Hey guys,

I'm the developer behind such apps as-
    Panoramic
    Buy Panoramic - Download Panoramic - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Tweedless
    Free Tweedless - Download Tweedless - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Just wanted to give you guys a bit of a preview of my newest app. It was just submitted a bit ago for review. This app will allow you to AirPlay images to a 2nd Generation AppleTV from your Playbook.

If there's interest in this app I'll implement video Airplay for the Playbook. I've been able to implement on the desktop already however for Mobile/Playbook I'll need to do a slightly different implementation.

Anyways here are some screen shots from the app:

02-12-12 08:48 PM
    Hey, that's just what I want the most, I'll buy both and more if you can, like games, music.
    02-12-12 08:55 PM
    That is great work there, bring on the video mode also.
    I am sure that if the implementation is great with good performance then for sure it will be a big hit.
    02-12-12 08:57 PM
    make it a "screen mirror" app - something like what iOS5 does for the iPad...
    that way we can easy stream anything from the Playbook onto AppleTV2 device...

please...
    02-12-12 09:35 PM
    Unfortunately there's not too much information on screen mirroring. I've been thinking of ways to do it though.
    02-12-12 09:41 PM
    Unfortunately there's not too much information on screen mirroring. I've been thinking of ways to do it though.
    Hope you find a way :-) - perhaps there is a way to hook into the OS after the already built-in screen mirror function used for HDMI output...
    02-12-12 09:45 PM
    Bring it on! Will pay for app.
    02-12-12 09:47 PM
    any chance of getting it to work on 1st gen appletv? Maybe it doesn't support airplay I'm not too sure...
    02-12-12 09:55 PM
    any chance of getting it to work on 1st gen appletv? Maybe it doesn't support airplay I'm not too sure...
    As far as I know the 1st gen Apple TV doesn't support Airplay. Now if there's a way to allow it to support it my app should work with it.
    02-12-12 10:03 PM
    Playbook Airplay would be absolutely fantastic. It would fill the synergy void between my Playbook and Macbook Pro, Apple TV.
    02-13-12 01:10 AM
    Yes pleaaaaaase i would definitely buy that
    02-13-12 01:16 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. If this excitement reflects in sales I'll go for the video Airplay app also.
    02-13-12 09:10 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. If this excitement reflects in sales I'll go for the video Airplay app also.
    What's the name of your AirPlay picture app?
    02-13-12 09:19 AM
    It's simply called ImageAirplay. It's currently in review though. I can post here when it goes live.
    02-13-12 09:21 AM
    The pic app really doesn't interest me but would buy the video in a split second.
    Morten likes this.
    02-13-12 09:29 AM
    The pic app really doesn't interest me but would buy the video in a split second.
    The only issue is that for the Apple TV videos need to be a specific format of MP4. I've been looking into some possibilities.

But I'd feel bad in some ways to put out a video airplay app that could only play specific types of files however at the same time there maybe no solutions on mobile platforms.

Maybe what I'll do is put out the video app initially being only to pay those specific mp4 file types and then update later if I'm able to get other formats playing.
    andino and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-13-12 09:44 AM
    May I recommend one app that does image/video/pictures. No point in having a separate app for each thing. On a side note please update tweedless . I have a bunch of suggestions if you want.
    02-13-12 10:49 AM
    From a technical perspective it might be better to separate into separate apps because of memory management.

Have to look into it.

I have worked on a Tweedless update but it's a bit stalled right now. Tweedless is a pretty large application and I don't want to rush things.
    02-13-12 11:25 AM
    Well, first, thank you for this !
    You may note that OS2 should come with an "on air" multimedia streaming capability. Not sure yet it'll be on the first official release, but it is rumored to be. Neither do we know if it'll be DLNA or any other protocol enabled.
    Edit : Read Adam on this : http://crackberry.com/blackberry-wireless-media-server

While you're addressing AppleTV owners, it should have a tiny effect on your efforts, anyway. Good job, keep on !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-13-12 at 12:16 PM.
    02-13-12 12:07 PM
    awesome, i'm in. so is my wallet. would love pic and video streaming.
    02-13-12 12:13 PM
    Well, first, thank you for this !
    You may note that OS2 should come with an "on air" multimedia streaming capability. Not sure yet it'll be on the first official release, but it is rumored to be. Neither do we know if it'll be DLNA or any other protocol enabled.
    Edit : Read Adam on this : http://crackberry.com/blackberry-wireless-media-server

While you're addressing AppleTV owners, it should have a tiny effect on your efforts, anyway. Good job, keep on !
    Yeah there doesn't seem to be many details on this media server stuff but yeah my target is the Apple TV at this point.
    02-13-12 01:50 PM
    If you could do the mirroring of the display I'd buy it for sure. I already have xbmc on my apple tv 2 that can pull the images and movies off it.
    02-13-12 02:14 PM
    If you make an app that allows our playbook to send video audio or anything over airplay seriously I am buying it! For sure if you make one that can do it with the browser! That would be awesome
    02-24-12 05:44 PM
    If it does photos and music from my PlayBook to AppleTV, I will buy it.
    02-25-12 09:24 PM
    Ide love to be able to use airplay for audio to my pioneer receiver.
    02-28-12 09:29 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD