So today I sent a text message and right after sending the screen went black (like it was going into sleep mode) so I tried to get it out of sleep mode by hitting the lock/unlock button, the trackpad, nothing would bring the screen back up. So i took out the battery, waited about a minute and put it back in. I got the Red light on the front to turn on for about 10 seconds and then it turned back off. So i hit the power button but now I can't get my phone to turn on for the life of me.

This is the second time I have had this exact phone do this to me. the last time the phone just randomly started working again, but I was having problems with the touchpad keyboard randomly typing messages. I took it the Verizon store (which they were beyond rude, but thats another story) and while they told me there was nothing they could do for me, the phone started to work just fine again.

My dad is going to call verizon tonight to see if they can give me any solutions but do you guys have anything until then?
    02-06-12 11:06 AM
    So today I sent a text message and right after sending the screen went black (like it was going into sleep mode) so I tried to get it out of sleep mode by hitting the lock/unlock button, the trackpad, nothing would bring the screen back up. So i took out the battery, waited about a minute and put it back in. I got the Red light on the front to turn on for about 10 seconds and then it turned back off. So i hit the power button but now I can't get my phone to turn on for the life of me.

This is the second time I have had this exact phone do this to me. the last time the phone just randomly started working again, but I was having problems with the touchpad keyboard randomly typing messages. I took it the Verizon store (which they were beyond rude, but thats another story) and while they told me there was nothing they could do for me, the phone started to work just fine again.

My dad is going to call verizon tonight to see if they can give me any solutions but do you guys have anything until then?
    When you put the battery back in allow the phone to reboot by itself without you pushing anything. Yes, the red led light will turn on for a few seconds and then turn off, this is all part of reboot process.
    02-06-12 02:14 PM
    Ya that didn't work either. the buttons all stay on but the screen stays black.

We called Verizon and I guess there is a Manufactures Warranty with Blackberry for a year after the date of purchase so good news is they are sending me a new phone and will be here by tomorrow afternoon.

I just feel naked without a phone.
    Thanks for trying to help though
    02-06-12 08:10 PM
    For what it is worth, we have 5 9850's on our business account. 1 of them has been replaced for this issue 3 times and 2 others have been replaced once each. We haven't been able to figure out exactly what is triggering the problem. One Verizon rep thought it might be a charging issue and sent me out a couple of new batteries - we'll see. Needless to say I am constantly reminding our users to make sure that they backup on a regular basis or use Blackberry Protect.
    02-09-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD