Ok, I have had my phone on silent (BB 9930), and Ive been wakened by a quick chirp sound several times. I figured it was an alert telling me my battery was fully charged. This has happened about 4 times, so last night I put it on "all alerts off", and I still heard the chirp, not once, but twice last night. What could it possibly be? I like to use my phone as a clock in bedside mode, but now im thinking about charging it in another room. Has anyone else heard of this ? Thanks.
    02-08-12 04:16 AM
    mine does that too
    02-08-12 04:37 AM
    Options > Accessibility > Event Sounds = Off
    02-08-12 05:12 AM
    interesting. If I click that to off, will it silence all of the phone? What is the difference between that and "all alerts off" ?
    02-08-12 10:55 AM
    Event sounds are for Accessibility. They don't have anything to do with the regular alert settings.

Also, "All Alerts Off" only controls those items listed in the Profile settings. The accessibility sound and clock alarms are not included.
    02-08-12 11:07 AM
    interesting. If I click that to off, will it silence all of the phone? What is the difference between that and "all alerts off" ?
    Event Sounds will always play when switched on, irrespective of which Sound Profile you have selected.

With Event Sounds switched off, you will no longer hear any sounds for the following:-

Battery Full, Battery Low, Device Connected to Power Source, Device Disconnected from Power Source, Device Powered Off, and Device Powered On.
    02-08-12 11:07 AM
    Event Sounds will always play when switched on, irrespective of which Sound Profile you have selected.

With Event Sounds switched off, you will no longer hear any sounds for the following:-

Battery Full, Battery Low, Device Connected to Power Source, Device Disconnected from Power Source, Device Powered Off, and Device Powered On.
    If only that also included the camera shutter.
    02-08-12 11:15 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the answer!
    02-08-12 12:00 PM
    Excellent! Thanks! I've been dealing with this waking me up every morning for about a week now.
    02-08-12 12:35 PM
    I will say that I have the "event sounds off" but I have one contact that even when its on vibrate, it plays the ring tone associated with that person even if the phone is on vibrate, anyone have an idea why that happens?
    02-08-12 12:45 PM
    In the Contact Alert, do you have the volume set to "Active Profile"? If you have it set to a number, that will override the Profile setting.

Set it to "Active Profile" and it will follow the Profile settings.
    02-08-12 05:42 PM
    It's possessed
    02-08-12 06:30 PM
    If only that also included the camera shutter.
    Can you do that on a digital camera?
    02-08-12 07:09 PM
    Had same problem. Sorted it now, thanks so much!
    01-13-13 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD