I asked them but Telus said that they don't comment on unreleased phones.
    02-07-12 09:06 AM
    Who the heck knows! I gave up and got a Rogers version and got it unlocked to use on TELUS. I'm very disappointed in TELUS because of this...
    02-17-12 10:04 PM
    most telus employees won't comment on unreleased phones because they are lucky if they find out the day before the launch, at least for the call centres anyways.

LTE wasn't announce internally until the 9th. I work in tech support and found out about it on my way into work from mobile syrup. Didn't recieve a document until the afternoon.
    02-17-12 10:59 PM
    I was thinking of picking up the Bell version since Bell and Telus share the same network so I know it'll work. However, I noticed that the Rogers version is $50 less. Any idea why?
    02-20-12 09:23 PM
    I was thinking of picking up the Bell version since Bell and Telus share the same network so I know it'll work. However, I noticed that the Rogers version is $50 less. Any idea why?
    TELUS & Bell share the same towers, but you'll still need to get the Bell version unlocked to be able to use it on TELUS. There is absolutely no difference between the Rogers and Bell versions of the 9900, other than the obvious branding. Both have the exact same radios, and will function exactly the same on TELUS if unlocked.

Carriers get to set their own prices, and as such there is often some variance.
    02-20-12 09:27 PM
    So can I just buy a Bold 9900 from Bell or Rogers, unlock it, and pop in the SIM card from my Telus Bold 9780 and it'll work? Do I need to call Telus and inform them or do anything else to get it to work properly?
    02-21-12 07:06 PM
    So can I just buy a Bold 9900 from Bell or Rogers, unlock it, and pop in the SIM card from my Telus Bold 9780 and it'll work? Do I need to call Telus and inform them or do anything else to get it to work properly?
    Yup, that's it! No need to call TELUS...
    02-22-12 12:51 AM
    OK cool.

One other thing, if there are OS updates released, do I have to get the Bell/Rogers version of the OS update as opposed to the Telus version?
    02-22-12 07:19 AM
    OK cool.

One other thing, if there are OS updates released, do I have to get the Bell/Rogers version of the OS update as opposed to the Telus version?
    You can get any 9900 firmware version you want; you just have to delete the vender.xml file before installing it on your device. I do it all the time.
    02-22-12 08:31 AM
    OK, thanks.
    02-22-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD