Well folks, what do you think? Me, I was unimpressed, Madonna, who I was a fan of in her early days, lip sync'd her way to a very poor showing while her aged (though buff) body failed to deliver...I mean, even the Tin Man is more fluid when he wakes up. I bet Betty White could have done a better job breaking some moves then the over the hill Madonna.

I have a suggestion for Madonna before she does any more live appearances, drink some Joint Juice and use this:

Attachment 102152

02-06-12 06:16 AM
    Cut out the 6+ hour pre-game show, the snoozefest half-time show, start the game at 4:00, 1:00 would be better, and focus on football. The puppy bowl was more entertaining.
    02-06-12 06:53 AM
    The only way that show would have been good would be if Madonna segued from the first song into a rousing version of Paradise City with Slash coming out of the stage!
    02-06-12 08:37 AM
    I don't care much for Madonna, and personally, I'm happy she didn't sing her virgin song. I would rather have seen almost anyone at halftime...

Or, as was already stated, loose the pregame and halftime shows altogether.
    02-06-12 10:58 AM
    The end was the best part. What is it with lipsyncing anyway. So many do that now. If you can't sing without having your voice mixed and manipulated how do they sell so much? They do because they are who media pushes and says is great. After awhile people tend to believe it.
    02-06-12 11:16 AM
    Oh, and it was so refreshing to get flipped off by MIA. I was very impressed.
    02-06-12 11:30 AM
    The end was the best part. What is it with lipsyncing anyway. So many do that now. If you can't sing without having your voice mixed and manipulated how do they sell so much? They do because they are who media pushes and says is great. After awhile people tend to believe it.
    I get where you are coming from. But at least with respect to the superbowl, or events like that, I can excuse it. It's not like they setup all of her equipment, soundcheck it, and it gets left in place. They roll, at least, the sets in with minutes to spare and all. And I guess the NFL would hate to have it fail for the viewing audience.

But for artists that lipsynch night in and night out, a la Britney, I do NOT condone it at all. Sure, sure, sure, the artists like Britney, they would argue that you are paying for a performance and show, and not one person's voice. I find that disingenuous.

When The Who performed, they kind sucked a bit since Pete seemed drunk and did not appear to be playing well. And Roger's voice is obviously not what it used to be. But it was an honest and real performance.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-07-12 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD