Hi,

I'm thinking of moving over from Android to Blackberry. The main reasoning is I'm hoping that without a touch screen I'll get a decent battery life from my phone. In 2013, I'm cycling from London - Edinburgh and back to London over a 4 day period and don't want to charge my phone every day.

I was thinking of the 9360 cos it's got OS7 and I like new things however on these forums there is a lot of criticism about the battery life.

So the question is would I be losing out by going for the 9300 with OS6 and is there a significant difference in battery life (I'm not expecting 4 days but 2 would be good!)

TIA
    02-08-12 06:58 AM
    Blackberry's have horrible battery. You should stick with your current phone but if you really want to switch go to 9360. It has better batter than 9300.
    02-08-12 08:04 AM
    I agree with emad1995, if battery life is the thing your after, a blackberry is definitely not for you. Things like internet browsers, emails, bbm and that stupid red alert light in the top right corner of the phone all mean unless you don't plan on actually using it,you'll need to charge it daily. Sorry!!:/
    02-09-12 02:46 PM
    IMHO I found the battery life on the 9300 to be ok. i've just got a 9380 and also found the battery life to be ok. A lot depends on the carrier and tariff. On O2 on my monthly tariff� I got 2-3 days between charges. While on a business trip I used a local pay'n'go fcebook and bbm sim and I was barely getting a day's use out of a full battery. (using the same phone)
    02-09-12 07:25 PM
    I think battery like is pretty decent. If you are looking for a serious, efficient phone go blackberry. I came from Android and they are good but I found myself always fiddling with it or playing games. So do I get better battery life on my Blackberry, yes. Simply cause I use it less, but I also feel that the things it does do, it does them well. If you want a phone with good signal, good at calling, texting, email and facebook, get a blackberry. It feels like it just does those things better. If you like constant web browsing, games and frill, stick to Andoid. I have a Cuvre 3G 9330 though it is a lower end Blackberry I feel more efficient and productive with it then I did with my high end Android.
    02-13-12 11:48 AM
    I've found battery life on the curve 9300 to be good and last a good while, it beats my old nokia N8 and the blackberry storm hands down with GPS switched on and LED alerts on, the battery lasts a whole day without charge, that's also with regular internet browsing, games, apps, phone calls, bbm's texts and emails.
    On days when I have not used my phone the 9300 lasts 2-3 days without charge.

9360 is a more recent update of the curve, it runs OS7, not OS6 as the 9300 does, it features a better camera, flash, new design to the curve line, more ram etc but It has a smaller battery, and so I've been told a keyboard that's worse than the 9300's, so I would expect worse battery life from the 9360.
    Really your choice, I'd rather save the few �'s and get a 9300 and buy a larger memory card and a case for the phone.
    02-16-12 10:11 AM
    Thanks for all the advice. I get about 30 hours out of my current phone which may be a problem on a 4 day cycle.

Since I posted the question I've done quite a bit more research and noticed that the Bold 9780 comes with a 1500mah battery and should hopefully therefore last a while. Whilst cycling the phone should just be receiving email really. Every now and again I'll be taking a pic and posting it on Facebook.

Given though the advice given above and my experience with Android, I'm also going to invest in a system that charges my phone as I cycle along either dynamo or solar.
    02-16-12 11:07 AM
    I seriously recommend sticking to your 9300. The 9360 is slim and funky but the battery life on the new os7 devices is kinda poor. Also the keyboard on the 9360 is quite frankly !
    02-21-12 09:52 AM
    Everybodies mileage will vary But I find my year old 9300 to be simply amazing for battery life. I quite regularly go a full week between charging and have always maintained battery in best possible way. I've never let it sit dead for any amount of time. Obviously I don;t spend a lot of time talking or surfing with it.
    02-21-12 03:06 PM
    9300 is better batterywise and music wise while 9360 is better on resolution and camera.
    02-24-12 12:12 AM
    Blackberry's have horrible battery. You should stick with your current phone but if you really want to switch go to 9360. It has better batter than 9300.
    I agree with emad1995, if battery life is the thing your after, a blackberry is definitely not for you. Things like internet browsers, emails, bbm and that stupid red alert light in the top right corner of the phone all mean unless you don't plan on actually using it,you'll need to charge it daily. Sorry!!:/
    Where is the dislike button?

On a serious note, if battery life is what you are looking at, the 9780 is better than the 9360. My 9360 lasts for about 24 hrs with a heavy email traffic, few calls and constant BBM's.
    If you are going to cycle, do keep in mind that you will constantly be in and out of cellphone coverage areas, draining the battery much faster.
    An external charger, working on dynamo/solar is a good option and you maybe able to retain your Android, if battery is the only deterrent.
    02-24-12 04:41 AM
    My friend has got a blackberry 9360 and the battery is rubbish, it's on charge constantly and she's only had it a few months
    04-02-13 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD