How can I unlock BB torch 9800. I asked ATT to help me and they said it is exclusive to ATT so it cannot be unlocked.
    02-08-12 01:36 PM
    Call them back. How long have you had the phone?

You can also try searching the forum. There are a zillion threads on unlocking.
    02-08-12 02:05 PM
    You'll need to make use of a company/ individual who provides unlocking services (AT&T may not be willing to unlock it).

Read this sub forum:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/

Or this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-codes-687545/
    02-08-12 02:10 PM
    Just go to Free My Blackberry.

I see no point in calling AT&T when you can do it yourself.

I did it, and my BlackBerry Torch (on AT&T) is unlocked. :P
    02-08-12 04:26 PM
    How can I unlock BB torch 9800. I asked ATT to help me and they said it is exclusive to ATT so it cannot be unlocked.
    You can unlock it instantly via one of the unlockers here.
    02-08-12 07:57 PM
    use a turbo sim , i use right now at main and its with mep 0 left.. and it`s work!!
    02-12-12 12:49 PM
    That's BS. The rep you got on the phone was just being an A**. When I had my Curve 8310, I wanted it unlocked to use it in the Dominican Republic because I was going on vacation over there. I called ATT, told them exactly that, and the rep emailed me the unlock code with the steps to unlock it. You can call them back and tell them that you're traveling abroad and want to be able to use your BB with a local SIM of where ever you're traveling to, and demand that you get the unlock code.

If no luck, then just buy the unlock code. I purchased the unlock code for a Bold 9650 on eBay for $.99, received the unlock code within minutes, and it worked great. Good luck.
    02-13-12 07:43 AM
    That's BS. The rep you got on the phone was just being an A**. When I had my Curve 8310, I wanted it unlocked to use it in the Dominican Republic because I was going on vacation over there. I called ATT, told them exactly that, and the rep emailed me the unlock code with the steps to unlock it. You can call them back and tell them that you're traveling abroad and want to be able to use your BB with a local SIM of where ever you're traveling to, and demand that you get the unlock code.

If no luck, then just buy the unlock code. I purchased the unlock code for a Bold 9650 on eBay for $.99, received the unlock code within minutes, and it worked great. Good luck.
    Last November 2011, I tried twice to get an unlock code from AT&T for my Torch. Both persons I talked to said there is no unlock code available for the Torch because this particular phone is exclusive to AT&T. I even used my "17 years as AT&T customer" trump card and still no go. I decided to pay the $8 or so to get an unlock code from one of the people who frequent these forums.

I think it's a question of what type of phone you want to unlock. Similar to your Curve, a few years back I had a couple of Palm phones I got unlock codes for free from AT&T without any hassle.
    02-19-12 07:49 PM
    That is correct. Today is 3-15-12 and I went to eBay and Samir23239 did it in a few hours for on .99 cents!!!!!!!!!

To with these other loser people offering "free" BS & lies!
    03-17-12 01:42 AM
    That is correct. Today is 3-15-12 and I went to eBay and Samir23239 did it in a few hours for on .99 cents!!!!!!!!!

To with these other loser people offering "free" BS & lies!
    Mine is actually unlocked. For free. :P
    03-17-12 01:25 PM
    I just got off an hour-long phone call with Rogers.

They wanted to charge me $50 for the unlock code for my blackberry 9800.

I thought that was ridiculous since I bought this Rogers Blackberry 9800 outright in Dec 2010. I just upgraded with them to a 9900. I've also been a Rogers customer for years (and my wireless/cable/internet bill is a few hundred a month!)

I ended up getting the unlock code for free.

Long story short, I had to say I wanted to cancel my wireless account and agree to a $2,000 cancellation charge for the 4 phones in my family plan. After the manager went on about the cancellation fees, I complained & bellyached for a few minutes about the cancellation charge then I said "Fine, I will pay the $2000. Cancel my accounts. Please transfer me to the cable dept."

I had to insist I wanted to cancel a couple more times before he finally agreed to give me the unlock code for free.

You gotta go all the way with your threat. Can't show any weakness, keep telling them you are pissed and you want to cancel your account and want to be transferred to another dept. You will magically get the unlock code for free. Your contract is worth far more than the $50 to them.
    03-17-12 02:18 PM
    Since the OP has not responded back, there's no way of knowing any details. He may not even have been an AT&T customer at the time.

I got AT&T to provide me a free unlock code with no issues. I was an AT&T customer with the BB active on my account at the time. I told them I need to travel overseas for work and need to use a local SIM. They verified my account was in good standing and sent me an unlock code and even the instructions to do it.

There are plenty of free sources for unlock codes as well. I used one to unlock my other BB.
    03-17-12 02:42 PM
    You can unlock your Blackberry Torch 9800 by using the unique unlock code for your device (that can be calculated using your IMEI #) which will remove the SIM lock security and will make your Blackberry Torch 9800 unlocked and free for use with SIM cards from other carriers.
    03-18-12 06:19 AM
    Thank you AidenSurvival for the information about http://freemyblackberry.com .........I really unlocked my BB for free..... You just have to wait 24 hours and you will get the free code....Follow the instructions, freemyblackberry.com works!!!!!!!!
    07-29-13 03:19 PM
    I bought 9800 blacberry tourch from usa but nw its not working its app please advice
    08-16-13 03:09 AM
    how will i get the turbo sim.
    My 9800 torch is locked and its on 0 rep
    10-30-13 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD