Is it possible to run OS5 on the new 9350/9360/9370 Curve?
    02-06-12 07:57 AM
    No. That OS version does not exist for that device.
    02-06-12 08:38 AM
    why would you wanna run that old os on the new curve for? lol
    02-06-12 08:44 AM
    @derrikps3
    +1 , OS7 is like a million times better than os 5 , and if. You find a way to run os 5 on the 9360 , you'll end up with about 2 hrs of battery life , due to some system optimizations
    02-06-12 11:22 AM
    Reason why I ask is because OS5 is a smaller operating system and wouldn't require a lot of system resources to bog down the phone. It would free up more memory. Plus, it looks like all they did was upgrade the processor and ram on the phone. I've have upgraded my 9300 3G from OS5 to OS6 and found it very sluggish. So I reverted back. Newer doesn't always mean better.

All I wanted to know if someone has ever tried it?
    02-07-12 12:46 PM
    OSes are specific to the device they're installed on. The new Curve was released with OS 7, not OS 5 or 6. If no previous OS exists, there is nothing you can refer to to downgrade. Unless you can write OS code, you're stuck with what's available.

However, if your goal is a smaller OS, use a program like Shrink-A-OS, and then you can delete stuff you don't need or use, and thereby you can make your memory easier to manage.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-07-12 at 02:22 PM.
    wecw likes this.
    02-07-12 02:18 PM
    Reason why I ask is because OS5 is a smaller operating system and wouldn't require a lot of system resources to bog down the phone. It would free up more memory. Plus, it looks like all they did was upgrade the processor and ram on the phone. I've have upgraded my 9300 3G from OS5 to OS6 and found it very sluggish. So I reverted back. Newer doesn't always mean better.

All I wanted to know if someone has ever tried it?
    It's essentially impossible, and even if you managed to do so the OS is not designed for that device and so will be extremely unstable, way worse than just sticking with OS 7

OS 7 run way better than OS 5 or 6 did, and the amount of ram is now at the point where most users will never have to worry about running out.
    02-07-12 02:31 PM
    Thank you BergerKing for the Shrink-A-OS suggestion. I will give it a try.
    02-08-12 12:04 AM
    Thank you BergerKing for the Shrink-A-OS suggestion. I will give it a try.
    Also, I haven't checked yet for 93xx themes, but some themes can give your homescreen the os look and feel that I assume you may be looking for
    02-09-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD