I emailed the devs of GLWG about whether or not they were going to support the PB Android store. As you can guess from the title, they will be. :-) GLWG is the turn-based strategy game since Advanced Wars for the Game Boy. Can't wait to have it on the PB :-D
    02-10-12 04:26 AM
    I hadn't heard of this till you posted but it looks great, sort of like a bird's eye view version of Worms. Too awesome!
    02-10-12 04:56 AM
    Got the Andriod version as part of their $.10 10 billion app deal during the holidays. Still haven't tried it out though.
    02-10-12 05:02 AM
    I like that. Will surely buy it.
    02-10-12 05:03 AM
    its a great game! I tried converting it over but wouldnt work. Cant wait to see this in App World
    02-10-12 07:05 AM
    Will Definitely pick this up for PB when available. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and Advance Wars: Dual Strike are the reason I (still) have a Nintendo DS. Having lots of kids means I get lots of electronic hand me downs!! I will soon be inheriting a lot more ipods and droids. I usually keep one if I like it and sell the rest on line!!
    02-10-12 08:53 AM
    Looks like a fun game. I'll definitely pick it up when it's available.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    02-10-12 08:55 AM
    For people who don't know what this is, here's a video.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxy8ibTK7lY[/YT]
    02-10-12 09:18 AM
    I've been trolling app world daily for this game. Anyone have any idea when it is coming to App World?
    02-23-12 01:23 PM
    Wow looks cool, will have to pick this up.
    02-23-12 02:28 PM
    Will look forward to this coming out, i play it all the time on my android devices.
    03-06-12 03:25 AM
    Waiting for it here as well. Brilliant game!
    03-13-12 03:49 PM
    I'm usually not that much into the war games kinda stuff. Always used to have this personal view that violence in games gave the wrong message... I'm a girl after all Apparently I opened my mind up a bit. Modern Combat actually became the 1st exception when I found it for free, I'm not good at it but it appears I kind of like FPS - but that's another story.

This just looks soooo much fun though from that vid! I'm definitely gonna keep my eyes open for it
    03-13-12 04:16 PM
    Looks awesome can't wait.
    03-13-12 06:58 PM
    It might be a good idea for others to email the devs expressing interest as well (Rubicon Development). After all, we are fairly low in the pecking order of tablets ;-)
    03-13-12 07:10 PM
    I got confirmation. I sent them an e-mail earlier today, and about 30 minutes later, I get this:

You heard right, we're into Beta with it now so it won't even be too long. Not sure on pricing yet but we're not out to gouge anybody - we just need to see how big BB's cut is going to be.

Thanks for your support!

Regards, Paul Johnson.
    Rubicon Development
    (The gouge comment is because I said I'd buy it at almost any price.)
    darktoy and Jince like this.
    03-23-12 09:17 AM
    Great news! Support the Devs! I've played the demo on the iPAD it's a lot of fun. Look fwd to this one on the PB for sure!!

It is native and it is fast! just like you would expect from a high quality app or game.
    Last edited by FreeJACLive; 03-30-12 at 08:33 AM.
    03-23-12 09:50 AM
    I got the game for 10 cents in Android's 10 billion app sale too. I played with it a bit, not quite my forte but I kept it. The .apk does convert to .bar but always force closes (I know, shame shame for a personal app, but twas to be personal use only lol). Good luck development team!
    03-23-12 10:58 AM
    Steven Haggerty from Rubicon Development posted the following in another message board about two weeks ago about Great Little War Game on the Playbook.

"Getting a great framerate on the Playbook now too, even with the fancy water-shader cranked up."

He is running into some trouble as his last post was titled "More Native Pain" but other developers chimed in and helped him/them out.

The good news is that it seems like it is not going to be an Android port but a Playbook built application.
    03-26-12 03:15 PM
    Wow, cant wait! Thank goodness it is looking good to be a native app and not a port!
    Denus likes this.
    03-26-12 04:56 PM
    this game looks alot of fun great that devs are creating a native app not just a port over will surely buy my copy when it arrives
    03-26-12 05:14 PM
    Will buy too, looks great.
    03-27-12 02:22 AM
    If it's native, then I'm a buyer too
    03-27-12 06:35 AM
    I'm in can't wait for its release
    03-27-12 11:05 AM
    Just got this reply from the game developers.

"We're actually in late Beta for a proper native version.

I suggest joining our forum and/or twitter for announcements soonish. Can find both on our website.

Thanks!

Regards, Paul Johnson.
    www.rubicondev.com"
    03-27-12 11:45 AM
155 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD