I bought a second battery off e-bay (make sure it's a reliable looking seller, and don't buy from Hong Kong or something stupid) and my grievances have been solved (except for the damn dust under the screen).

With moderate usage throughout the day, and 2-4 hours of heavy browsing and music streaming simultaneously, my battery will be done by about 6 PM, starting at 6:30 AM. Since I bought a second battery, it hasn't been a problem having to charge it anymore. Since the batteries are so thin, I just keep my spare one in my wallet and I don't even notice it. It's brilliant.

I bought my second battery for $20, great investment.
    02-11-12 05:09 PM
    that's also a way to not worry about your battery life.
    since it's thin and easy to take it with you, pull out the drained battery put in the new one.
    easy and convient when you really need some more battery juice to have the job done.
    i'm fine with just one battery, since i'm mostly at work my battery life is good.
    been off the charge from 15:00PM and with moderate usage and checking mails & bbms,groups.
    SMS incoming all the way, and now 00:20AM next day it's at 75%.
    auto updates is high beweather is about 6+ hours and i have nothing else that will auto,
    update on the background. i will auto update it all byself just one click ezmode.
    02-11-12 05:22 PM
    I posted that tip to someone yesterday haha.

Thats all I do so I dont get caught short.

Makes sense
    02-11-12 05:35 PM
    I bought the external battery charger RIM makes. It comes with an extra battery. I didn't buy it because of battery life problems though. I just hate using my phone while its plugged in. I was the same way with the storms and 9650 battery.

Also doing it this way is great for keeping track of your battery life. QL can display your uptime and battery % with the device info function. So once my battery does get low I make it a habbit to check how long my phone has been on before I swap the batteries.

It usually ranges from 26 to 28 hours. Not sure why I see so many people claim the battery life sucks on these phones, all I know is my 9930 lasts a lot longer than my 9650 did.
    02-11-12 07:23 PM
    i m home a lot so i found the cradle super super useful. just saying.
    02-11-12 10:13 PM
    Is it also true that if I was to buy an extra batter with more power, and its not a RIM battery, I would need to 'clone' it something like that? I've never heard of that, that's why I'm asking.

thanks in advance
    02-12-12 02:58 AM
    I always have it with me. I can go 2.5 to 3 days without plugging it in!
    02-12-12 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD