to the device
    - Did an OS reload on the device

After all that, email reconilation does not work for the user on this device.One really odd thing is that my email reconcilation works on my current device so I activated my account on this user's BB and it works!
    However, When I activate him and it does not work. The key appears to be the user's mailbox in this issue in that something hidden in his account is preventing email reconcialtion.

I think my next step is the clear his mailbox and see if that fixes it maybe even check his exchange mailbox rules

Anyone have any other ideas?
    02-13-12 05:26 PM
    Check this option if enabled under Organizer data Synchronization > Message Settings

Synchronization turned on
    02-14-12 05:50 PM
    I think I have the same issue: A user says he deletes mails from his BB, but the deleted mails don't dissapear from his Outlook.

About 2 weeks ago I've tried some settings, I switched (under reconcile) from "delete on both" to "prompt" and saved. I then switched it back to "delete on both" and saved.
    After this step, deleting a mail from his BB made the mail delete from Outlook as well.

Now, he reports he's having the same issue again! He's the only one of our 30+ BES users having this issue. I haven't ruled out PEBKC, but would like some advice or insight.

Edwintg, took me some searching, but I found the setting you refer to under Default Config in BES. For both dopegroove and I it only affects one user, this it can't be this general setting. It's set to yes, bidirectional and server wins for all.
    08-16-12 03:31 AM
    By default, a BES-activated BB will not delete from the mailbox when you delete from the handheld. It doesn't even ask. This is so that you dpon't empty your business mailbox with an errant finger touch on the BB. You can make it ask you by changing the setting under Default Services.
    08-26-12 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD