In the spirit of all of the "OS 2.0 will be released (insert your day) as confirmed by (insert your source)!!!!!11!!1!1!!!!1!!!!111!12", I wanted to see what kind of stories everyone could come up with to validate their sources. The idea here is to NOT be serious. I've skimmed through several of the threads and put together some examples:

justincase1911
    My friends little sister knows a guy who's mother talked to someone in the checkout line at K-Mart whose brother's girlfriend used to date a guy whose uncle works at RIM. He said that RIM will only release os2 on Feb. 30th. It's got to be true.

madman0141
    I used the ouija board then used rune stones, finally taking this answer divided by the total number of days that BlackBerry has been in business. The offical date of OS2 is September 22, 1982.

aloon69
    Confirmed.... It's april 1st.

On good word from a trusted source on some random website.

whitbags
    More reliably, my dog woofed twice and then crapped on the kitchen floor once. So 21 seemed to be looking good to me.

ericlc2
    Here is a new speculation due to the new BBdoodle posted by cb kevin, 'counting down the days and minutes' rather than counting down the weeks, one could interpet this to a 2/14 release, or a release within the next 7 days.
    lol

peter9477
    If you want a date, I heard one from a "reliable source": it will be out on February 29, 2012.

sam_b77
    I'm quite intuitive. I'm gonna call tomorrow.

amro
    i tied a friend who works for rim up to the mast of his boat and beat him into telling me the release date.

but i'm not telling you.

TheStanger
    I just hope that when 2.0 drops I'll be able to communicate with Christ himself. Otherwise I'm going to incessantly whine and moan on here about trivial bs.

sam_b77
    I'm quite intuitive. I'm gonna call tomorrow.

"This release was confirmed when representatives at multiple Best Buy (BBY) locations across the U.S. and Canada received word that the PlayBook OS 2.0 upgrade will be made available to the public on Tuesday, February 21."
    02-11-12 10:11 PM
    Okay, TRUE story

My oldest asked for Trix cereal for breakfast. I fixed her the usual bowl knowing full well she wouldn't eat it. After it sat on the table for the better part of the hour I finally tossed it into the toilet. As I flushed, it spun around but not all of it would go down. Once the water settled I counted 23 pieces were left. There you have it, 2/23/2012.
    02-11-12 10:22 PM
    not source based but i was thinking the "20th"

as in feb 20/ os 2.0 corny but hey...
    02-11-12 10:54 PM
    I repeat I am the most authoritative and reliable source. Don't listen to others. The update will be released within 18 days. Not a day later.

You have my permission to quote me on this.
    02-11-12 10:56 PM
    I heard from a reliable source that the native calendar app coming to the PB will have baked into it the lost pages that will continue the Mayan calendar thereby saving the planet from otherwise unavoidable doom!
    02-11-12 11:17 PM
    The release date is February 30. No, seriously, I called RIM 42 times today about the release date. They ignored me the first 41 times, but eventually they caved in. Persistence is the key, guys.

February 30, 2012. Mark your calendar.
    02-11-12 11:21 PM
    I heard from a reliable source that the native calendar app coming to the PB will have baked into it the lost pages that will continue the Mayan calendar thereby saving the planet from otherwise unavoidable doom!
    Yeah, that must be right, as I read that the word "Playbook" comes from the ancient Mayan "Plevook", which means, according to various sources, either "the Savior" or "the Almighty Master of Time".

Yours, Jaguar Paw
    axllebeer likes this.
    02-11-12 11:21 PM
    i know the sure date of release.

this friend of a friend was shared this date during a intimate moment.

so now i can also divulge this only during the same kind of moment.
    02-11-12 11:36 PM
    You see, we need RIM!
    02-11-12 11:40 PM
    I noticed during his Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle work out video that Kevin mentioned needing to be in shape so he can review apps....Looking at the video, you see that it says 3:18. Obviously that means that the release date is March 18th....Kevin wouldn't Lie

Oh & your viewing pleasure....
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqD9sqrUZ8&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
    02-12-12 12:06 AM
    the os 2.0 was found yesterday on a disc. the person carrying the disc was said to be drunk at a local pub when he accidentally dropped the disc.. hes now fired from the job and gone underground.. scared for the safety of his life..

rim claims that a lot of chinese developer man hours have been clocked into creating this unique product.. development pressures have caused several developers to sacrifice their lives..

rim confirmed the initial launch date of 7 feb to be real but the schedule was changed later due to a toxic blast within the coding lab.. this incident did not change much as the dead bodies and computer systems were simply chucked into the toxic rivers created by the development factory. the event was quickly forgotten as the product had to be launched on time...

well it has launched.. and now i have the os 2.0 over a fired employee.. a few dead bodies.. city with a toxic river..
    02-12-12 12:25 AM
    wtf is this "os 2.0" thing everyone keeps talking about?

TinRobot and Slabs1960 like this.
    02-12-12 01:20 AM
    the os 2.0 was found yesterday on a disc. the person carrying the disc was said to be drunk at a local pub when he accidentally dropped the disc.. hes now fired from the job and gone underground.. scared for the safety of his life..

rim claims that a lot of chinese developer man hours have been clocked into creating this unique product.. development pressures have caused several developers to sacrifice their lives..

rim confirmed the initial launch date of 7 feb to be real but the schedule was changed later due to a toxic blast within the coding lab.. this incident did not change much as the dead bodies and computer systems were simply chucked into the toxic rivers created by the development factory. the event was quickly forgotten as the product had to be launched on time...

well it has launched.. and now i have the os 2.0 over a fired employee.. a few dead bodies.. city with a toxic river..
    Are you talking about the iPlayBook? lol
    zethaaron and BB10FTW like this.
    02-12-12 01:22 AM
    well, my 87 year old granny play's gears of war 3 with a laggy mexican woman,(her words not mine), whom is 86 that works for a Canadian guy in Toronto, with a cousin that got high with some one in Ottowa. and she say's that it wii be feb 30th because her big toe started to swell as she booted her 2nd playbook up to get to the flash site for cheatcodes.com while trying to glich a private king of the hill match. i trust my cheating granny. please do not be offended by granny..this was not meant to be a jab at mexican internet speeds...but an attempt to prove the feb. 30th release date for OS v2.0
    Last edited by kerry6; 02-12-12 at 04:12 AM. Reason: grammer
    02-12-12 03:52 AM
    My birthday is in March. So OS 2.0 will be released on March 16, 2012.
    02-12-12 05:13 AM
    I stopped reading the original post after
    /
    whitbags
    More reliably, my dog woofed twice and then crapped on the kitchen floor once. So 21seemed to be looking good to me.
    /
    How could this be refuted. I wish he woofed only once but we can't blame the messenger.
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-12-12 06:06 AM
    Apparently Thorsten likes palindromes, so it will be 21 Feb i.e. 21 02 2012.......
    diegonei, Thunderbuck and DAnklaud like this.
    02-12-12 07:24 AM
    I was on video chat with Thor (that's what friends call him and he hates it) this morning as we do every sunday and he said it has been released already, but only people in Bhutan seem to be getting it.

RIM is investigating it since Feb 1st and still can't explain it...

Attached Thumbnails Playbook OS 2.0 will be released day after TOMORROW (Satire)-true.png  
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-12-12 07:31 AM
    lol you guys crack me up
    its going to be released 2 weeks before a big convention wich is roughly 17 of february
    why 2 weeks.. because they will have all personel at their office to maintain control of the situation when it overloads the servers
    again im not serious but it would be nice to see it this week
    02-12-12 07:49 AM
    Feb 14th....LOVE what you do
    02-12-12 07:50 AM
    I noticed during his Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle work out video that Kevin mentioned needing to be in shape so he can review apps....Looking at the video, you see that it says 3:18. Obviously that means that the release date is March 18th....Kevin wouldn't Lie

Oh & your viewing pleasure....
    This is truly an amazing coincidence (conspiracy?) given that the actual release date is 3.17. However most folks won't see it until 3.18 due to time zone issues... Spooky!
    02-12-12 08:14 AM
    I repeat I am the most authoritative and reliable source. Don't listen to others. The update will be released within 18 days. Not a day later.

You have my permission to quote me on this.
    Don't follow kennyliu! He's consistently provided misinformation and unreliable predictions.

I posses the One True Knowledge about the release of OS 2.0, and I say that it will be released on or before February 29.

All others are false prophets. Follow the Gourd! No, wait, it is a shoe! It is a shoe!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-12-12 08:23 AM
    OS2 is already out but it's locked and hidden. there's a secret room in Modern Combat 2 that you can only find on Hard difficulty. Once inside you must defeat the Thundercats and loot the Sword of Omens for the achievement to unlock OS2.
    02-12-12 08:53 AM
    i dont even care about os 2.0 anymore..wheres that room with the thundercats?
    02-12-12 09:17 AM
    send me a pm and give me like 5 mins.... then hit the update button.
    02-12-12 09:20 AM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD